ADVERTISEMENT

Borzello's way too early top 25

UT at 8 and UK at 15.

giphy.gif

UT at 8 and UK at 15.

giphy.gif

Tennessee, another head scratcher... Ziegler is rehabbing a torn ACL and is slated to come back late Fall. They return Vescovi and JJJ (meh), lose nearly 40% of their starting minutes last year, and they are relying on two transfers and a 4* recruit.

I just dont see it. If that is what Kentucky returned, we wouldn't even be on the honorable mentions.

Tennessee, another head scratcher... Ziegler is rehabbing a torn ACL and is slated to come back late Fall. They return Vescovi and JJJ (meh), lose nearly 40% of their starting minutes last year, and they are relying on two transfers and a 4* recruit.

I just dont see it. If that is what Kentucky returned, we wouldn't even be on the honorable mentions.
They’ll be like every other Barnes coached teams. Win 22-25 games, be really good defensively but not great offensively. They will play half court fist fight type games and lose in the round of 32 to a team that spreads the floor and and can really shoot it

Supposedly he's been running the team in practice. Maybe a torn ACL is easier to recover from than foot surgery.

Supposedly he's been running the team in practice. Maybe a torn ACL is easier to recover from than foot surgery.

Yeah that may be true. He might be fine. But still a lot of questions. Will he be eased into it, minutes cap, lead managed, reinjury..

I also am surprised that Zakai kind of didn't progress the way I thought he would. He was a menace as a freshman and was a big reason we lost those last Tenn games before losing to St. Peter's. I remember saying "Ziegler is the type of player who will torment UK for 5 years.."

Don't think he's taken that step forward yet, though.

Aren’t we relying on a transfer and a bunch of high school recruits ?

Aren’t we relying on a transfer and a bunch of high school recruits ?

We're "relying" on 5 (five!) recruits ranked higher than Tennessee's highest recruit, all of ours are 5* talents, along with a 7-2 unranked projected 2nd round draft pick.

We also have our own impact transfer in Tre Mitchell, who might not be on Dickinsons level, but sure is on the level of any of other Kansas incoming transfers.

There's a big difference between what we have coming in compared to what Tennessee has.. but I guess Vescovi really moves the needle for them lmfao.

.. oh and, we also didn't lose any players due to police charges.

Last edited:
Zeigler, Vescovi, James - Also they are returning Mashack, Aidoo, and Awaka, who are decent role/bench options. Aidoo certainly has more expirience than, say, Onyenso, same with Mashack vs. Thiero... also a couple of 4-stars that actually redshirted last year in Jefferson and Dillione. They have Knecht coming in and a few mid-level 4-stars. I don't mind them being ranked where they are.

I don't understand Tennessee that high. I kinda get us in the teens. Maybe a Tennessee fan can enlighten us more? Didn't they lose somebody important this summer? A big time transfer went elsewhere?

I don't understand Tennessee that high. I kinda get us in the teens. Maybe a Tennessee fan can enlighten us more? Didn't they lose somebody important this summer? A big time transfer went elsewhere?
They lost Chris Ledlum, 18.8ppg from Harvard. Ouch.
I researched it quick.

Zeigler, Vescovi, James - Also they are returning Mashack, Aidoo, and Awaka, who are decent role/bench options. Aidoo certainly has more expirience than, say, Onyenso, same with Mashack vs. Thiero... also a couple of 4-stars that actually redshirted last year in Jefferson and Dillione. They have Knecht coming in and a few mid-level 4-stars. I don't mind them being ranked where they are.
If they hadn't lost 18.8 ppg Chris Ledlum back to the portal I would agree.

How the F is Vescovi still playing?

Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT