ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket help

Cat_Man_Blue

Sophomore
Jan 5, 2003
I assume that the looser of tonight's game would face UF in an elimination game and the winner of the elimination game would face the winner of tonights game, is that correct? Then lets say that the winner of the elimination game beats the winner of tonights game, I assume they would have a rematch. Do I have all of this correct?

By the way, I want to admitt that I was completely wrong about coach Mingione. I am not saying that just because he got this team to Omaha, I am so impressed with the type of man he is and the way he comes across. I had no Idea of what kind of person he is until CWS interviews. I don't see how a player wouldn't strongly consider playing for him. I could see the exposure he has gotten in the CWS propelling his recruiting to a much higher level.

You have it correct. Then the winner of the other bracket plays the winner of our bracket in the final series, best 2 out of 3.

Have to lose two to be eliminated. So our hill to climb is pretty steep right now. I think we can win tonight, but taking two from aTm is going to be a monumental task.

Regardless, making the semi-finals is something to hang our hats on. It's a historical finish for this program and something to build on for the future. Something NO ONE expected to happen this year.

Have to lose two to be eliminated. So our hill to climb is pretty steep right now. I think we can win tonight, but taking two from aTm is going to be a monumental task.

Regardless, making the semi-finals is something to hang our hats on. It's a historical finish for this program and something to build on for the future. Something NO ONE expected to happen this year.

If we somehow can get through tonight, I'd like our chances with Pooser in the first game against A & M. I assume Pooser is not pitching tonight? Today would be his 3rd day of rest.

If we somehow can get through tonight, I'd like our chances with Pooser in the first game against A & M. I assume Pooser is not pitching tonight? Today would be his 3rd day of rest.

Well, game is postponed to tomorrow. So that could have an effect, but I think they'd keep Pooser rested for a bit and not risk his future. Maybe he could go in an emergency type situation, but I don't think our bullpen is hurting too badly right now. I imagine we see Niman tomorrow and we try to get as much as we can from him and probably Hogan. Then it will be maybe Hagenow in the evening game. Smith if he is healthy.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
If we can get past Florida I like our chances against A&M!!!
If we can get past Florida you like our chances to beat A&M, who we already lost to, later the same day? And then beat them again the next day?

Yeah, I’m not liking those odds myself.

If we can get past Florida you like our chances to beat A&M, who we already lost to, later the same day? And then beat them again the next day?

That's exactly what LSU did last year. Baseballs a funny game and there's a reason it's double elimination and 2 out of 3 series.

I don’t know man, I just have this gut feeling that A&M is going to have to throw another pitcher out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT