ADVERTISEMENT

Your changes for Big Blue Madness...and Go!

PS does anyone remember when Pitino used to take time out at Midnight Madness to actually coach the crowd in what he wanted them to do during the season? Certainly not all, but that was definitely part of (the lack of that was definitely part of) why Rupp has lost its edge as an environment. I could definitely see Pope bringing that back.

(Iirc I think Tubby did some of that too. Isn’t Tubby where the FT “WOOSH” came from?)

Not popular but please separate the women. And I hate to be the one to say it. Please let them have their own.

And I know it will never happen.
This is a big part of what killed it as well.

If they have to be involved…then I say let’s do a coed scrimmage like the celebrity Allstar game. It isn’t. Areal scrimmage anyways bc no dodgy wants to get hurt.

UK wants to promote the womens team to the larger audience so it will never be separate from men's midnight madness/big blue madness. Its not a big deal to find something else to do if you desperately dont want to watch them. and if you dont want to go to Big Blue Madness...... then what are you complaining about because you can literally do anything other than pay attention to it until the men come on

And that's exactly what people started doing. That's why the last few years they had to go around campus handing out tickets.

It did ok when people were curious about Mitchell's dance and cal was winning but fell off a cliff after.

It'll be full this year but it would be way better overall if they split the two.

Prior to the Men's introduction. Get the fans involved.
Do a half court made shot for 1 million bucks.
Make 2 consecutive free throws and get season tickets.
Make 2 three point shots and get to sit on the bench at Rupp of a home game of your choice.
And then the big one, make a layup. Free throw, 3 point basket and a half court shot and get to be Mark Pope's assistant coach in a home game of Pope's choosing.
Hell I don't know, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

You guys wanting to exclude the women and thinking that’s why attendance is waning are nuts. Mens team or womens. It’s basketball and an intro to the season. It generates interest in the womens team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT