ADVERTISEMENT

Beatles vs The Rolling Stones

TurnipDaBeet

Senior
Oct 18, 2019
America
518BwNYaGuL._AC_.jpg

The Beatles were the first super rock band and worldwide phenomenon. However, the Stones were just as great and lasted much longer (producing hits into the 90s). Also the Stones rocked a bit harder. So Stones for me.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Never understand the comparison. The Beatles were a quartet while the Stones were Mick Jagger and a group of musicians the names of which most people never knew until they were in their 50s. The Beatles were noted for their vocals, lyrics and the blending of voice while the Stones were all about a great lead singer in front of a sensational hard rock band. I like them both but I listen to a lot more of the Beatles especially the earlier stuff.

This is Funny. Having grown up in the Beatles Era it seemed at the time you either had to like the Beatles or the Stones. You couldn't like Both. I was Beatle Fan. As you get older you learn you can Appreciate Both.

Stones, from their beginning to now. and i knew all their names from the first time i saw them.

They are 1 (Stones) and 3 (Beatles)in the greatest rock bands in history. Why compare?

The Beatles broke through barriers because of so much talent and artistry.
I remember watching ED Sullivan show when they were on the first time. My parents went crazy over their long hair.

Reactions: vhcat70
Stones by a mile. Much of the Beatles music, imo, could not be played live, hence the reason they quit touring, or one reason. Stones much better live band. Much of the music the Beatles are revered for has not aged well at all (see Sgt Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour), imo. In today's music world, the two bands would not be in the same genre.

Beatles were revolutionary and a world-wide phenomenon. Stones were/are the better band, imo.

Beatles most likely had larger influence, though.

Never understand the comparison. The Beatles were a quartet while the Stones were Mick Jagger and a group of musicians the names of which most people never knew until they were in their 50s. The Beatles were noted for their vocals, lyrics and the blending of voice while the Stones were all about a great lead singer in front of a sensational hard rock band. I like them both but I listen to a lot more of the Beatles especially the earlier stuff.
Beatles music far superior. Stones better entertainment.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
I've always thought it was funny that rock n roll is American music but the greatest bands of most good rock eras are British.

The Beatles
The Stones
Pink Floyd
The Who
Led Zep
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden

Yes BUT no...

Elvis
Velvet Underground
Bob Dylan
Beach Boys
Buddy Holly
Motown
Phil Spector’s Wall Of Sound
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
The Doors

Elvis - Not a band
Velvet Underground - nowhere as big as the others
Bob Dylan - Not a band
Beach Boys - Fair enough
Buddy Holly - Short career, more popular because of crash
Motown - Record Label
Phil Spector’s Wall Of Sound - producer
Janis Joplin - not a band
Jimi Hendrix - Experience was a band but I'll give ya that
The Doors - I'll take every British band I listed over them

The British “invasion” was just that... HYPE

Outside of Pink Floyd & The Rolling Stones... not much

The Beatles were the first boy band breakup

Get over The Beatles!

Never understood Zeppelin hate, I immediately disregard someone's music critique if they cannot recognize how brilliantly different the genius of those four were as a band.

As to the original question, Stones over the Beatles, but not by much.

Reactions: ShoesSwayedBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT