ADVERTISEMENT

Bigs need to pump fake...

2Dope15

Senior
Feb 7, 2006
Northern Kentucky
Why doesn't none of our bigs pumpfake when they get the ball downlow. They take it straight up and either get it blocked or throw up a bad shot.

Originally posted by ukwazoo:
We haven't had a pump fake at UK since 1908

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Well, maybe since then but, I wonder why Cal's staff doesn't teach it? Of course UK isn't the only program that has ignored a very basic way of getting to the line. I guess it's gone the way of the bankshot jumper.

I am not a fan of big men pumpfaking especially if they are not good foul shooters. They should be trying to stuff it in the basket. Bringing it down allows little guys to strip it away.

Originally posted by Johnfarrel:
I am not a fan of big men pumpfaking especially if they are not good foul shooters. They should be trying to stuff it in the basket. Bringing it down allows little guys to strip it away.
Precisely. Dakari already get stuffed every time he brings the ball down. He doesn't need a pump fake. He needs springs in his shoes. Love him, but he cannot elevate.

Pump faking would help for sure. Very concerning that our bigs are struggling to finish around the rim...3-14 yesterday from pretty much point blank range. Dakari can't elevate, WCS doesn't have much touch in his post moves...which leaves us with KAT, who I believe is our best post offensive threat (and needs to play heavier minutes).

We see this every year in league play, our bigs are getting shoved with two hands every trip down the court. It especially effects WCS, we saw it last year. Agree on the pump fakes, also Dakari need to use his size with a half hook over his left shoulder. Towns is taking too long to collect himself before making his move.

Wow...complete opposite of what they should be doing...

HAHAHAHAHA

they are being way too fancy under the basket.

Just go up and shoot. They added all these pump fake, spins, etc. etc. trying to be fancy. Only to have support defense get set to block the shot.

WCS / KAT's combination of size and athleticism need to stop being so fancy and go up and shoot. That's what they used to do, now they bring the ball down, do a dribble, a spin, get around a player only to get blocked by support.

See Anthony Davis for example. Baseline semi hook shot. Quick shot... Keep doing that until defense overly try to defend it...at which point you add the pump fake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT