ADVERTISEMENT

You can cross Dan Hurley off the list

No real reason for him to ever leave UConn for any other program. He's on the verge of another Championship, has been getting better recruits and will likely have his choice of transfers when the portal opens. Also look for the school to lock him up with a long term deal that will pay him very nicely and a big buyout.
He can accomplish everything he could want at UConn.
Sad days.
JVC would tell you he's accomplishing everything at UK wants!

UCONN would match or come close to matching any offer Kentucky offered. At least close enough to have him stay put as there’s literally no reason for Hurley to come to UK (which is unfortunate because there was a time when that sentence would have been blatantly false).
UCOnn doesn’t have that capability or desire to pay their coach close to what Uk can or would

I wouldn't underestimate the allure of being an All-Time coach with the resources and support at UK. That and he would have the opportunity to become a Pitino-like savior of the program.

Plus money, lots and lots of money.
So much money but we can’t buy out our lazy coach.

UCOnn doesn’t have that capability or desire to pay their coach close to what Uk can or would
He has a pretty bonus filled contract. He will earn close to $7 million this year if they win it all. That’s not that far off from where UK is.

Am I confused? All these posts about who is on or off the list, candidates for out next coach, and this list goes on. We are stuck with Cal till he decides to leave, and he isn’t going anywhere. I plan to just not to be as invested in UK basketball till I actually can be again. There is no list, and there is no other candidates.

Reactions: know1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT