ADVERTISEMENT

Back from the dead. Katz makes UK #20 in his Power 36 rankings

Public perception will help come tournament time.

UK just doesn’t pass the eye test to me. However, I’m getting old and maybe I just don’t see as well as I used to.
I think it's as much a sign that there aren't many great teams in college basketball as it is a compliment to UK. I've watched a lot of college basketball this season and this UK team could beat any of them on a good day. They could also lose to anyone in the top 50 or 60 on a bad day.

I think it's as much a sign that there aren't many great teams in college basketball as it is a compliment to UK. I've watched a lot of college basketball this season and this UK team could beat any of them on a good day. They could also lose to anyone in the top 50 or 60 on a bad day.
No doubt about it, if we stick with the right guys we could easily make a run, we could also not make the tournament. It’s like that for most teams this year. Almost every team out there has 4-5 losses now.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Katz is more of the in the moment ranker and not a body of work ranker. He has us #20 based on winning 6 out of our last 7 games. That doesn't mean anything when it comes to the bracket seeding or even getting into the tournament I hate to tell you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT