ADVERTISEMENT

Best linebacker in the state

shelbycatfan

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2003
Michael Brooks at Collins in Shelbyville, averaging over 16 tackles a game. He reminds me of Wesley Woodyard has a nose for the ball.

I know Michael very well. My son is good buddies with him and I coached him two different times on basketball AAU teams. Michael has had a grown Man`s strength since he was in 7th grade. When he gets a couple of years in a college weigh room look out. I have emailed EKU /WKU / Murray St. / Campelsville and Lydnsey Wilson prior to the season. I think he has flown under the radar because his doesnt have burner speed(around 4.6), and is a little short 6 foot. Make no mistake about this this kid is a player and a competitor and will make some coach somewhere happy. He is also a great kid. His Father was runner up to Tim Couch for Mr. Football in Kentucky when he was in high school. I am huge fan of the kid and it wouldnt surprise me to see him in the NFL one day as a Full back at 6-0 240. He is now 6-0 215 and is only 17 years old! I think he is worth a scholly offer from UK due to his nose for the ball. Some kids play fast on the feild but dont run great 40`s. He is one of those kids. He can play for UK, but I bet Joker due to his 40 times wont offer him.

4.6 is good speed for an outside linebacker. that's fast enough to stay with a good deal of receivers, able to close on most backs, and stay stride for strife with every tight end. I'd like to know his shuttle and weight but he sounds really good.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Michael is about 6-0 215-220. I spoke with him while he was preparing for the Tenn/ Kentucky game. He may be closer to 4.7, but I know he is a football player.. I dont know his shuttle times, bu tI think tehse coaches get so caught up in times they dont look at what the kid does on the field..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT