ADVERTISEMENT

All of the people

merrimanm

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
That are giving us no chance and pretty much making fun of the team and the situation, will be the first ones to come on this board if we are losing talking about firing a coach, coaches can't call plays, our recruiting is better and still cant compete, lavk of player development and on and on.

Everyone knows Alabama is going to be a tough task. They are for EVERY team in college football and maybe even a few NFL teams. But we play the game for a reason. We may very well get blown out. But until that happens, I am going to route for our team like we are going to win.

That are giving us no chance and pretty much making fun of the team and the situation, will be the first ones to come on this board if we are losing talking about firing a coach, coaches can't call plays, our recruiting is better and still cant compete, lavk of player development and on and on.

Everyone knows Alabama is going to be a tough task. They are for EVERY team in college football and maybe even a few NFL teams. But we play the game for a reason. We may very well get blown out. But until that happens, I am going to route for our team like we are going to win.

We very like will get routed but you and I will be ROOTING nonetheless.

Reactions: merrimanm
I don't think all the ridicule and belittling of our team by our own fans tastes good,, do I think we will beat Bama, I don't,, do I think our guys will go down there and compete and give their best effort, I think they will.I will be cheering for them and am hoping to see a competitive game!

Reactions: CB3UK and merrimanm
I'll be rooting from Section L, Row 49 at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I already know what is going to happen.

I don't think anyone should gauge anything about our program based on this game as it's not a measuring stick of our talent and staff. Some of us have already seen enough to make our own judgement and we reserve that right as fans, just as you deserve to voice your opinion of support.

Lol, what? You mean some people believe our team who lost to a CUSA team will be embarrassed? I dont think anyone will call for firings with this expected beat down. The better chance is the pumpers calling for extensions if he keeps it within 30.

I mean last time we went on the road vs a weaker opponent in Florida we had players admitting they gave up or didnt try via Jordan Jones.

Heck last season Stoops admitted his team didnt believe they could win vs Georgia.

Until I see the players themselves have a can do attitude vs bigtime opponents, why should we? Honest question.

Some of the same people bashing people for "giving up" or making fun of the situation were the same ones using the "players not being pumped" or "giving their all" as an excuse for why we were beaten by USM.

Lets hold the players playing accountable for this mindset, not people on a message board. Just my respectful opinion.

Many ppl think because posters or fans are critical that they aren't real UK fans..

On the contrary, we are critical because we want better, we care.

Bama may not cover the 35 but they could name the score if they wanted to. I hope I'm wrong, nothing I would love more than for us to go pull the upset. Literally, I would love nothing more. I long for the day we could actually go into this game thinking we could beat Alabama

Buffalo, it's one thing to be critical, but another to root for UK to lose so they will get rid of a coach or AD. I feel every fan of UK should pull for the team, and the hiring and firing will take care of itself. I could never root for the team to lose. I respect the players who come to UK , to much for that BS.

Many ppl think because posters or fans are critical that they aren't real UK fans..

On the contrary, we are critical because we want better, we care.

Bama may not cover the 35 but they could name the score if they wanted to. I hope I'm wrong, nothing I would love more than for us to go pull the upset. Literally, I would love nothing more. I long for the day we could actually go into this game thinking we could beat Alabama
Merriman is the epitome of this. The hardest of core stoops apologist. He thinks as if it's not ok for some of us to realize we suck and if we do we're not real fans. Some of us just realized we sucked sooner than others (I realized this the first day after UL game). We suck, we want better, we DESERVE better. And this is the coach we have? Puh.... Spare me.

Reactions: MulletCat
I asked my dad one time how he handled the stress of war? He laughed and said fire up a joint and laugh when the next bullitt cracked by your head.

If you take it too serious especially following a team that has been a basement dweller for 40 years you will go crazy and this is what most guys do is make fun of stuff. So chill out.

I think this game people will see why it would be better to have Barker than Stephen Johnson.
Possibly. Though Alabama has struggled against QBs that can run like Johnson. My guess is Gran will design some more QB runs than usual for this game.

I'm certainly not all in on stoops at this point, but I always think it's hilarious when fans spin a f@$&ing win into a knock on the team/coach. "We only beat South Carolina?!?!"

Reactions: merrimanm
I'm certainly not all in on stoops at this point, but I always think it's hilarious when fans spin a f@$&ing win into a knock on the team/coach. "We only beat South Carolina?!?!"
Lol @ this guy. Yes. We did just only beat SC in something I called before the game, a battle for worst team in the SEC. A team in which went 3-9 and is now in its first season with maybe one of the worst coaches in the game of football (stoops in 4th year BARELY beat Muschamp in 1st year with a horrible team), Which is what it was. I get it. Any SEC win is a good win for us. But let's win more than one or 2 league games for once please? Especially against one of the VERY FEW teams, worse than us. Bragging about beating SC these days is as bad as bragging about beating vandy. So yes, it was just south freaking carolina, a dumpster fire. Spin it into a great big time win all you want, but don't try and force us to echo that nonsense.

Last edited:

This! Anyboday who believes Bama could beat or even hang with the worst of the NFL is seriously delusional! Or a basketball fan....whichever comes first!

This might mean something coming from someone else . But you're such a Stoops apologist, nobody pays attention .

Some of you have a problem seeming to separate the fact that many of us can come on here, criticize the performance of the staff thus far, and still root for them to turn it around and win. James Franklin went 25-14 in only 3 seasons at Vanderbilt including two 9 win seasons after an initial 6-7 season. I guess he just inherited that consistently well stocked Commodore cupboard. Missouri, a perennial Big 12 mediocre, came in and won the SEC East twice their first two years. That's called taking advantage and solid coaching. Fact is the East is worse this year than it was any if thise years and if we don't take advantage this year then that is a damning indictment on this staff who has had a much bigger head start than they did.

Lol, what? You mean some people believe our team who lost to a CUSA team will be embarrassed? I dont think anyone will call for firings with this expected beat down. The better chance is the pumpers calling for extensions if he keeps it within 30.

I mean last time we went on the road vs a weaker opponent in Florida we had players admitting they gave up or didnt try via Jordan Jones.

Heck last season Stoops admitted his team didnt believe they could win vs Georgia.

Until I see the players themselves have a can do attitude vs bigtime opponents, why should we? Honest question.

Some of the same people bashing people for "giving up" or making fun of the situation were the same ones using the "players not being pumped" or "giving their all" as an excuse for why we were beaten by USM.

Lets hold the players playing accountable for this mindset, not people on a message board. Just my respectful opinion.
Actually, I have been blasted for saying hold the players accountable and they shoulder much of the blame for the failures this far. But setting here and piling on the situation at hand doesn't help. The task is already hard enough. Then, to top it off, this message board will be in melt down unless we win.

Possibly. Though Alabama has struggled against QBs that can run like Johnson. My guess is Gran will design some more QB runs than usual for this game.
I hope not, his build versus that defense is worrisome especially since he kinda too fearless.

Prediction though, someone on sunday will post something about how well our young guys looks against their young guys at the end of the game with it out hand.

I'm just thankful the players aren't like some of the fans on here. Can you imagine if the team had packed it in after Florida and said "fck it, we suck". Thankfully the young MEN on the team aren't quitters.

I'll give my opinion on the team, and direction of the program at the close of the season.

Reactions: Rifleman521
Why can't they?
Seriously? Alot of bama players get drafted, but alot don't.....of the ones that get drafted, not all pan out. So put bama up against a full team of picks that did pan out and you have prospects vs provens....not to mention the speed of the game.....seriously?

Seriously? Alot of bama players get drafted, but alot don't.....of the ones that get drafted, not all pan out. So put bama up against a full team of picks that did pan out and you have prospects vs provens....not to mention the speed of the game.....seriously?
Ha!! I am glad you put it that way.

According to this board all you have to do is "coach em up". Who cares that teams we play generally have far better recruiting classes and get on the field by proving they belong due to the fact that they get a couple of years to develop in most cases. Unlike our kids who are counted on to play immediately.
And some blame the coach when players "don't pan out", instead of realiasing that not every talented kid can cut due to the intangibles of the task at hand, that can't be observed until they are here. So if Saban cant "coach up" his team of many draft picks to play ate the level of bad NFL teams, then why should Stoops be expected to do that against teams like UF, UT, UGA who have had many more classes of high talent compared.to his?

Bama's talent is much closer to a poor NFL team that UKs is to Bama, Uf, UT, and UGA.

Reactions: shutzhund
I hope not, his build versus that defense is worrisome especially since he kinda too fearless.

Prediction though, someone on sunday will post something about how well our young guys looks against their young guys at the end of the game with it out hand.
Incorporate some trickery! The "Fumblerooskie", "Statue of Liberty", "Flea Flickr".....On the other hand, OL could stop giving the play away by putting their hand in the dirt on run plays and standing upright on pass plays....mix it up for God sakes.....

I don't think all the ridicule and belittling of our team by our own fans tastes good,, do I think we will beat Bama, I don't,, do I think our guys will go down there and compete and give their best effort, I think they will.I will be cheering for them and am hoping to see a competitive game!
^^^^^^^
Agree'

Some may disagree but here's the way I look at it. It's not gunna work out for Stoops here. I know it, you know it. The only people who don't know it are the hardcore Stoops apologist. The same people that are actually ok with him returning with 4/5 wins. Let's face the facts. Stoops hasn't made any progress since year two. The talent level was so depleted that the first amount of SEC talent that he brought in boosted the team to win 3 additional games. It wasn't coaching, it was pure talent that he brought in that boosted his win total. And I'll give him credit for bringing in that talent. But it's year 4 now, and progress has screeched to a halt. Those same talented freshman and sophomores that we saw three years ago are largely the same players that they back then (talent wise). Will I ever root for my Cats to lose? Hell no. But I'm not gunna cry when they lose, either. The inevitable is coming in a couple months and I know it can't get any worse (coaching wise) givin the talent we have on this roster. So when they lose its easy to get over by thinking of the future. We have all these new amazing resources at our disposal now, so with a coach (who is actually a good coach) the future will be great. We'll never be Alabama, but we can be competitive with 7-8 wins a year. Maybe more, who knows.

Ha!! I am glad you put it that way.

According to this board all you have to do is "coach em up". Who cares that teams we play generally have far better recruiting classes and get on the field by proving they belong due to the fact that they get a couple of years to develop in most cases. Unlike our kids who are counted on to play immediately.
And some blame the coach when players "don't pan out", instead of realiasing that not every talented kid can cut due to the intangibles of the task at hand, that can't be observed until they are here. So if Saban cant "coach up" his team of many draft picks to play ate the level of bad NFL teams, then why should Stoops be expected to do that against teams like UF, UT, UGA who have had many more classes of high talent compared.to his?

Bama's talent is much closer to a poor NFL team that UKs is to Bama, Uf, UT, and UGA.
Agreed....but as I've said on here many times, Stoops wanted badly to run a 3/4. UK does not have the talent to run a 3/4 D. Leave the 3/4 to the pro's and stick with what these kids grew up playing.....4/3. And he did vs Carolina for the most part and they looked light years better!

Reactions: allabouttheUK
Agreed....but as I've said on here many times, Stoops wanted badly to run a 3/4. UK does not have the talent to run a 3/4 D. Leave the 3/4 to the pro's and stick with what these kids grew up playing.....4/3. And he did vs Carolina for the most part and they looked light years better!

I know all the blame falls on the HC for not making adjustments to the staff when need be, but is it just a coincidence that the defense looks vastly improved? Is it also a coincidence that we are running more 4-3 with Stoops running the defense?

I know all the blame falls on the HC for not making adjustments to the staff when need be, but is it just a coincidence that the defense looks vastly improved? Is it also a coincidence that we are running more 4-3 with Stoops running the defense?
No coincidence.....Stoops has taken over the D. I also believe Matt House is involved in the front 7 as well, and will probably be promoted to DC at some point. House was DC at FIU and has NFL experience. Eliot, not sure what if any experience he had other than LB's at FSU with Stoops.

Reactions: allabouttheUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT