ADVERTISEMENT

10 schools that could win the NCAA championship in 2024

The guy lost all credibility when he left off Indiana. Doesn't he read Peegs? TheHoosier?
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Sure those teams could win..........and the other 346 teams as well lol.
Yeah, I can just about guarantee FAU, SDSU, UConn and Miami weren't on anyone's list to sniff the final 4 last year.

UK is on this list every year, proof that these guys have no idea what they're looking at. Plus, the tournament is way too random.

But they really need to stop putting Purdue on these lists, it just isn’t going to happen.

Two years in a row title favorites.....two years in a row bust.

Painter is not a good tourney coach and it shows.
Not only that, but it’s Zach Edey and a bunch of Joe's that really aren't very good.

One guy scored 11 ppg, but damn, Edey drew 3 defenders all game long, the fact that only one guy could muster double digit points, tells you all you need to know.

Without Edey, they're an NIT team.

That's my thought w/ Zaga, just can't see them sealing the deal. Always the maid never the bride.

Zags's window is closed. They had a chance with some high profile recruits in a poor conference. Then they stopped getting guys like Suggs and Chet.. which was part Gonzaga's recruiting regressing to the mean, and part NIL giving power programs a leg up.

And notice how those 3 or 4 Gonzaga fans are no where to be found? I suspect you'll never hear from Gonzaga again, aside from a fluke sweet16 here and there.

I'd point out that not a single team in this year’s final four was on these lists when the season began. Which oughta tell us something about how much these dopes know.

With today's crazy annual CBB roster upheaval and unpredictability I think it's silly to be making these assessments before we've even seen anybody play yet. And the number that "could" make the run is now way more than 10 each year.

Zags's window is closed. They had a chance with some high profile recruits in a poor conference. Then they stopped getting guys like Suggs and Chet.. which was part Gonzaga's recruiting regressing to the mean, and part NIL giving power programs a leg up.

And notice how those 3 or 4 Gonzaga fans are no where to be found? I suspect you'll never hear from Gonzaga again, aside from a fluke sweet16 here and there.
And boy is it sweet. Absolutely could not stand the number of times they got favorable seeding off a few good non conference wins and then sleepwalk through that pathetic conference of theirs.

Draft Kings has UK with fourth best odds to win it all. Meanwhile Lunardi has UK as a #6 seed.🤬
It is a common misconception that those two are comparable... or that current odds have anything with a teams chances at success (past the betting public's perception).
Odds move so that their are equal amounts of $$ bet on either side, and the bookie is guaranteed to make hers. That doesn't mean that UK has the fourth best chance, it simply means that people are betting on them and they are trying to slow that down, to even their odds, by enticing bets on other teams with a the opportunity for a better payout.
That said... Lunardi et al. are no better in the preseason. As others have said, he didn't have the past final four correct at this point last year.

Two years in a row title favorites.....two years in a row bust.

Painter is not a good tourney coach and it shows.
The year they have Edwards at guard was their year. They got a terrible beat by the luckiest shit ever by Tony Bennett. He luck boxed into a title.

The year they have Edwards at guard was their year. They got a terrible beat by the luckiest shit ever by Tony Bennett. He luck boxed into a title.
Their year should've been last year when the were a 1 seed. No way they should've lost to that team.

I mean before then it had only happened ONCE, ironically, to the aforementioned coach.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Or Duke. I long for the day when these predictions come out and Duke is nowhere to be seen. May take 10 years of shitty basketball from Scheyer and crew, but man it will be a beautiful day.
Ain't gonna happen. Nike is still all in with Dook.

Related.
(#7 Gonzaga is going to be overrated by everybody going into this season imo).

Last edited:
And boy is it sweet. Absolutely could not stand the number of times they got favorable seeding off a few good non conference wins and then sleepwalk through that pathetic conference of theirs.
All I know is they beat the hell out of us the one time we played em. Sure are alot of our fans gloating about the misfortunes of teams we dont seem to be able to beat anymore,ei.KU,Duke ect. I remembrr when we could talk smack because we beat them, now we do it because we cant. Yeah I am bitching and nothing but WINNING big games against good teams will stop me. Will we be a contender this year, check back after we play KU

Our schedule sucks...at least that is what I read here.
It actually does suck, 4 of those ranked opponents are 2 SEC teams and besides Gonzaga, uNC, KU and Miami, our non-con schedule is ass.

This year (and next) are going to be a lot harder than people are making it out to be with all the extra eligibility players have. With Gonzaga, they will have 3 of their 5 starters going into their 5th year. That's going to be the case with many of these schools. All of those top 25 teams listed above except for Miami will have 3 seniors starting, most of whom are in their 5th year. (I do think we will start 2 5th year guys though)

Also, Mark Few got Andrew Nembhard's brother, Ryan, to transfer there. I would put him up there with Kolek as one of the better PGs in the country. Graham Ike is a solid big man as well.

This year (and next) are going to be a lot harder than people are making it out to be with all the extra eligibility players have. With Gonzaga, they will have 3 of their 5 starters going into their 5th year. That's going to be the case with many of these schools. All of those top 25 teams listed above except for Miami will have 3 seniors starting, most of whom are in their 5th year. (I do think we will start 2 5th year guys though)

Also, Mark Few got Andrew Nembhard's brother, Ryan, to transfer there. I would put him up there with Kolek as one of the better PGs in the country. Graham Ike is a solid big man as well.
Zags have 30 percent of their scoring returning. They'll be good but aren't top 10 good.

Exactly, this is the worst possible season to have a young team, this is as old as college basketball has ever been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT