ADVERTISEMENT

51 for Butler

That has to be a record (or near the record) for a player on an 8-seeded team scoring this much against a 1-seed. Obviously Giannis being out is a huge factor here.. but to drop 50pts on the 1-seed in the opening round. Wow.

That has to be a record (or near the record) for a player on an 8-seeded team scoring this much against a 1-seed. Obviously Giannis being out is a huge factor here.. but to drop 50pts on the 1-seed in the opening round. Wow.
Giannis had a triple double with 26, 10 & 13.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Oh jeez I figured he was out tonight. Was he questionable earlier?.
Yes. Giannis had a great time jumping up and down on sidelines while his team got run in his matching short set on the bench other night in Game 3. Decided the game was worth his presence tonight but now they are down 3-1. You mess around with Riley/Spoelstra and that organization, you will find your team in this situation.

The Heat have 0 business even being in the Playoffs this year and certainly not winning 3 games in this series, let alone be in position to pull off this massive upset They are a team of 7 UDFA players, Butler/Bam/Herro-who is out with injury as you know and 2 fossils in Lowry/Love. But they will play their asses off and compete and don't quit. They make you beat the snot out of them and Bucks have been "too cool" and downright arrogant for a team that honestly I see as playing at a level they assume people think they are an elite team. This is a team that got dog walked by Celtics at home by a 47 pt margin in a "statement game".

Putting your team in this position if Giannis is truly as banged up/injured, means now he has to exert himself 3 straight games to win this Series and risk more injury/soreness. It's still very likely they win this Series because the Heat are so lacking in talent to help Butler and matchups overall--I put this down as one of the best individual performances in any sport for how 1 player elevated the entire team to finish a game they should've had 0 chance of winning. Those who watched--at any point did you think Heat were going to lose within 5 pts, let alone win? Kept looking up and saying how is this not a 25+ pt lead but even then...nothing said it was going to be a loss.

If the Bucks lose this series--changes will be made. You have to. All the pressure is on them now and if they lose-coach/players are going to get moved out of town and should. I don't like how Bucks entered Playoffs, hate how they've disrespected the game by being too cool to have Giannis play in Game 3 and now they face this situation.

Yes. Giannis had a great time jumping up and down on sidelines while his team got run in his matching short set on the bench other night in Game 3. Decided the game was worth his presence tonight but now they are down 3-1. You mess around with Riley/Spoelstra and that organization, you will find your team in this situation.

The Heat have 0 business even being in the Playoffs this year and certainly not winning 3 games in this series, let alone be in position to pull off this massive upset They are a team of 7 UDFA players, Butler/Bam/Herro-who is out with injury as you know and 2 fossils in Lowry/Love. But they will play their asses off and compete and don't quit. They make you beat the snot out of them and Bucks have been "too cool" and downright arrogant for a team that honestly I see as playing at a level they assume people think they are an elite team. This is a team that got dog walked by Celtics at home by a 47 pt margin in a "statement game".

Putting your team in this position if Giannis is truly as banged up/injured, means now he has to exert himself 3 straight games to win this Series and risk more injury/soreness. It's still very likely they win this Series because the Heat are so lacking in talent to help Butler and matchups overall--I put this down as one of the best individual performances in any sport for how 1 player elevated the entire team to finish a game they should've had 0 chance of winning. Those who watched--at any point did you think Heat were going to lose within 5 pts, let alone win? Kept looking up and saying how is this not a 25+ pt lead but even then...nothing said it was going to be a loss.

If the Bucks lose this series--changes will be made. You have to. All the pressure is on them now and if they lose-coach/players are going to get moved out of town and should. I don't like how Bucks entered Playoffs, hate how they've disrespected the game by being too cool to have Giannis play in Game 3 and now they face this situation.
You can never take any NBA team for granted, especially if they have a couple all star caliber players.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan

Miami looked so bad in the Atlanta play-in game that this really is fun to watch.

Miami looked so bad in the Atlanta play-in game that this really is fun to watch.
They were in serious trouble against the Bulls until they figured out to make DeRozan make shots/plays and then he reverted to the poor big game player he's been his entire career and Heat pulled away late.

Caleb Martin had a few huge shots in the midst of Butler's barrage.

You can never take any NBA team for granted, especially if they have a couple all star caliber players.
Absolutely correct but especially against the Heat. They may not be pretty to watch or scare you with their roster, but they'll play hard and listen to what they are told to do and the Bucks have been coasting like they are some team capable of flipping a switch which isn't how they play when they are at their best. They need to be engaged from jump and Giannis set the negative tone by missing Game 3 IMO. It's one thing to be banged up, another to miss a game but be jumping up and down on the sidelines and acting like he was just taking a load management day in a series they were tied 1-1, not up 2-0.

Reactions: Fox2monk and deep3
They were in serious trouble against the Bulls until they figured out to make DeRozan make shots/plays and then he reverted to the poor big game player he's been his entire career and Heat pulled away late.

I had to do a double-take when I first saw the game as I didn't know they got two chances to make the playoffs. Crazy, but cool.

DeRozan would be a legit superstar if he could shoot but he’s never developed it really. Like any pro he has his nights but like you said, he’s like Westbrick. They made all star teams and all NBA but never have been on a winning squad except when Durant and Harden were on the Thunder, and Toronto had built an Easy contender that they finally got over the hump after trading for Kawhi(street clothes)Leonard lol.

Absolutely correct but especially against the Heat. They may not be pretty to watch or scare you with their roster, but they'll play hard and listen to what they are told to do and the Bucks have been coasting like they are some team capable of flipping a switch which isn't how they play when they are at their best. They need to be engaged from jump and Giannis set the negative tone by missing Game 3 IMO. It's one thing to be banged up, another to miss a game but be jumping up and down on the sidelines and acting like he was just taking a load management day in a series they were tied 1-1, not up 2-0.
Got that ego that he can turn it on and win the series when he plays, may not work this time. If Herro hadn’t gotten hurt they would really be in a hole. Butler gonna have to have 40 again.

I had to do a double-take when I first saw the game as I didn't know they got two chances to make the playoffs. Crazy, but cool.
if you make the 7/8 spot and play--loser plays winner of 9/10. So Heat played Bulls who upset Raptors. It's a cool idea with one caveat....if the 9/10 gap is too large beneath the 7/8...say more than 8 games in loss column..just let the 7/8 in that year IMO

Reactions: JLoad22
Got that ego that he can turn it on and win the series when he plays, may not work this time. If Herro hadn’t gotten hurt they would really be in a hole. Butler gonna have to have 40 again.
Butler is going to come out an likely try to get everyone else going in Game 5 and then pick his spots to come on--Bam needs to have 20 in Game 5 for them to have any chance and Strus and Robinson need to combine for 20-35.

Butler is going to try and save it all up for 2nd Half/4th Quarter if they are in position to close them out or for Game 6 in Miami. But he knows they'll key on him to begin Game 5.

I'm a buck's fan. Both Middeton and Holiday's handles are as loose as a 100 year old water bucket. Hard to watch.
Why don't they just go inside? Understand they are a 3pt sniper team and all shoot it well, but their advantage is just shooting over the smaller Heat. Just pound them inside and then the inside/out 3pt game is there. Jacking up 3's against a smaller/less talented team allows them to stay in games. Just seems odd to me, but it's Analytical emphasis of Modern NBA basketball.

Butler is going to come out an likely try to get everyone else going in Game 5 and then pick his spots to come on--Bam needs to have 20 in Game 5 for them to have any chance and Strus and Robinson need to combine for 20-35.

Butler is going to try and save it all up for 2nd Half/4th Quarter if they are in position to close them out or for Game 6 in Miami. But he knows they'll key on him to begin Game 5.
He did it! Man what another performance and Bam got 20/10!! I don’t know who Vincent is but he had 22 and K Love even produced some with 15/12.

I'm a buck's fan. Both Middeton and Holiday's handles are as loose as a 100 year old water bucket. Hard to watch.

Why does Grayson the Trippin’ Spazboy get any clock at all? Bucks coach seems to be in love with him and I don’t understand it. You know his teammates probably hate his goofy ass.

• Haha
Why does Grayson the Trippin’ Spazboy get any clock at all? Bucks coach seems to be in love with him and I don’t understand it. You know his teammates probably hate his goofy ass.
I’m surprised he hasn’t been beaten up yet honestly.

Why don't they just go inside? Understand they are a 3pt sniper team and all shoot it well, but their advantage is just shooting over the smaller Heat. Just pound them inside and then the inside/out 3pt game is there. Jacking up 3's against a smaller/less talented team allows them to stay in games. Just seems odd to me, but it's Analytical emphasis of Modern NBA basketball.
Because Holiday and Middleton pound it on the floor and play iso-ball the entire game, if they don't turn it over first, and never look inside. The ball never swings and there is rarely a pick and roll. I expect a coaching change is coming if not a revamping of the team makeup. I think this lineup as played out and is as good as they will ever be. They will only digress from this point on.

He did it! Man what another performance and Bam got 20/10!! I don’t know who Vincent is but he had 22 and K Love even produced some with 15/12.
Sure did. Said it earlier in another thread but you don't want to mess around with a Pat Riley/Erik Spoelstra led team and when Giannis pulled that BS by sitting out Game 3....you get what you deserve. Only thing more laughable was his pathetic "It's not a failure" response to a legit question from the reporter who deserves credit for asking a legit question instead of a homer "how do you feel?" BS question to a franchise player.

Giannis has all offseason now to contemplate how putrid that was but to be honest that Coach has to go. Having him up against Spoelstra was like having me guard Shaq in the post.

Because Holiday and Middleton pound it on the floor and play iso-ball the entire game, if they don't turn it over first, and never look inside. The ball never swings and there is rarely a pick and roll. I expect a coaching change is coming if not a revamping of the team makeup. I think this lineup as played out and is as good as they will ever be. They will only digress from this point on.
When they went inside they were up double digits every stretch. Feel for you as a fan (I'm not a Bucks fan but I have shared in misery of watching bad basketball strategy for years--afterall look what site you are on talking basketball). I've never cared for Holiday's game but he got a ring and that solidifies him in eyes of many. Middleton was actually smart doing some post ups and had a solid game--but team needs to change some parts and I'd be firing Bud for Nick Nurse ASAP personally. When a guy that good is available...go get him.

The lack of using timeouts TWICE that resulted in 0 actual shot attempts unless they counted Giannis heave at end of regulation is criminal as a Coach/Staff. Brutal.

Sure did. Said it earlier in another thread but you don't want to mess around with a Pat Riley/Erik Spoelstra led team and when Giannis pulled that BS by sitting out Game 3....you get what you deserve. Only thing more laughable was his pathetic "It's not a failure" response to a legit question from the reporter who deserves credit for asking a legit question instead of a homer "how do you feel?" BS question to a franchise player.

Giannis has all offseason now to contemplate how putrid that was but to be honest that Coach has to go. Having him up against Spoelstra was like having me guard Shaq in the post.
I doubt they fire him because he’s won too much and already a title.

I doubt they fire him because he’s won too much and already a title.
I'd fire him ASAP. It's one thing to lose in a 7 game series as a #1 seed or because your best player is legitimately injured and can't play. Giannis was fine in Games 4 and 5 other than bricking FT's and he's done that in past too. Everyone is banged up/hurting in some manner, but everyone also needs a Coach who helps them in areas that decide games but are simple game management. Like say...taking timeouts when there is .9 left in regulation or taking a timeout with 9 secs left in OT and possession of ball down 2. Or......you can do what "Bud" did and not get shots off both times, lose your last 2 games of the season when you were up as much as 16 pts in each 4th Quarter.

Nick Nurse is out there now Raptors fired him.....he's who I'd call immediately.

I'd fire him ASAP. It's one thing to lose in a 7 game series as a #1 seed or because your best player is legitimately injured and can't play. Giannis was fine in Games 4 and 5 other than bricking FT's and he's done that in past too. Everyone is banged up/hurting in some manner, but everyone also needs a Coach who helps them in areas that decide games but are simple game management. Like say...taking timeouts when there is .9 left in regulation or taking a timeout with 9 secs left in OT and possession of ball down 2. Or......you can do what "Bud" did and not get shots off both times, lose your last 2 games of the season when you were up as much as 16 pts in each 4th Quarter.

Nick Nurse is out there now Raptors fired him.....he's who I'd call immediately.
I agree--Nick would be a great hire. Has always won with less talented rosters also. Bud looks like a guy that is totally stressed out every time the camera is on him I'd love to know his BP readings during games. LOL

• Haha
I'm gonna consider this a prediction, so well done!

I agree--Nick would be a great hire. Has always won with less talented rosters also. Bud looks like a guy that is totally stressed out every time the camera is on him I'd love to know his BP readings during games. LOL
LMAO. Great description of Bud. As a Laker fan I get to enjoy watching Bud protegee Darvin Ham have no concept of how to manage a rotation. He took a 1 pt game in a close out situation with 3 and half to go in 3rd period and made it a 25 pt hole due to sitting AD who actually was playing his best game in a few weeks.....but nah let's go back to the guys who can't do anything last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT