ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Apparel

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
Anyone have any good places to get some UK baseball themed gear?

The UKBaseball twitter just repped the UKteamshop, but most the stuff on there is just generic UK apparel with Baseball on it instead of some other minor sport. Would like to see if anyone sells anything with a bit more personality.

Also, UK or Nike or whoever is responsible is crazy for not selling the cream jersey.

They have some apparel at the games. I noticed that they had some caps and 9ther apparel at their camps for sale.

They have some apparel at the games. I noticed that they had some caps and 9ther apparel at their camps for sale.

Yea, I think thats mostly the same stuff as in the UKshop.

I've just been around Knoxville and because their baseball team blew up recently I've seen a pretty good number of actual baseball shirts around. One with the Vols script like on their jerseys. Another says Villains in the same script. Just seems like more actually unique options for that team.

Reactions: MAYHOO22
There are multiple replica jersey and game cap options on there. Nike isn't real good about gear options for anything other than MBB/FB, especially if it doesn't think they'll sell a ton of it, at least according to the people who are involved in that kind of thing. Ton of different baseball stuff available at camps though, at least the one my kid went to.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAYHOO22
Yea, I think thats mostly the same stuff as in the UKshop.

I've just been around Knoxville and because their baseball team blew up recently I've seen a pretty good number of actual baseball shirts around. One with the Vols script like on their jerseys. Another says Villains in the same script. Just seems like more actually unique options for that team.
TN have any shirts that says "Choke" in script??

Baseball gear is tough to find and never has been many options. I have 3-4 Nike UK Baseball t shirts that I’ve picked up over the years. Allsports in Fayette Mall used to have a few items. They are out of business now.

You can get some shirts at the games but from my experience the selection has been minimal.

Edit: the UK fan shop in Fayette Mall, down from Dick’s, did have a couple different UK Nike baseball shirts last summer if anyone locally is looking.

There are multiple replica jersey and game gap options on there. Nike isn't real good about gear options for anything other than MBB/FB, especially if it doesn't think they'll sell a ton of it, at least according to the people who are involved in that kind of thing. Ton of different baseball stuff available at camps though, at least the one my kid went to.

Outside of replica jerseys there really isn't anything unique in the UKteamshop. I guess hats, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

All t-shirts and jackets are just cookie cutter styles. Either you can get the same thing in other UK sports, or you can get the same thing for other teams. Nothing is like an actual nod to UK baseball. So, I guess that's more what I was wondering if it was out there... things actually unique to our team. Sometimes some kind of random websites or stores make some stuff.

Would be cool to even just a tshirt with the script Kentucky would be a start. There are some other cool ideas you could also do with baseball unique shirts. Have a nod to Sweet Caroline and to the old Cliff. Someone could work with Williams and get a trademark glasses silhouette shirt. A nod to the rally caps from Keen a few years back. Could have worked with Guilfoil and used that super corner Guilfuel line that UKtwitter loved.

I'm just over here wishful thinking

Alumni Hall in Fayette Mall has had some UK baseball shirts but nothing special. Ive picked up a few things from there. KY Branded also has had some but its very hit and miss.

Reactions: SeanCain
The Twitter handle @UK EQUIPMENT Staff used to have a surplus sale on occasion. I got a jersey, helmet, warm up jacket, and a pair of cleats once. They have not had one for a while now though.

Outside of replica jerseys there really isn't anything unique in the UKteamshop. I guess hats, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

All t-shirts and jackets are just cookie cutter styles. Either you can get the same thing in other UK sports, or you can get the same thing for other teams. Nothing is like an actual nod to UK baseball. So, I guess that's more what I was wondering if it was out there... things actually unique to our team. Sometimes some kind of random websites or stores make some stuff.

Would be cool to even just a tshirt with the script Kentucky would be a start. There are some other cool ideas you could also do with baseball unique shirts. Have a nod to Sweet Caroline and to the old Cliff. Someone could work with Williams and get a trademark glasses silhouette shirt. A nod to the rally caps from Keen a few years back. Could have worked with Guilfoil and used that super corner Guilfuel line that UKtwitter loved.

I'm just over here wishful thinking
I'm with you, I just don't think there is enough demand for these. You, me and 10 others who post here regularly might buy some of those, but I dont think they would be selling thousands or even hundreds of those, so they probably just aren't going to spend the time and energy making them.

There are sites where you can make your own though! Sounds like a good side hustle for you this season!

Reactions: SeanCain
I'm with you, I just don't think there is enough demand for these. You, me and 10 others who post here regularly might buy some of those, but I dont think they would be selling thousands or even hundreds of those, so they probably just aren't going to spend the time and energy making them.

There are sites where you can make your own though! Sounds like a good side hustle for you this season!

I have a couple of the baseball jerseys but Ive never wore them. I would actually like to find a nice case to display a couple of them.

Its funny that we were talking about baseball apparel and I get an email from the UK team store yesterday with "new" softball options. But, just like anything else its nothing unique to softball. The same old tired blue t-shirt and sweatshirt that just has softball written on it.

Its funny that we were talking about baseball apparel and I get an email from the UK team store yesterday with "new" softball options. But, just like anything else its nothing unique to softball. The same old tired blue t-shirt and sweatshirt that just has softball written on it.

Yea, I think the only new thing for baseball was adding the black replica jersey. Maybe some new hat options, but they don't really strike me as unique.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
I got the same email.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
FYI…I was just over at Alumni Hall in Fayette Mall and they had three different UK baseball shirts and two team issue caps. They also have two jerseys, one black and one blue. Dick’s also had the same two jerseys.

Next time they have a camp in the summer check things out. I got the Nike hat and hoodie that was for the players only. Each item has the UK logo in red/white/blue on it.

This university is an absolute disaster at offering gear people actually want. The ONLY way that I've seen to get legit UK baseball gear, as noted above, is at the youth camps and clinics the program puts on a few times a year. The selection still leaves a lot to be desired, but it's better than the more widespread alternatives.

This university is an absolute disaster at offering gear people actually want. The ONLY way that I've seen to get legit UK baseball gear, as noted above, is at the youth camps and clinics the program puts on a few times a year. The selection still leaves a lot to be desired, but it's better than the more widespread alternatives.
I’ve been to several camps and I have been pretty disappointed at the baseball gear selection.

I’ve been to several camps and I have been pretty disappointed at the baseball gear selection.
Yeah it's still not great, but is really the only place to get any of the team-issued hats and shirts, especially in youth sizes. I feel the UKAD and the baseball program are leaving a lot of money on the table.

Yeah it's still not great, but is really the only place to get any of the team-issued hats and shirts, especially in youth sizes. I feel the UKAD and the baseball program are leaving a lot of money on the table.
I can tell you for a fact the kids at UK baseball camp are ready to buy merchandise. Problem I’ve seen first hand is the selection and sizing has been poor. My son and several of his friends went to the camps for a few years and they struggled to get stuff they wanted.

All I've got are generic shirts with UK baseball on them, Idlike an authentic jersey. Also had a sweet Power K cap that got ruined trying to wash it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT