ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Petrino returns to Arkansas

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Bobby Petrino knows what's coming.

He has been called many things over the years, but he is not naive.

The job he's done in resurrecting a moribund Missouri State program and turning the Bears into FCS title contenders speaks for itself. But this week, Petrino's past, and not his present, will be the focus when his team, ranked No. 5 in the latest FCS poll, makes the 120-mile trip to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Petrino is well aware the first thing that pops up when doing a Google search of his name is the picture of him with a battered red face and neck brace after the motorcycle wreck that set off a chain of events leading to his dismissal at Arkansas and turning him into a punchline.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Bobby Petrino knows what's coming.

He has been called many things over the years, but he is not naive.

The job he's done in resurrecting a moribund Missouri State program and turning the Bears into FCS title contenders speaks for itself. But this week, Petrino's past, and not his present, will be the focus when his team, ranked No. 5 in the latest FCS poll, makes the 120-mile trip to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Petrino is well aware the first thing that pops up when doing a Google search of his name is the picture of him with a battered red face and neck brace after the motorcycle wreck that set off a chain of events leading to his dismissal at Arkansas and turning him into a punchline.

Motorcycle ... I thought he was riding a vespa.. seems more like the Vespa type

Wonder how many people show up with homemade neck braces

Wonder how many people show up with homemade neck braces
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Reactions: CGblue
I'd still like to hear the straight poop on that debacle. Something tells me it had something to do with a pissed off boyfriend. Petrino turns up looking like a Walking Dead extra and Dorrell with not a scratch?

For a wreck his girlfriend and motorcycle turned out in good shape. Now the boyfriend of the girl had bruised knuckles and a sore foot from beating on an idiot. I hope this trip goes better for Bobby!

Reactions: CGblue and Girthang
Dude can catch...He's just a just not a model human relatively speaking. He reaps what he sows. He's had more changes than most. He's thrown those chances back in faces of those who trusted him. Hope he gets the laces beat off him. Of course, his players don't deserve that. He sure does. Razorbacks by 35+. Would be more if Sam P. were a scumbag, but he's not. Sam is a good guy, a respectable man. Go Hogs in this one.

I thought Bobby was riding a cheerleader-when did the cycle enter the story lol🤪

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT