ADVERTISEMENT

Any UK Fan Have Inside Info As To Whether Thiero Plays Against Kansas.

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
Being down our 3 seven foot centers is bad enough but really need the 6’7” height and 225 Lbs plus physicality Thiero brings to rebounding and attacking the rim. Any fan have any insight as to whether he will be playing Tuesday night against Kansas?

He either will or he won’t. Unless for gambling purposes why would any KY fan want that disclosed? Less the cheating filth scum bags know in Kansas the better. Dont give a rats ass about the gamblers.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
He should be fine. Brock Purdy was fine on a short week in football.

If Thiero is held out (assuming it's not a bad concussion which it really doesn't seem to be) then I'd speculate Cal is forfeiting this game and possibly giving himself an out if we lose. He could very making this game into a win/win situation. If we lose, it's cause we have 4 injuries, if we win then watch out for UK. I don't think it's a terrible idea either.

If Thiero is held out (assuming it's not a bad concussion which it really doesn't seem to be) then I'd speculate Cal is forfeiting this game and possibly giving himself an out if we lose. He could very making this game into a win/win situation. If we lose, it's cause we have 4 injuries, if we win then watch out for UK. I don't think it's a terrible idea either.
Who knows, he isn't a 5* or projected lottery pick so he probably plays. We have at least one other player ( maybe 2) that should be playing but won't

As if Thiero is the difference between winning or losing lol. Don't buy into this conspiracy crap. Sorry.

Reactions: Zissou87
A good question is will we ever have a roster that is healthy and ready to go anymore. Medical care has grown by leaps and bounds, and Kentucky has the best of everything, but there is always something wrong with not one but several of our players nowadays. Four players down as of the last game, we are not going to win many games unless we can get people back on the floor.

A good question is will we ever have a roster that is healthy and ready to go anymore. Medical care has grown by leaps and bounds, and Kentucky has the best of everything, but there is always something wrong with not one but several of our players nowadays. Four players down as of the last game, we are not going to win many games unless we can get people back on the floor.
Pop Quiz with No Correct Answer

How many people who are so dismissive about players recovering slowly from injuries were casual-to-caustic about wearing masks during COVID? Is not caring about someone else's health part of a syndrome?

As if Thiero is the difference between winning or losing lol. Don't buy into this conspiracy crap. Sorry.
Lol that might be the case if we didn’t already have 3 front court players out. However, we are down to basically Mitchell and Burks if Thiero doesn’t play. Burks is a very undersized front court guy and probably won’t give us much as far as rebounding is concerned.

A healthy Thiero is a big deal in a game against a quality opponent. Many people that believe they’re the clear cut #1 team. I’m not on of those people, however. I think they’re very overrated. In any event, we need to neutralize their size advantage best we can. A healthy Thiero would be conducive to doing that.

If he doesn't play, we'll be beaten like a tied mule...I'd say he could very well be the difference between winning and losing in this game; when all our 7 footers are unavailable. Somebody's got to do the down low dirty work

He's needed when we don't have any centers and are lacking forwards.

Concussion Monday that seemed mild at worst, he should be able to play the following Tuesday after recovery work and rest. That doesn't mean it didn't turn out to be a severe concussion and he needs more time, that's certainly a possibility.

But we need him simply for a big body.

Cal isn't dumb. Maybe he's doing this so he can get a look at how Kansas plays without giving them a real look at who we are. He certainly doesn't seem to care all that much about November games.

But I still think Thiero likely plays, because again it was over a week ago.

Lol that might be the case if we didn’t already have 3 front court players out. However, we are down to basically Mitchell and Burks if Thiero doesn’t play. Burks is a very undersized front court guy and probably won’t give us much as far as rebounding is concerned.

A healthy Thiero is a big deal in a game against a quality opponent. Many people that believe they’re the clear cut #1 team. I’m not on of those people, however. I think they’re very overrated. In any event, we need to neutralize their size advantage best we can. A healthy Thiero would be conducive to doing that.
Agreed- Thiero is definitely needed in this matchup and should match perfect with KJ Adams leaping ability

Reactions: BlueWhite21
It would be classic UK for him not to play. NFL players are back out there sooner than a UK basketball player in concussion protocol.

If he doesn't play, we'll be beaten like a tied mule...I'd say he could very well be the difference between winning and losing in this game; when all our 7 footers are unavailable. Somebody's got to do the down low dirty work

Sorry, to be clearer, we aren't winning the game even if he plays. We need centers in a game like this. He will perhaps lessen the final margin of defeat if you guys are into moral victories.

Sorry, to be clearer, we aren't winning the game even if he plays. We need centers in a game like this. He will perhaps lessen the final margin of defeat if you guys are into moral victories.
I disagree w/ no chance. We'll need to avoid foul trouble, but this isn't an unwinnable game, even w/out our bigs. If shots are dropping our small ball line-up can be hard to deal with.

This is a very unfair take. You say it "doesn't seem to be" a bad concussion. How do you know that? I hope it is not and hope he plays, but concussions are much more serious than sports fans appreciate. One concussion can keep you messed up your entire life. I've done work with the brain injury association of Kentucky. Check out their website. One knock on the head can cause a person to be messed up their entire life.

Thiero is needed as KU will pound it in low and try to get the only other 2 bigs we have in foul trouble. I predict Burks or Mitchell or both will have 2 fouls in first half, if they do with no Thiero we are in a world of hurt. I promise you a game against Bill Self matters to Cal, no matter what he says
I'm not sure when games matter to Cal.(just draft picks)

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Pop Quiz with No Correct Answer

How many people who are so dismissive about players recovering slowly from injuries were casual-to-caustic about wearing masks during COVID? Is not caring about someone else's health part of a syndrome?

Zero correlation.

Those people were the only ones with a brain. You still haven’t figured out I see.

Zero correlation.

Those people were the only ones with a brain. You still haven’t figured out I see.
Covidiots can't do anything but double down on the derp. Otherwise they have to face the fact that they helped destroy our economy and MILLIONS of lives over a #$@^ing cold.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
November games....since when did those matter to Cal or his brigade.
Have you been sleeping for several years? The games don't matter to Cal. That's why I've wanted him gone for a long time. I can't believe there are people out there who still think he's actually trying to win games.

And just so I'm clear, there's a difference between wanting to win games and trying to win them. Cal doesn't try. Not really.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT