ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl

SlykkteeHMail

All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2011
Took a undermanned team verses impossible odds and coach them to scrapping their heart out.

I could care 1 iota about the show cause, he lied, he admitted it, he served his punishment!

If Cal was to walk into the sunlight after #9 or whenever it may be the first and only call should be to Pearl as the next UK coach.

No other coach has shown both the passion and humility required to be at the helm of our great program. Not to mention he has proven to be one heck of a coach!

I will definitely be watching whatever tourney they get to because it will be entertaining!

Pearl and UK recruiting (cause UK recruits itself) would be the next big monster of college hoops (post Cal), IMHO.

JohnBlue, yes he cheated and he admitted it and moved on. If he is the same person (never learned from his mistake) then you right (as everyone would agree) never. But people make mistakes, learn from them and grow into better people after being humbled. Punishment shouldn't last forever. Perhaps there are those that has had a lie-free, mistake free life but I am not one therefore I have the compassion to forgive and move on with the idea people can grow from a past mistake. JMO. I can be counted as one that like Pearl and have forgave him and think he would do good.

UK does recruit itself no matter what Tubby & BG recruited. Some coaches no matter the program recruit to their characteristics and comfort level, that is not a mark against the school but the individual. UK is the best school in the country and no mater the coach, if he contains the will an passion (as Cal has proven) UK will always have their pick of the top talent. Again, I don't dwell in the past but see the outlook of the future base on evidence of the present. Just my Humble opinion.

Show cause? Cause we want the best... lol But seriously, it is not a death nail but a "caution" otherwise they would just not allow him to coach period. JMHO.

This post was edited on 3/14 3:23 PM by SlykkteeHMail

This post was edited on 3/14 3:51 PM by SlykkteeHMail

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.