ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody knows Chris Kirchner former Lex native and UK student? He is in some deep ish

I think I read about this a few months ago or it was another former UK student kinda doing the same thing. i saw the date was this week so maybe another story.

The new IRS employees already hard at work.

Well he was also stupid.

What about DB Cooper smartass? Bro is playing and slaying in Honduras to this day.

But for real, most of those people don’t realize how hard it is to disappear and never talk to their family/friends again.

Hell, look at Kentuckians. I’d bet 70% don’t leave the state for more than a few years if that

Reactions: chroix
Tates Creeker.

Kirchner went to Tates Creek High School, according to a prior Herald-Leader story, and attended UK to pursue a degree in marketing and communications but left in 2009 before graduating, Forbes said in a profile last year.

A friend of mine was a parole officer. He was talking about rates of recidivism. The highest, famously, are for sex offenders, but the second highest was for people who kite checks. That made me think that we don't really understand how the mind works and that we really don't have the freedom to act the way we imagine. I imagine someone in the midst of siphoning off 28 million bucks is like a robot. They're watching themselves and there's a little sprite in their heads screaming to stop. (Siphoning is a horrible image, btw. The only use for siphoning that regularly comes to mind are people who siphon gasoline.)

I have been expecting a story like this about Marc Maggard for a few years now? I guess he was smart enough to keep his scams on the down low targeting rubes dumb enough to sit there and take it.

Reactions: awf
A friend of mine was a parole officer. He was talking about rates of recidivism. The highest, famously, are for sex offenders, but the second highest was for people who kite checks. That made me think that we don't really understand how the mind works and that we really don't have the freedom to act the way we imagine. I imagine someone in the midst of siphoning off 28 million bucks is like a robot. They're watching themselves and there's a little sprite in their heads screaming to stop. (Siphoning is a horrible image, btw. The only use for siphoning that regularly comes to mind are people who siphon gasoline.)
I was a PO for years and supervised a sex offender caseload, sex offenders rarely, if ever, re-offend.

This is a once a week occurrence in Miami. Seems like very few can afford the baller lifestyle without some sort of scam propping them up.
It's crazy what people will do to push a lie. It's such an empty life. Hey, commit crime or go into massive debt to give off the image that you're a baller even though you know you're a fraud internally.

Reactions: chroix
This is a little different. He wasn't like skimming money from a company. What he was doing was lying about the revenue of his software to get investors to give him capital to grow. I know because I looked at his software several years ago. It's a real produtct, but the problem is it does the same thing as a bunch of others. It helps companies route and monitor the movement of ocean containers. Congrats - you built a slightly better mousetrap.

In that market, if you get a bunch of clients you'll make like 80% margins on each additional software sale. So for example, each additional $2M in yearly revenue provides his company about $1.6M in profit. And these are all SaaS deals meaning the revenue is recurring yearly. So major players were investing in him because he told them he had millions rolling in already and a healthy pipeline of potential new clients.

In fact, however, he only had a couple of clients, very small revenue, and a tiny pipeline. So they gave him millions, he really had nothing to do with it because it's not like he could really do anything worthwhile with the investment, so he bought a private jet.

To me, this guy had a "fake it til you make it" approach to life combined with no moral compass. I can't imagine the pressure he felt. I hope it gave him an ulcer.

Rock easy, big guy

Kirshner-still2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT