ADVERTISEMENT

Bama

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Six players on that team who get 17+ minutes per game and not a single one of them is a freshman.

Meanwhile we have 6 incoming freshmen.

Thanks Cal

Reactions: Fox2monk
What's interesting is that Oats recruited Boogie Fland, Travis Perry, and Billy Richmond hard-with the latter likely surprising the fans who don't care for Billy at all. 3 guys he wanted in his class and Kentucky landed---so will be interested to see what Cal does with them knowing that the current best coach in the SEC wanted them and would know how to utilize them.

What's interesting is that Oats recruited Boogie Fland, Travis Perry, and Billy Richmond hard-with the latter likely surprising the fans who don't care for Billy at all. 3 guys he wanted in his class and Kentucky landed---so will be interested to see what Cal does with them knowing that the current best coach in the SEC wanted them and would know how to utilize them.
Oats has a fantastic recruiting class coming in and has already gotten a commit from a kid in the portal. Even more interesting is that if you asked the average Bama fan 3 weeks ago “which players do you want to have back?” nobody would have spoken up for Nelson and only a few would be begging for Pringle to return. As a Bama fan I am interested in seeing how heavy Oats goes with freshman moving forward and how hard he goes after kids in the portal. Last years Bama team had two first round draft picks on it and they “failed.” There is a lot of legitimacy now that the 22 year old 3 star from Winthrop is better than the 18 year old 5 star from IMG.

No reason we couldn’t be in the final 4, Bama played just like us. In fact they were a worse version of us. Must be nice to have a coach that makes adjustments. SMH.

Reactions: ukfan041
Oats has a fantastic recruiting class coming in and has already gotten a commit from a kid in the portal. Even more interesting is that if you asked the average Bama fan 3 weeks ago “which players do you want to have back?” nobody would have spoken up for Nelson and only a few would be begging for Pringle to return. As a Bama fan I am interested in seeing how heavy Oats goes with freshman moving forward and how hard he goes after kids in the portal. Last years Bama team had two first round draft picks on it and they “failed.” There is a lot of legitimacy now that the 22 year old 3 star from Winthrop is better than the 18 year old 5 star from IMG.
I still think they came up short because of the off the court stuff and how it was the lead story everywhere. They weren't the same team--still won the SEC/SEC Tournament but just weren't the same due to that crap going on. Depends on the class/type of player too.

You want a healthy mix and most talent/fits you can get on the roster. I love Sherrell and Reid for how Bama plays. Fland would've been perfect for them and as a UK fan--excited to have him in Lexington because he's the 1st true PG the program will had in years who is not only competitive but skilled. Consider Reed/Rob combos and the fact Cal played DJ Wagner at point was embarrassing and held this team back.

You look at '25 HS class--I'd want at least 4 of those guys in a HS class. It's a deep class of talented guys. This class? We're seeing UK take too many in everyone's opinion. Now some wouldn't be bad if they were program players-but they all think 1 and done and get to the League because of the sell that UK Staff gives.

I still think they came up short because of the off the court stuff and how it was the lead story everywhere. They weren't the same team--still won the SEC/SEC Tournament but just weren't the same due to that crap going on. Depends on the class/type of player too.

You want a healthy mix and most talent/fits you can get on the roster. I love Sherrell and Reid for how Bama plays. Fland would've been perfect for them and as a UK fan--excited to have him in Lexington because he's the 1st true PG the program will had in years who is not only competitive but skilled. Consider Reed/Rob combos and the fact Cal played DJ Wagner at point was embarrassing and held this team back.

You look at '25 HS class--I'd want at least 4 of those guys in a HS class. It's a deep class of talented guys. This class? We're seeing UK take too many in everyone's opinion. Now some wouldn't be bad if they were program players-but they all think 1 and done and get to the League because of the sell that UK Staff gives.
Yeah it was a huge cloud over the program and possibly had a greater effect on the entire team more than most realize. Nelson and Pringle are nowhere near the ball players that Miller and Clowney were but at the end of the day 5 star freshmen are there for 6 months before entering the draft. Seniors and Grads are fighting and clawing because there truly is no tomorrow for the majority of them.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
The real sad thing is we don't have one of the top 3, maybe 5 best coaches in the SEC. Not country. SEC.
Sad Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT