ADVERTISEMENT

Built for Midnight Madness!!

Cow tells us that conf and sec tourney titles dont matter. Those are below cow. He builds for the REAL thing...............apparently not since we've missed two ncaa tourneys, been bounced by a 15 seed, lost in the second round and haven't made a sweet sixteen in eons. All this while finishing 3, 4, 5 place and losing in the first round of conf tourney. If we were finishing fourth in the conf and losing early in the conf tourney but heading to EEs, FFs, and championships every year, I wouldn't be uttering a peep. This is totally unacceptable. We have so much gluttonous talent that its embarrassing yet I see uconn just chugging along up there with great teams and utilizing the talent they have.

Built for ending generational poverty
This is another one that gets under my skin. They act like Cal is some miracle worker/humanitarian for changing the lives of so many players and their families for generations to come. I'm sorry but Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Towns, Fox, Maxey, Monk, Bam etc all were going to be superstars in the league and did not need Cal or Kentucky to make millions. They were going to get to the league on potential alone regardless what college they went to. There may be some exceptions to guys that he has helped but in general most of these guys were going to get paid anyway.

This is another one that gets under my skin. They act like Cal is some miracle worker/humanitarian for changing the lives of so many players and their families for generations to come. I'm sorry but Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Towns, Fox, Maxey, Monk, Bam etc all were going to be superstars in the league and did not need Cal or Kentucky to make millions. They were going to get to the league on potential alone regardless what college they went to. There may be some exceptions to guys that he has helped but in general most of these guys were going to get paid anyway.
AGREED 100%! Hell, 97% of us could have 'coached' them to the NBA...

Joe Lunardi’s way-too-early 2024 Bracketology (emphasis on “way-too-early”)​

joe-lunardis-way-too-early-2024-bracketology-emphasis-on-v0-ucn5vazrdfpa1.jpg
r/CollegeBasketball - Joe Lunardi’s way-too-early 2024 Bracketology (emphasis on “way-too-early”)

UK a one seed on this one .

And about the guys who aren’t the first or second rounders who get buried on the bench or relegated to mop up minutes. Doesnt their generational security matter? Why is it just the big timers that seem to matter? And is the message he’s preaching that mega money is the only security and happiness in life?

Now instead of looking at how many players went pro (who would have anyway), let’s look at how many dropouts he’s coaches who never made
It far after college.

I haven’t looked into it, but I assume he has quite the list of players who have no pro earnings and no degree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT