ADVERTISEMENT

Adou is entering the portal

Could be true... does it mean the NIL fiasco has some legs?
That was Cal's responsibility.

I think if no coaching change, Mitch should make NIL management a AD-dept thing, and have a fully dedicated person managing that across all UK sports. OR if needs more than 1 person, have 1 for football, 1 for basketball, and 1 for the rest.

Reactions: bballcat4
I gotta imagine this breaks the ice a bit. Wouldn’t be surprised if Burks or Bradshaw followed with their announcements sooner than later.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I'm fairly certain that losing your toughest player is not a good way to become more physical.
We gotta get back to who we are.

We have to have toughness. We have to be rebounding the ball. We got guys that haven't been physical. We got to be physical.

Kentucky isn't for everybody.

Me and Mitch talk all the time. We love each other. We're married.

There's a standard at this place.

Did I miss any of the lies/talking points? Cal is car Salesman that can't even sell to the guys he has now.

I don't get this one. Why would a guy who played that many minutes want to leave? And his dad played for Calipari. Literally no one is safe in the system.
I’m sure most on this board will conveniently forget how terrible he was treated while he was injured. Cal could certainly put some of that to bed by being more clear about what is happening with injuries, but that isn’t always possible. Either way, that’s a real blow.

If you can't earn playing time here and there's no personal development of players by the staff to speak of, why would anyone stay? The goal is get the new freshman as high into the draft as possible, so if a player doesn't fall into that category, there's no reason to stay.

Would love Adou back , but it’s not like he is irreplaceable in the transfer portal. Tough guys that averaged seven or eight last year are going to be out there. It’s interesting some services list him as a guard, so maybe that’s why he wants to play somewhere else . The guy simply is not a two, he’s more like a four. If he could get good at a 2 , NBA would salivate, tho .

I don't get this one. Why would a guy who played that many minutes want to leave? And his dad played for Calipari. Literally no one is safe in the system.
Staying apparently didn't have anything to do with how many minutes he got. After Cal admitted that he played his draft picks over others in order to protect their feelings, the writing was on the wall.

Thiero is a good player that I think will be a great player before leaving college.

It will be interesting to see if he returns to UK. Unfortunately, I think entering the portal is the best way for the Thiero's of the world to get the most NIL$. This may have everything to do with basketball and nothing to do with money. However, I don't think that's the case (no inside info). Entering the portal causes schools to have to pony up if they want to keep a player.

It's obvious NIL was a trainwreck at UK over the last couple of years. Getting Theiro back is as important as any transfer we could bring in from another school!

Cal made the decision to play a 7-footer for the full 40 minutes and Mitchell was delivering, so Thiero got short-changed on minutes.
I really want him back. I see him as an all-SEC guy next year.
But I wouldn't say he was short changed this past year. I think he mostly played as much as his body and injuries would allow. There were some games where he certainly (I think) could have played more.

But I would say it was more Edwards than playing a 7-footer that might have reduced his minutes.

Well, that's not saying much. I think he's replaceable but that's just my opinion
Are you serious? That's not saying much? Do you understand how important playing the right players together is in basketball? If Cal would've done that and changed NOTHING else, they'd probably still be playing.

Agreed, they're all "replaceable". But to dismiss his value to the 23-24 team is just silly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT