ADVERTISEMENT

After two post season games and SEC tourney

gamalielkid

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2002
I think the last 5 tournament games has shown the true character and readiness of several of our players to put their names in the draft and expect to do well. Overall, I think the Harrison twins are playing better, Lyles has moved himself up, but he seems to be getting a lot of shots blocked, concerned about his jumping ability - but he is going to be good in the pros - no question. Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee are definitely not ready. Dakari probably needs to stay at least one more year to get himself ready for the NBA. Marcus has great potential, but needs more seasoning.

Finally, Devin Booker, I have felt he needed to come back all year - I love his play and he has had some good games - but he definitely shows he needs more seasoning based on these games. I think the teammates he is surrounded with has helped his stock tremendously, Devin hasn't quit when his shot is off, but I felt like he became timid shooting and passing up some shots he had taken the last few games. That is normal and I think he felt he "wasn't on". Great team mate - but if he comes back he would be a lot stronger to be a higher pick next year.

Of course with 4 games (hopefully) to go, things and perception can change for most of these guys. Coach Cal will give these guys and honest appraisal and then let the players and families decide- but players coming back that people thought were gone last year has benefited ALL of them. Some may not be drafted as high as they thought - but all will go higher than a year ago and are definitely more ready for their basketball futures. Never hurst to have a good final season on their resumes!

Bottomline, Aaron, Andrew, Willie, and Karl are ready. Trey can/should probably go pro now. I think that Devin, Dakari, Marcus, Tyler and Alex should return to improve their draft stock and of course make another run next year.

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.