ADVERTISEMENT

96 Cats

nptb

Senior
Jan 26, 2002
Beats this team 10 out of 10 easy. No game would be within 15. If you think otherwise, you've been drinking.

Not too sure if you're serious.
Somebody here has been drinking though, and unless I'm too hammered to remember, it isn't me.
I think you're an angry drunk too. The worst kind.
laugh.r191677.gif

Who cares? It's 2015 now. We've got the #1 team. The 96 Cats were not undefeated. This team is. Until that changes or we lose in the tourney, just try to enjoy this.

Originally posted by mkasten25:
Who cares? It's 2015 now. We've got the #1 team. The 96 Cats were not undefeated. This team is. Until that changes or we lose in the tourney, just try to enjoy this.
To be fair to the 1996 team, both games they lost were to a.) teams they split with that season and b.) teams that made the Final Four.

Originally posted by Seth C:

Originally posted by mkasten25:
To be fair to the 1996 team, both games they lost were to a.) teams they split with that season and b.) teams that made the Final Four.
And one of those 96 losses was to our current coach ... And this team hasn't lost at all
wink.r191677.gif

I don't understand why our fans have such a difficult time supporting our current team instead of bashing it.
The team will get better.
We're 15-0, I mean, jeez.
They need to update Rupp's Rafters to where you can only use Tor to access this forum.
Make it to where it's impossible to find, and only smart people can get to it..

Originally posted by nptb:
Beats this team 10 out of 10 easy. No game would be within 15. If you think otherwise, you've been drinking.
Let's assume you are right. What difference does that make and who cares? Talk about an irrelevant post.

No the team that played UCLA , UNC and Texas ect would beat that team IMO . But yes if we play like we did today we get destroyed. WE have had one bad game ( the ole miss game we played bad D but our O was great ) . WHo cares. We won . and even if we lost we would still go like 38-2 IMO so again who cares...

Oh crap really? i forgot we had to play the 96' team in the championship game at the end of the season...oh wait.
This post was edited on 1/10 7:07 PM by Vossler22

Originally posted by caneintally:
No the team that played UCLA , UNC and Texas ect would beat that team IMO . But yes if we play like we did today we get destroyed. WE have had one bad game ( the ole miss game we played bad D but our O was great ) . WHo cares. We won . and even if we lost we would still go like 38-2 IMO so again who cares...
How many NBA players are on this season's UCLA, UNC and Texas teams? The point I was making is for people to stop trying to compare the teams because there isn't one, even if this squad goes undefeated, which I hope they do.

The 96 squad would shoot this team out of the gym.

How many NBA players are on this season's UCLA, UNC and Texas teams? The point I was making is for people to stop trying to compare the teams because there isn't one, even if this squad goes undefeated, which I hope they do.

Hard to believe that you pay money to post such ignorant remarks on a free forum.

UCLA has one NBA player, possibly two.

UNC probably has at least three NBA players, possibly as many as five.

Texas has potentially four NBA players, and certainly at least one lottery pick.

Aside from UCLA, those teams aren't destitute of real talent.

How did you know I was drinking?

If the '96 team beat this team 10 out of 10 times, can you imagine how good this team would be? Because only when you loose, can you improve. Wow, we could really use 10 looses!!! Ten Loss Tubby, where are you when we need you?

This post was edited on 1/10 10:47 PM by Rondoed

I understand the feelings of the original poster. People on this forum and many media types have acted like this is the greatest team ever...they are good but the 96 team stomps a mudhole in their a$$.

In 96 they had 1 single digit win in the sec regular season. I think their average margin of victory in SEC play was around 25 points.

no, it doesn't really matter....if you feel butt-hurt about people pointing this out then please move on to another thread. those of us old guys who like to think about these things will continue to discuss it....why, you may ask...because we are crotchety and it makes us feel better.

Yes, the SEC only got 4 teams in the NCAA tournament that year...all 4 made it to the sweet 16 and 2 made it to the final four....honestly, I think losing poythress was a bigger hit for this team than people realize.

I think the platoons made this team awesome and having to drop out of them immediately the last 2 games has made this team beatable. I wish I could send this team back to 96 in a time machine to play a scrimmage to see how good they really are.

It was stupid to compare a title team to a team that hasn't won anything yet.

People do not understand this concept; 1996 UK is the Sagarin rated number ONE team of all time.

This. Team. Is. Not. The. Greatest. Ever. They're not in consideration. I'm not knocking these guys at all. But the 1996 Kentucky Wildcats would ROLL this team. If you don't believe that, you weren't alive to see them, or you've got an agenda. 1996 had forgotten depth. 9, NINE future NBA prospects on that team. Delk, McCarty, Walker, Anderson were college STUDS. Walker was an all star pro. Delk was arguably the best shooter this school has EVER SEEN.

WHO on this team is close to that? None. I think this team will eventually hang a banner and I have faith in them. But people are setting themselves up for a huge letdown with these comparisons.

Imo.

96 UK > 2012 UK > 15 UK.............

I believed that when the season started and I still do

This post was edited on 1/11 1:58 AM by .S&C.

I understand the O.P. because people have been comparing this team to the 96' and 2012 team. Imo this team couldnt beat either. But luckily for us we dont play those teams. This team played like scared b!+(#3s today at times, and looked average.Texas am had every chance and yet they lost at home. There are alot of flaws with this team. I still wouldnt trade our roster for any other in the country. We will be fine.

I agree but I honestly would like to have seen 2012 vs 1996. 1996 would've had absolutely no answer for Anthony Davis...

This post was edited on 1/11 3:10 AM by Raroyder

Originally posted by WildcatfaninOhio:

OP, oh great seer and sage. Please tell us how the current squad would fare against the 1947-48 and the great trio of Beard, Groza and Jones.

We'll stop drinking and listen at your reply.
Not anywhere near old enough to have seen those teams, as my grandma was only 2 or 3 then. A few posters above get what I'm saying. A lot of folk need to relax with this being the best team of all time post and if not, you'll get more threads like the one I started.

I still think this squad can run the table if Cal would play a little zone against teams who obviously can't shoot like Texas A&M today.

This team would crush the 96 team. I mean those guys are what 40ish? So yea, this team would crush that team.

Originally posted by MegaBlue05:
I'll take that bet. Most of those guys are pushing 40 now.
I think Cal is trying to get them all in Lexington Thursday for a scrimage

I understand the O.P. because people have been comparing this team to the 96' and 2012 team. Imo this team couldnt beat either. But luckily for us we dont play those teams. This team played like scared b!+(#3s today at times, and looked average.Texas am had every chance and yet they lost at home. There are alot of flaws with this team. I still wouldnt trade our roster for any other in the country. We will be fine.

Since their year is over, why don't we wait until this year is over and then do our magical comparisons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT