ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Cal Cal

tomrain

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 18, 2004
Does it get under anyone else's skin that Cal has little canned phrases he uses every year? And they change like his sideline attire. Its like he sits around all summer thinking of BS to say. The phrase this year seems to be," We have basketball players." Something that us fans have been begging for the past few years. But how many times have we heard him say that phrase already this year, practically every interview. The one that keeps resonating with me this year, is last year he kept hyping Theiro, saying one day he would be a defensive player of the year in College basketball. Fast forward this year and what happened? We have a forward getting cooked time after time after time on defense, and where is Theiro? On the bench watching it happen. Cmon Cal, what gives?? One year he is potentially defensive player of the year, and the next year, after he is much bigger and stronger, he cant be put in the game to guard a guy who is kicking our butts time after time after time. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
It’s like 3 year olds with OCD on these boards. Repeating the same crap that makes no difference in the world as a fan.
No actually its not the same thing...I was just thinking about last year he kept saying, "One day Theiro could be a defensive player of the year." And now this year he has moved to a different narrative. Obviously, his defense cant get him on the floor at a crucial time, when were getting our asses handed to us by a much inferior opponent, taking a guy who plays the same position time after time and using him like his little bit*h.. Of course you nut hangers can continue to defend this clown. Im just sick and tired of this mediocrity and the lame excuses.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I think we all knew going into this season that cal will find a way to make it a nightmare. He’s a completely different person than 8 years ago and he doesn’t have it anymore. He needs to retire, move out of Lexington and go work at ESPN or somewhere. He’s a showman now and that’s it.

Did you and Cal finish the Little House on the Prairie marathon? That must have been exhausting.
NBoHOhf.png

No...it doesn't bother me what Calipari says. He's figured out how to ring the bell of all the negative fans.

Reactions: lj bulldog
This year it's "buzzard luck" and "house money" . He's said that quite alot.

Calisms can be fun sometimes....especially if we're winning. But some of them (Haven't seen him; not machines) have just been overused like crazy.

This year it's "buzzard luck" and "house money" . He's said that quite alot.

Calisms can be fun sometimes....especially if we're winning. But some of them (Haven't seen him; not machines) have just been overused like crazy.
How about, "You cant miss them all!! The hair on the back of my neck stands up when I hear that one!

Can you find something to fuss about other than going after UK fans? That's about all you do. And Lawrence Welk is high entertainment.
I get what you’re saying, but the continuous bitching about the exact same thing over and over it’s just cluttering this board. I don’t care what the fans have to say but this site has been very difficult to read and I get it. There’s not a lot of great news, but we just had incredible news a week before and it’s like it never existed. The vast majority of us want Cal gone but it certainly not gonna happen till the season is over so if everything he says bugs you you’re giving him power he doesn’t deserve.

I get what you’re saying, but the continuous bitching about the exact same thing over and over it’s just cluttering this board. I don’t care what the fans have to say but this site has been very difficult to read and I get it. There’s not a lot of great news, but we just had incredible news a week before and it’s like it never existed. The vast majority of us want Cal gone but it certainly not gonna happen till the season is over so if everything he says bugs you you’re giving him power he doesn’t deserve.
Can't disagree with you. It gets old from all angles.

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
It’s not going to happen till he decides to go. I don’t hear not one single peep out of UK. The guy runs a class operation. Puts the kids first. Doesn’t cheat. Gets good press. Complies with his contract. Runs a competitive program and gets to the tourney every year. How many college presidents are going to allocate funds to buy out of that? If people point to the standard hater logic, it’s trivial to dismiss that as hysterical lunacy.

I think we all knew going into this season that cal will find a way to make it a nightmare. He’s a completely different person than 8 years ago and he doesn’t have it anymore. He needs to retire, move out of Lexington and go work at ESPN or somewhere. He’s a showman now and that’s it.
He’s too arrogant and self centered to even leave. A sane person would have some level of guilt that he’s basically stolen an absurd amount of money from UK and resign in shame. I really think like all politicians which is what he is, the man is a just a sociopath

Does it get under anyone else's skin that Cal has little canned phrases he uses every year? And they change like his sideline attire. Its like he sits around all summer thinking of BS to say. The phrase this year seems to be," We have basketball players." Something that us fans have been begging for the past few years. But how many times have we heard him say that phrase already this year, practically every interview. The one that keeps resonating with me this year, is last year he kept hyping Theiro, saying one day he would be a defensive player of the year in College basketball. Fast forward this year and what happened? We have a forward getting cooked time after time after time on defense, and where is Theiro? On the bench watching it happen. Cmon Cal, what gives?? One year he is potentially defensive player of the year, and the next year, after he is much bigger and stronger, he cant be put in the game to guard a guy who is kicking our butts time after time after time. Just my thoughts.
lol, what in gods name are you talking about ?

He was not a 5 star recruit....has to earn playing time.

Reactions: tomrain
Runs a competitive program and gets to the tourney every year.

Lol

You were defending BCG and Tubby before they got ran out of town too. I'd bet a million dollars that I don't have on it. Just admit it.

It does and it doesn't. Every coach has their mannerisms. If you hate Cal it will bother you. If you don't hate Cal then it's easy to just look past.

It’s not going to happen till he decides to go. I don’t hear not one single peep out of UK. The guy runs a class operation. Puts the kids first. Doesn’t cheat. Gets good press. Complies with his contract. Runs a competitive program and gets to the tourney every year. How many college presidents are going to allocate funds to buy out of that? If people point to the standard hater logic, it’s trivial to dismiss that as hysterical lunacy.
Well said.

I defended tubby. You will not find one single post I made on BCG. Not one. You loose. Send me the money.
BCG had our guys tough and if you played bad you were punished ask Jorts. I loved his tenacity for drinking, wish it was more winning games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT