ADVERTISEMENT

All sports are rigged.

mbc82584

Junior
Jun 11, 2006
Why is it that Tim Donaghy, famous NBA ref, got laughed off after prison and writing his tell-all book, and then we just accept no one else ever did exactly what he admitted doing?

There has never been a single college official cited out for gambling and cheating games. Not one.

Are we expected to believe that officials are of such high moral integrity, especially in this day of you can place a bet anywhere anytime, that they are just happy with their 1-3k per game and would NEVER seek out 1000x the money if it can’t be tracked?

The ignorance has ruined sports for me.

im not surprised by a conspiracy but you cant believe it without facts.

nil is also molding how players perform in college.

He set a moving pick, leg was out.
Thread fail
Oscar probably got fouled on the play before that and they swallowed the whistle. Probably should of swallowed it there too. I thought Michigan St. got a very favorable whistle tonight. The blow it dead for the injured player 90 feet away never happens unless the play on the other end just comes to a halt and this wasn't the case. That was a huge call. Still shouldn't of loss though. Cal offense just about as hard to watch as Stoops.

Reactions: mbc82584
Were the refs responsible for subbing Wallace in the 1st half when he had just sparked a run?
Were the refs responsible for no sets to get Fredrick looks, while Izzo got Hauser numerous looks?
Were the refs responsible for UK having no in-bounds plays again this year?
Were the refs responsible for horrible scouting of MSU in-bounds plays?

im not surprised by a conspiracy but you cant believe it without facts.

nil is also molding how players perform in college.

I’ll give you a fact— no college referee has ever been outright accused, investigated, or convicted of point shaving or rigging games. So either you have to believe they’re all pristine or you believe there’s something else going on.

Reactions: UKAlum84
Why is it that Tim Donaghy, famous NBA ref, got laughed off after prison and writing his tell-all book, and then we just accept no one else ever did exactly what he admitted doing?

There has never been a single college official cited out for gambling and cheating games. Not one.

Are we expected to believe that officials are of such high moral integrity, especially in this day of you can place a bet anywhere anytime, that they are just happy with their 1-3k per game and would NEVER seek out 1000x the money if it can’t be tracked?

The ignorance has ruined sports for me.
Stop the steal! Oh, brother. SMH.

Were the refs responsible for subbing Wallace in the 1st half when he had just sparked a run?
Were the refs responsible for no sets to get Fredrick looks, while Izzo got Hauser numerous looks?
Were the refs responsible for UK having no in-bounds plays again this year?
Were the refs responsible for horrible scouting of MSU in-bounds plays?
Refs weren’t responsible for any of that except substitutions as a result of fouls.

Doesn’t change the fact that college refs have always been above reproach. And in the era of you can gamble so easily, why would at least some not decide to 200x their income for something that will never be scrutinized?

Tim Donaghy gave the map he used, and were expected to believe no one else in the history of sports ever did it again.

I’ll give you a fact— no college referee has ever been outright accused, investigated, or convicted of point shaving or rigging games. So either you have to believe they’re all pristine or you believe there’s something else going on.
But your inference is they all are on the take which is out there. UK simply was not prepared. Cal still trying to simply out athlete teams to wins.

We gotta hit free throws and not make defense lapses.

With that said: Courtney Green is awful. Big10 fans hate him, he pulls nonsense out of his hat. Go watch the rutgers/Iowa finish last year where he called sliding your feet on defense a foul at the very end on a one point gane afyer it was physical the entire game. There was a sequence where he missed 3 calls in a row. Outbounds on State, gave it to them, petty foul on a steal by Oscar, then swallowed whistle on foul on Oscar. Theres no telling what state fans were screaming at him bc I obviously disregarded it when it was happening to them.

The bald guy Brian Dorsey is good. And Oglesby is of UNC/zaga worst championship game history fame.

I dont necessarily think it's rigged, I just think it's too much of a good ole boy network to them to actually be held accountable or improve. If you're considered good enough to referee a Marquee game or ncaa tourney, why do they care about anything else.

Who else tuned in to see the best player in college basketball foul out and not be able to decide the game? All bc common sense is hard...when a 5'11 160 lb hobbit runs into a 6'8 rock its unfathomable I suppose that the smaller of the 2 would fall.

The refs sucked but on both ends really. If you want to point to something, point to them hitting free throws when they were ahead and we didn’t. Then look over to the bench with the nonsensical rotations and crappy end game coaching. I think the game has passed Cal by. I hate it but it is what it is. The only way he wins anything big is with a class he has coming next year, but then we have to endure through early losses and the sob story of we are young. So tiresome.

Kentucky will always get an awful whistle. That's why you have to use depth and athleticism that you can get here like nowhere else to absolutely stomp the other team into submission. USE YOUR FOULS that are going to get called regardless. FORCE TEMPO.

Cal is an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT