ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance we get any of the 2024 team back?

Even if they want to come back or can come back, I don't want either one. We already have better players than DJ coming in and as far as Thiero, if he is that stupid (How Cal misused him last season, but he STILL would possibly want to follow him to Arkansas) then I would worry about him even trying to cross the street without getting hit by a car. 🤣🤣🤣

It's time to move on just like they have. If they don't want to be here, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. Pope has found better and experienced players in the portal. I'm ready to move on with the clean break from the Calipari Era and let Pope build the team how he sees fit with the players out there to fit his system.

The only players I wanted had no chance at returning whatsoever like Reed. Z has the potential and skillset but this team needed grown men in the post to handle the physicality of the SEC. Not get bulled over like last year's bunch. Thiero would have been nice but a 7 & 5 glue guy can be replaced. Not going to make or break this team. Assuming Pope lands at least 1 of Robinson, Lanier, Richmond>Thiero at the 3. Happy with the options Pope has brought it so far and still in the mix for.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Draft turns out to be a flop and they come back. home??
Of all our 2024 team that was eligible to return for next year's team. Excluding Rob Dillingham & Reed Sheppard who did the right thing by entering the draft because they're both going to be Top-10 picks. The only one that I really wanted back was Big Z. In Mark Pope's offensive system Big Z would have been an All-American. And I would have taken Thiero back, but other than that let the rest of them hit the dusty trail.

I'm not sure I want any of them back anyway. I think the program needed a complete purging.

Reed is the only exception, obviously, but he's gone.

Bring in Poplar, Robinson, and a backup stretch 4 and we're set.

We see this season an answer to is a bunch of 4/5th year good role players better than a bunch of 5 star freshman.

This is what you must understand. The difference in Cal’s practices and CMP’s practices are this. Cal’s practices are built so our kids are more successful in NBA combines than in College team atmosphere and CMP is the opposite so the answer is no. Not a chance unless you have a Kentucky boy who has a heart.

Go Cats!

Reactions: Montana81
Wagner and Thiero are the only ones we have a remote chance of getting back, and I would put each less than 5%. Pope needs to plan as if none are returning and look to fill the roster elsewhere.

I don’t think he wants any of them back. Reed might have been the only one. I think given some of his comments since taking the job it’s clear he had paid attention to what had been going on here and wasn’t happy with it and now he is determined to reset the culture.

That means purging the program of any leftover remnants from the fail and bail era.

Also while DJ and Thiero are not bad players, and i’d even be willing to take Thiero and gamble that he can improve his outside shot because of everything else he does well, players that cant shout and aren’t centers are not very sought after in basketball right now. You gotta get guys that can shoot it now days.

Im kind of wondering if Thiero is finding that out the hard way and that’s why he’s groveling back to Cal after maybe not getting offered what he thought he would elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT