ADVERTISEMENT

Your voting experience ? Lines ? Hassles ?

Florida has made the voting process extremely simple. Can request a ballot be mailed to you and can either mail back or drop off on election day. Simple process and great seeing so many people voting.

Reactions: SaltyCat22
I skipped voting yesterday. Barr and Rand were getting my vote but I didn't know enough about the local candidates to vote for any of them and I knew those two were going to win with or without me. My precinct is usually no wait though.

As I said in another thread, in Villa Hills I waited 70 minutes starting at 2:20pm yesterday to sign-in & receive a ballot. Then 5-7 minutes to vote and scan paper ballot into machine. Have never seen anything like that. May have waited 30-40 minutes once years ago but normally 5-10 minutes.

The whole problem was not having enough people/computers to sign you in. They had 4 tablets to finger-paint your name on something like an Etch A Sketch & then gave you a ballot. It was over a minute per person. So they could handle maybe 225 people/hour. Way more voters than that. They still had voters at 7pm.

Friend in next town over, Crescent Springs, said he was in/out in 10-15 minutes. Next town from that, Lakeside Park, had similar lines to Villa Hills as shown on the local CIncy News.

Aren't you retired? Why don't you volunteer to work the polls? They need the help at least in some places

Waited in line about 10 minutes at my polling place. Turnout was higher at my precinct than normal.

All of the winning candidates I voted for ran perfect campaigns and were duly elected. All of the losing candidates I voted for were victims of election fraud. That’s how this works now, right?

In and out in under 180 seconds. We have a slick set-up. Couldn’t imagine waiting in a line like I see on TV. Zero excuses for that. Move out to da ‘burbs people.

Need to end mail-in ballots and make in-person voting a three-day extravaganza. If you’re too lazy to get your ass to a polling station, your vote should not count.

• Haha
Reactions: RogCat1119
Florida has made the voting process extremely simple. Can request a ballot be mailed to you and can either mail back or drop off on election day. Simple process and great seeing so many people voting.
And they have the votes counted before bedtime.

Interesting how some places people virtually walked up to check in and vote and some waited an hour - wonder if it’s the time people voted or what caused the difference?

Interesting how some places people virtually walked up to check in and vote and some waited an hour - wonder if it’s the time people voted or what caused the difference?
Mostly number of voters vs number of voting machines.

The Union Army, which buried a lot of its dead soldiers all around his house would beg to disagree. They are still there at Arlington National Cemetery.
I'm agreeing with you btw. Of course he is a hero to a certain type of person

Reactions: Tskware
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT