ADVERTISEMENT

4K TVs

WineCountryCat

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2021
linktr.ee
I have a 12 yr old Sharp Aquos 1080p. I'm not a gamer, we watch tv and movies. I've researched along w my son like crazy over the last couple weeks. TCL, Hisense, LG, Samsung, Sony, blah blah blah! I realize anything I upgrade to will be better than current situation.

This one does this, that one doesn't do that! I just want to watch tv and treat myself to a bit of a retirement gift, aside from another camera! I think I've settled on just getting the best and newest and call it good! Any thoughts? This is what I'm thinking at the moment.... Samsung 75" QN90BD

I have two 75 inch LG 4k's in my house and they have performed great. Both are over 3 years old. If one of them tears up, I will probably buy another LG or a Samsung.

Bought both of them at Costco. If you have a membership, I would definitely swing by and check out what they have. Seem reasonably priced.

We have 2 Amazon 4k TVs. I don’t like the operating system. For smart TVs they’re a little more complicated than they need to be. But they were insanely cheap and work good for the kids.

Reactions: WineCountryCat
I have an LG OLED purchased at Costco this past year. It was a major upgrade over our old box. Been happy with it as we previously transitioned to YoutubeTV. We also basically just watch TV.

I love my LG. Cnet rates it's C2 OLED model the best high end TV for 2022. It appears to be about $100 more than your preferred Samsung which they also like.

Last edited:
I've always had LG, and they've all been great.

One thing to be careful of. When Black Friday rolls around, manufacturers will PURPOSELY make cheaper models to sell, and that's how they get discounted. Now, for most folks, that may not matter.. but I've seen that bite people also. The TVs just don't last as long with cheaper parts, less storage for apps, and fewer updates for support.

I have a 12 yr old Sharp Aquos 1080p. I'm not a gamer, we watch tv and movies. I've researched along w my son like crazy over the last couple weeks. TCL, Hisense, LG, Samsung, Sony, blah blah blah! I realize anything I upgrade to will be better than current situation.

This one does this, that one doesn't do that! I just want to watch tv and treat myself to a bit of a retirement gift, aside from another camera! I think I've settled on just getting the best and newest and call it good! Any thoughts? This is what I'm thinking at the moment.... Samsung 75" QN90BD
Color TV?

• Haha
Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
LG oled

Also make sure you're actually watching stuff in 4k...just saying. Regular TV and what not isn't in it.

Also have a TCL, it's not bad for a value TV...mine has roku in it, which I like better than the other adapter or whatever that they have

I got the 85” model of the one you are looking at from Costco last month. We like it very much. For what it’s worth, NEO QLED has a brighter picture which supposedly is better in a room with lots of natural light. OLED has better contrast which should be better for watching at night or if you can darken your room during the day.

Last edited:
I don't even know what channels, if any, are on 4K, for that reason, not interested. Someone tell me what I am missing.

It's marketing. 4k means nothing to me. My 14 year old Panasonic has a better picture than my 2 year old Samsung 4k no matter how it's tweaked.

Reactions: bigbluedon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT