ADVERTISEMENT

Canada Trip

Jun 2, 2023
These games will be tough, but let’s just say this team goes undefeated in Canada, what would that mean for this team and the upcoming season?

These games will be tough, but let’s just say this team goes undefeated in Canada, what would that mean for this team and the upcoming season?
It means they won a few meaningless Summer Games, but don't get your hopes up......

.........it takes months for Cal to teach his one and only out of bounds play.

Last edited:
Win or lose doesn't mean anything on this trip, unless we lose to a really bad team.
Only how well the guys gel & bond matters, which we won't really see.

The best you can hope for out of these summer trips is team building with the guys getting some early experience playing together. Sweeping the Bahamas doesn't necessarily mean anything for the regular season last year as well as when the 2014-15 team lost 1 game there and went on to win 38 straight games.

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing. Nothing that happens, besides injury, has any implications on how we’ll be this year. Remember the Bahamas?

You have to understand this is way different than the Bahamas trip, these teams are good that they will be playing. Baylor went 1-3 last season in this tournament….
Eh dont care. The season is what, 4 months away? The team could be drastically better or much worse come that time.

I’d imagine there are stretches where they look pretty good, and stretches where they look disjointed and bad. Don’t expect many wins, but that might be a good thing to show the players and staff what needs to be worked on before the season gets underway.

Reactions: gharding07
Fan reaction to last year's exhibition games was borderline ecstasy. Calipari's was, "It's going to be rough for awhile."

My take away is that the average fan doesn't know what they're looking at.

I hope the team has fun and nobody gets hurt.
We are taking one player, Reeves, with intense college playing experience and another, Thiero, with only a little bit of it. The other players are new to the level or, in Onyenso's case, sat out last year. These players will have practiced as a whole team for a couple of weeks. If we don't expect much, that should be about right. Do not be deceived by the star rankings. These skinny players are starting at square one with a coach who shits ice cream.

Reactions: DreadLox
This trip will be more helpful than the Bahamas trip because we are so young. This will give these young guys a chance to play together for the first time. That’s the biggest positive for this trip.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Anyone planning on going?

I'm in Flint, Michigan so I'm thinking of making it over there.

Is there an admission price to the games?

Canada won’t mean a thing. This happens every so many years. Cowl will go up make the team look like they could smoke an NBA team come back and get embarrassed in the regular season. Consider the Canada trip UK vs paid actors.

Canada won’t mean a thing. This happens every so many years. Cowl will go up make the team look like they could smoke an NBA team come back and get embarrassed in the regular season. Consider the Canada trip UK vs paid actors.
You are totally mistaken about the competition on this trip. That's not going to happen.

You are totally mistaken about the competition on this trip. That's not going to happen.
All jokes aside, isn’t that what happened last Canadian trip? It was quite a few years ago. Honestly Id rather see then lose every game (no I don’t want them to) if it meant growth for them as players and the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT