ADVERTISEMENT

Your Thoughts on Reeves’ Possible Return

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
I’ve read where several posters want him back, and just the opposite. I guess it’s his streakiness that keeps me indifferent. Played some GREAT games. Went cold in the wrong ones. I don’t think Cal can be blamed because he had plenty of run.

Would UK be better with him or no worse without him, in your opinion?

He’s coming back and he will be needed. The class Kentucky has coming in will need leadership, Reeves and others will bring that to the team.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
He clearly doesn't want to be here. Not sure why anyone would think mutual exclusivity to be out of the ordinary. Many fans (and not just UK fans) are tired of the whole NBA/G-League/TransferPortal thing and are just at the point of "if you don't want to be here, then pack your stuff and go".

If he comes back ok or if he bolts ok..He's not getting drafted either way so not sure what all the drama surrounding him is.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He played bad in one game when he was the only shooter last year, of course you want reeves back. Right now that roster has zero shooters on it and desperately needs one, reeves and other guys who can beat there man off the dribble would open up a lot of more looks for reeves

He played bad in one game when he was the only shooter last year, of course you want reeves back. Right now that roster has zero shooters on it and desperately needs one, reeves and other guys who can beat there man off the dribble would open up a lot of more looks for reeves

Shepherd can't shoot?

I like Reeves. I would get excited and call him Tone when he hit big shots and got hot last year. Ideally I’d like him back.

One thing I find interesting is fan response to the public leveraging of Bradshaw and Reeves the last 2 weeks. Bradshaw wants a guaranteed role to set him up for his draft position- very negative fan reaction to Bradshaw. Reeves wants NIL cash and “branding” opportunities- very negative reaction to Cal.

2 players trying to use leverage but reaction was very different.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I like Reeves. I would get excited and call him Tone when he hit big shots and got hot last year. Ideally I’d like him back.

One thing I find interesting is fan response to the public leveraging of Bradshaw and Reeves the last 2 weeks. Bradshaw wants a guaranteed role to set him up for his draft position- very negative fan reaction to Bradshaw. Reeves wants NIL cash and “branding” opportunities- very negative reaction to Cal.

The bradshaw one hurts Kentucky from getting other players though, meeting demands of a guy who hasn’t played yet, and guaranteeing him a starting spot instead but Kentucky in a tough situation

The bradshaw one hurts Kentucky from getting other players though, meeting demands of a guy who hasn’t played yet, and guaranteeing him a starting spot instead but Kentucky in a tough situation
Wait, I thought you were saying Bradshaw was going to USC because that’s what twitter insiders said.

From my view and it don't mean shit but I didn't care for Livingston or his posse telling Cal he didn't want to play the 4 last year and I don't care for Bradshaw saying he would play the 3 this year.They would play where I told them they would play and guard who I told them to guard..end of discussion

Playing against high school Kentucky boys, sure. Not sure if he will be quick enough to compete right away against the SEC athleticism. Think we may need to be patient with him.
You know he played travel AAU ball against the best players in country and excelled, right?

I never saw Reeves as "streaky." Even a 40% 3pt. shooter misses 6 of 10. I thought he was pretty reliable. Every player - including the best shooters - are going to have games where they don't hit anything. Reeves didn't have many of those, but he had one in the last game of the season. Folks tend to remember what happens in the last game of the season more prominently.

Basically, I think Reeves is a very good college spot up 3 pt. shooter. And UK desperately needs him next season.

Playing against high school Kentucky boys, sure. Not sure if he will be quick enough to compete right away against the SEC athleticism. Think we may need to be patient with him.
He’s got better genes than any of the other signees. White daddy could jump.

I think leading everyone to believe you’re for sure coming back but wanting to get professional feedback but then power moving end of May is equally negative personally, however I get your point.

If you’re not willing to guarantee a starting spot to a top 5/10 recruit in the country, if I were the player, I’d wonder why you bothered recruiting me.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I'd have recruited over him the second he entered the NBA Draft process. They didn't. Now you put the program up against it and have to negotiate with a guy who should be kissing your ass he got to play at Kentucky.
So many terrific guards were in the portal early.Was Cal really so 100% sure he was coming back he didn't bother trying?Now it's dried up so we are screwed if Reeves leaves.

Throwing Reeves last game out, like a horse race. Consider it like that, and we need him badly. Plus, he got better at attacking the rim. I’m all in on Reeves returning.

I think people are really underestimating Reed,I expect him to surprise alot IF he gets the chance
I agree about Shepherd being overlooked and underrated. He’s really good, and I think he will be able to backup both PG and SG without hurting you. In fact, my guess is that he can help a team as a freshman better than most of the other top incoming recruits due to the way he lets the game come to him and doesn’t try to do too much. But it’s always a mistake in my opinion to count on freshmen for consistent perimeter shooting. It’s not even fair to them. But as an upperclassman I believe he’s the type of starting Guard that can help you win a Title.

I'd have recruited over him the second he entered the NBA Draft process. They didn't. Now you put the program up against it and have to negotiate with a guy who should be kissing your ass he got to play at Kentucky.
Letting Livingston and reeves situations hold you in a bad spot where you don’t actively go after really good transfers to start the portal put you into the position they are now. Both seem like good people and I like Livingston and reeves but both should be happy to be here and want to be here, reeves made six figures allegedly last year, I don’t know how much more he wants

I think leading everyone to believe you’re for sure coming back but wanting to get professional feedback but then power moving end of May is equally negative personally, however I get your point.

If you’re not willing to guarantee a starting spot to a top 5/10 recruit in the country, if I were the player, I’d wonder why you bothered recruiting me.
To me cal has to get over the stigma out there that these freshman are definitely starting, it’s hurting in recruiting the portal. On reeves I agree they assumed he was back and reeves decided to prolong the situation and start making power moves

Reactions: track42
Letting Livingston and reeves situations hold you in a bad situation where you don’t actively go after really transfers to start the portal put you into the position they are now. Both seem like good people and I like Livingston and reeves but both should be happy to be here and want to be here, reeves made six figures allegedly last year, I don’t know how much more he wants
Maybe he wants to rename Rupp to Reeves Arena or his jersey put in the rafters...it's just a joke with the drama around him.

Better. We need him

I’ve read where several posters want him back, and just the opposite. I guess it’s his streakiness that keeps me indifferent. Played some GREAT games. Went cold in the wrong ones. I don’t think Cal can be blamed because he had plenty of run.

Would UK be better with him or no worse without him, in your opinion?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Agree with this 100%

I think we will like the JR and SR class version of Sheppard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT