ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama's Burnett into portal

I for one hope Calipari never takes another transfer guard in the history of the University of Kentucky. Ain't none of them done nothing but lose.

Transfer power forwards and centers are okay though in my book.

Small forwards? Coach CCC shouldn't even be allowed to be involved in a recruitment of small forwards cuz he has no idea what he's doing.

And let me tell you something else that I learned about John Calipari while I'm at it. This son of a bitch in 1996 had a chance draft Kobe Bryant to the New Jersey nets. He was even on the draft show while they were doing the deals. Even was asked about Kobe Bryant.
But what did John Calipari do? The man with the keys to the New Jersey nets John Calipari drafted Kerry Kittles.💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

He already transferred from Texas Tech to Alabama after the 2021 season, so won’t he have to sit out a year this time, or am I missing something? Hard to keep up with all these transfer exceptions.

Reactions: G-PIP
He already transferred from Texas Tech to Alabama after the 2021 season, so won’t he have to sit out a year this time, or am I missing something? Hard to keep up with all these transfer exceptions.

He played for Tech in 20/21. Then tore his ACL in 21/22 and sat out. So I don't think he used his *immediate* transfer yet. I don't know for sure though.

He played for Tech in 20/21. Then tore his ACL in 21/22 and sat out. So I don't think he used his *immediate* transfer yet. I don't know for sure though.
That hadn’t occurred to me that sitting out with an injury could count as his transfer not being immediate, but that just about has to be it unless he managed to graduate in 3 years, which I’m not aware of happening.

Unless he needs to transfer immediately for his mental health, this excuse will be played out forever. Can’t really disprove mental health issues, so they will get immediate eligibility

Reactions: Fox2monk
Do you think these players are transferring just to get more NIL money ?
Seems quite naïve to even ask this question.

YES, of course a ton of them are. That’s the nature of CBB in this new transfer portal and NIL era. The end of every season from now on will bring us a deluge of these de facto free agents looking for the bigger better $ deal.

Hell, just look at the example of Nijel Pack. He admitted that money’s why he decided to transfer last year, and chose Miami only because that’s where he was offered the most. And just a few months later, he’s got Miami in their first ever final four. Turned out to be money VERY well spent.

You can be assured there’s a ton of boosters out there right now looking to buy next year’s version of Nijel Pack.

Seems quite naïve to even ask this question.

YES, of course a ton of them are. That’s the nature of CBB in this new transfer portal and NIL era. The end of every season from now on will bring us a deluge of these de facto free agents looking for the bigger better $ deal.

Hell, just look at the example of Nijel Pack. He admitted that money’s why he decided to transfer last year, and chose Miami only because that’s where he was offered the most. And just a few months later, he’s got Miami in their first ever final four. Turned out to be money VERY well spent.

You can be assured there’s a ton of boosters out there right now looking to buy next year’s version of Nijel Pack.
Of course I knew that was the reason for players transferring . Just wanted to see some thoughts on this. No reason to reply with the answer of "naive" this is what is wrong with the world today people just want to put others down . SAD

I for one hope Calipari never takes another transfer guard in the history of the University of Kentucky. Ain't none of them done nothing but lose.

Transfer power forwards and centers are okay though in my book.

Small forwards? Coach CCC shouldn't even be allowed to be involved in a recruitment of small forwards cuz he has no idea what he's doing.

And let me tell you something else that I learned about John Calipari while I'm at it. This son of a bitch in 1996 had a chance draft Kobe Bryant to the New Jersey nets. He was even on the draft show while they were doing the deals. Even was asked about Kobe Bryant.
But what did John Calipari do? The man with the keys to the New Jersey nets John Calipari drafted Kerry Kittles.💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️
Grady was very good until he got injured. He was money!
Actually ThRee-ves was pretty good too. No more streaky than all-American Miller at Bama.

But the portal is NOT the place to find star players, it is the place to find complementary pieces, to find guys to fill holes in your roster. You should already have your top 3 guys, before you add any transfers.

Reactions: Allcats08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT