ADVERTISEMENT

You have to go get Oats now

Enough of the nonsense. Mitch isn't gay, he just happens to have a strong Christian faith as does Drew. And he wouldn't be praying that Drew's mind is changed. He's doing all the right things. Do you realize how many coaches there are in America, and how many of them could coach circles around Calipari? Have patience, enjoy the journey. Before this program can get back to being the UK we all knew years ago, it has to heal. Before the healing process can begin, the sickness must be purged. That's already started.
Agree

Reactions: stereonut
Where do people get this stuff? Nate Oats is happily married.

I thought he was too. Had no clue he was divorced....so is he not.

What I read on another board didn't suggest he was divorced but that there were off the court issues rumored. Nothing specific to his marriage.

I thought he was too. Had no clue he was divorced....so is he not.

What I read on another board didn't suggest he was divorced but that there were off the court issues rumored. Nothing specific to his marriage.
Nate Oats does not have any off-the-court issues. I think people just start running with stuff during stressful times like a coaching search. The fact that people are just blatantly making stuff up about Nate Oats and his family is really sad.

Tuscaloosa to Lexington is just 7 hours of a drive. Which means a 45 min plane right. I find these excuses of family matters to be odd. You're not moving across the globe. You're about to make several million more to coach at a premier school. You turn that down because of a divorce you're going through, or because your wife likes it where you live now? IDK.
Well, you might think different if it was your kids or family.

Does anyone know FOR SURE what the details about his divorce stuff are? Is he basically stuck in Bama?
Would you gamble on how much you see your kids depending on an Alabama judge after you left Bama for UK. He doesn't have to stay but there are potential ramifications. Anyways say the wife is staying in place to keep the kids in the same school in the same area how many judges would give you shared custody or visitation where the kids have to travel out of state every weekend to see their dad.

Just spitballing maybe someone who has been through an out of state separation has more relevant info to share.

Bring the kids, settle the divorce through arbitration with the kids going to him and a check bigger than what she or her next husband will ever see. (Assuming there even is a divorce)
Did Kentucky fans start this rumor because Nate Oats said he was not interested in becoming the Kentucky coach? They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Did Kentucky fans start this rumor because Nate Oats said he was not interested in becoming the Kentucky coach? They should be ashamed of themselves.
Can’t speak on the legitimacy of it, or who started the rumors (if they are rumors). But this fan base has class, the ones that don’t thankfully don’t have access to internet so I’d imagine this was a third party rumor if it is one.

Can’t speak on the legitimacy of it, or who started the rumors (if they are rumors). But this fan base has class, the ones that don’t thankfully don’t have access to internet so I’d imagine this was a third party rumor if it is one.
Yeah, it says a lot about someone's character to start spreading lies about someone's marriage and children. Hopefully, his family doesn't get wind of this disgraceful rumor. It's not that serious to start wishing ill on the family of anyone. Sad and disappointing for fans of Kentucky to run with this.

Bruce isn’t a terrible hire, I just am not fond with the fact he’s been tossed around the SEC like a joint out behind the high-school.
Bruce would be a terrible hire .. he's slimy , and he gets all worked up for the cameras on a Sat Espn special but coaches like he doesnt give a shit on a tues 930 game Vs Ole miss or Vandy .. he only gets his team motivated for big games .. Hard Pass bigtime

The funny thing about the wife and kid angle is when you think of how much possible time a coach has for family time when he's the head coach of a high profile D1 basketball team. I'm not saying a 7 hour move doesn't make that worse.. but let's not pretend Oats is out playing catch and having cook outs on weekends at present time.. if you want family time, be a state worker.

Yeah, it says a lot about someone's character to start spreading lies about someone's marriage and children. Hopefully, his family doesn't get wind of this disgraceful rumor. It's not that serious to start wishing ill on the family of anyone. Sad and disappointing for fans of Kentucky to run with this.
It doesn’t seem to me that people are running with it. People ask about why there may be a hold up and they are responding with th
Bruce would be a terrible hire .. he's slimy , and he gets all worked up for the cameras on a Sat Espn special but coaches like he doesnt give a shit on a tues 930 game Vs Ole miss or Vandy .. he only gets his team motivated for big games .. Hard Pass bigtime
hes a decent human being who cares about the community he’s in and is a family man who wins games and is proven in the SEC. is he a great hire? Not necessarily. Is he a terrible hire? I would imagine of the 363 D1 men’s programs there would be over 325 that would take him over whoever they have.

I would imagine of the 363 D1 men’s programs there would be over 325 that would take him over whoever they have.
We are not your normal 40 plus other teams . You have to bring it every game here .. His act he puts on against Ky .. its a sort of audition to show how badly he wants to win .. then his teams dog it in the NCAAT or in regular league games

We are not your normal 40 plus other teams . You have to bring it every game here .. His act he puts on against Ky .. its a sort of audition to show how badly he wants to win .. then his teams dog it in the NCAAT or in regular league games
Every game is a big game here. Every game the fans care like its the season riding on it but for the games before the champions classic.

lol im laughing at this entire sub. Ran a hall of fame coach out of town on a 4 year slump after a pandemic and complete change of the transfer portal and NIL.. and now no one wants the job. imagine that. You were complaining about paying cal 33 million but you wanna buy out a coach with 18 million and pay him 9 plus. Hes not interested in the Job. Theres no "go Get". This is setting up for 4 years mediocrity.. but without the pre season "potential"

Stop it. He took Auburn from the gutter to the top of the SEC. You are clueless. Dude can flat out coach.

lol im laughing at this entire sub. Ran a hall of fame coach out of town on a 4 year slump after a pandemic and complete change of the transfer portal and NIL.. and now no one wants the job. imagine that. You were complaining about paying cal 33 million but you wanna buy out a coach with 18 million and pay him 9 plus. Hes not interested in the Job. Theres no "go Get". This is setting up for 4 years mediocrity.. but without the pre season "potential"
Arkansas board is that way.

Oats has already said no, he said the timing is bad with his family

The detailed report was we called their ad and be wouldn't budge on the 10 mil buyout. Apparently that was too much but we turned around and offered Hurley a war chest.

Our entire search seems rushed because the one guy Mitch truly targeted told him no.

As great as the story would be to get Billy D you simply cannot wait. If we were willing to pony up to get Hurley then you can leverage that same money to buy out oats and give him a nice raise as well. He is young and hungry as everybody knows and he finally proved it by advancing on the court this year. We simply cannot go get a guy like Bruce Pearl or any of the others that are floating around and waste time.

If you don't go get him you are going to have to gamble on a guy like Golden proving himself big picture. Or you go back to the Pitino well.
Are you some kind of sadist?

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
I don’t understand. He released a statement saying he’s committed to Alabama. You guys saying if he was offered enough money he would leave despite the statement?

See
As great as the story would be to get Billy D you simply cannot wait. If we were willing to pony up to get Hurley then you can leverage that same money to buy out oats and give him a nice raise as well. He is young and hungry as everybody knows and he finally proved it by advancing on the court this year. We simply cannot go get a guy like Bruce Pearl or any of the others that are floating around and waste time.

If you don't go get him you are going to have to gamble on a guy like Golden proving himself big picture. Or you go back to the Pitino well.
See I am not that sold on Oats, his defense is almost as bad as Cal's.

Have an official discussion with Oats .. or at least see if the AD was fighting to try to keep him . I'd say we will never know the truth of the inside deals/offers etc . But I'm wanting a coach to get back on track !
I thought he did and tried to negotiate the buyout but the Bama ad shut it down? Mitch probably playing nice nice because he's on the NCAA committee.

We need a dam pirate!
Flag Pirate GIF

W

Works for me.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Tuscaloosa to Lexington is just 7 hours of a drive. Which means a 45 min plane right. I find these excuses of family matters to be odd. You're not moving across the globe. You're about to make several million more to coach at a premier school. You turn that down because of a divorce you're going through, or because your wife likes it where you live now? IDK.

I wouldn’t want to be that far away from kids especially when coparenting. Ex? For sure.

As football1020 can tell you guys. Nate Oats had an affair with Scott Drew and they are getting a divorce. They've got custody issues cause he doesn't wanna leave the northeast cause he was on Jersey Shore. The Pope will be hired to help get the Bulls into the playoffs. Jay Wright said no, cause he likes working with the the human mannequin, Seth Davis. Hope I got this right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT