ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Was That You??

LmdCat

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
If you exclude the stupid technical, Cal did a darn good job of coaching. He certainly aimed his offense at the right matchups. However, some of our players decided to do their own thing at times. Overall, it was a darn good performance win or lose, but I am certainly happier because we won.

Last edited:
Cal tomorrow morning...

apocalypse-now-coppola.gif

Cal tomorrow morning...

apocalypse-now-coppola.gif
Give him credit. Had the guys ready, incredibly balanced scoring. Sat the right guys at the right time. If it wasn't for some hero ball 3ptrs from RJ and bone headed freshmen mistakes this is a 10-15 pt win. We are moving in the right direction and though we didn't shoot it very well today and had guys taking bad shots you can see what it should look like with Bradshaw out there. And the development of Thiero had been stunning.

If you don't consider the stupid technical, Cal did a darn good job of coaching. He certainly aimed his offense at the right matchups. However, some of our players decided to do their own thing at times. Overall, it was a darn good performance win or lose, but I am certainly happier because we won.

I agree, overall good Effort by calipari.

Reactions: University-6
We gotta remember that sometimes it’s not always about coaching. Two heavyweights in a slug fest can go either way. Of course coaching is always important but in games like this the ball can bounce either way despite who’s on the sideline.

We gotta remember that sometimes it’s not always about coaching. Two heavyweights in a slug fest can go either way. Of course coaching is always important but in games like this the ball can bounce either way despite who’s on the sideline.
In past seasons, we would have crumbled after UNC took that late lead. These guys played well under pressure and you have to give Cal some credit for that.

If you don't consider the stupid technical, Cal did a darn good job of coaching. He certainly aimed his offense at the right matchups. However, some of our players decided to do their own thing at times. Overall, it was a darn good performance win or lose, but I am certainly happier because we won.
He was good today, deserves credit. He has a tough decision to make about Edwards

Reactions: cat tat2
I thought the offense we ran down the stretch was indicative of historical Cal with a lead, not much purposeful movement with or without the ball until the shot clock was about the run out.

The guards hit some tough jumpers in the waning minutes to stave off UNC's end game run. Gotta hand it to them.

Bacot was only 3-4. UK basically made UNC forget about him and that's what their guards did. Also did a great job of keeping Ingram off the 3 point line. He was 0-3 and the shots weren't very good looks.

If you make them give something up then they have to earn it the rest of the lineup. 2 of their guards almost carried them to a win, but Cadeau didn't do shiznit.

He was good today, deserves credit. He has a tough decision to make about Edwards
I think Edwards has made the decision for him. If you notice, the less Edwards plays, the more he jacks up bad shots trying to get his points in before going back to the bench where he should be until he gets his head right. I would much rather see Reeves jacking up shots than Edwards.

He did pretty well. I don't hate him as much as many when he loses... and I don't love him as much as some when he wins.

He's a decent Xs and Os coach but is exceptional with recruiting and player development. His success is largely determined by the talent he puts on the floor.

And this talent now has two top10 wins, so I'm happy so far.

Reactions: Seakat311 and ORCAT
He did pretty well. I don't hate him as much as many when he loses... and I don't love him as much as some when he wins.

He's a decent Xs and Os coach but is exceptional with recruiting and player development. His success is largely determined by the talent he puts on the floor.

And this talent now has two top10 wins, so I'm happy so far.
Very good and fair assessment.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The old dog HAS learned some new tricks.

rest of the cbb world better watch out.

It ain't yer' same old Kentucky teams he is trotting out there to roll the ball to out there any longer......

It was very obvious that Cal was making adjustments. I loved how he threw the double teams a Bacot which confused the heck out of him because he didn't know when or if it was coming.
The Bacot double teams forced more than a few TOs, and it helps that this team has the high IQ guys who can pull it off. Gotta know when to collapse and when to stay on your man. Worked well tonight.

I do think a large part of the perceived coaching improvement this year comes from the fact that this team is full of high basketball IQ guys for the most part. Cal is visible less frustrated on the sidelines during the games.

The Bacot double teams forced more than a few TOs, and it helps that this team has the high IQ guys who can pull it off. Gotta know when to collapse and when to stay on your man. Worked well tonight.

I do think a large part of the perceived coaching improvement this year comes from the fact that this team is full of high basketball IQ guys for the most part. Cal is visible less frustrated on the sidelines during the games.
Excellent post!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT