ADVERTISEMENT

You’re lying to yourself if….

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
If you’re okay with the current state of this program. I see man fans on X who just bash people for hating on Cal and the team. The ones who say “I still believe” are the most annoying. Some people just don’t understand what this program is supposed to be and are so accustomed to losing. When did it be okay for this program to not win SEC titles and championships? I’ll never understand how people can continue to back a coach who has proven nothing the last 5 years. Remember Tubby’s last 5 seasons at Kentucky he had 9 tournament wins and people were ready for him to leave, so why are people still backing Cal who has done way less?

Alixx Attention Seeker GIF - Alixx Attention Seeker Attention Seeking GIFs

I don’t know anyone who’s backing Cal, but I don’t look at social media. Nothing is happening at this moment, as we are still in the season. We’re also in a terrible spot due to the contract. Best hope is something is going on behind the scenes, but then we’d have to worry about Mitch.

Ehh, most people are going to be pretty rational about it and remember that just 2 weeks ago we were ranked top 6 and the talk of the college basketball world. Then we have had a rough 2 weeks since. We now sit at a rock bottom #17.

We also just put up 92 pts on the alleged #2 defense in the country. So clearly we can score the ball as well as anyone. We just need a major overhaul on defense. Historically, Cal teams are at least respectable on defense. So, I think some have hope that maybe they can get it figured out enough to make some noise.

Last edited:
Ehh, most people are going to be pretty rational about it and remember that just 2 weeks ago we were ranked top 6 and the talk of the college basketball world. Then we have had a rough 2 weeks since.

We also just put up 92 pts on the alleged #2 defense in the country. So clearly we can score the ball as well as anyone. We just need a major overhaul on defense. Historically, Cal teams are at least respectable on defense. So, I think some have hope that maybe they can get it figured out enough to make some noise.
Yeah this team can outscore teams but when they give up 90+ to a team who averages 65 a game well that’s not good. When it started I was happy this offense was elite but now I just wish it was the other way around and the defense was elite with a mediocre offense

“In Cal we Trust “ at least recruiting 5 star kids.
I have never been a fan of his coaching ability.

Yeah this team can outscore teams but when they give up 90+ to a team who averages 65 a game well that’s not good. When it started I was happy this offense was elite but now I just wish it was the other way around and the defense was elite with a mediocre offense
I wouldn't go that far. Our offense is fun to watch when the right guys are healthy. We just need a consistent top 50 defense. We would be able to outscore anyone at that point, imo. It's not too late to fix, but it's going to take a lot of effort. 2 good weeks of defensive performances and we would easily be around a top 50 D efficiency. We jumped almost 30 spots after Arkansas, then fell the same after UT.

Ehh, most people are going to be pretty rational about it and remember that just 2 weeks ago we were ranked top 6 and the talk of the college basketball world. Then we have had a rough 2 weeks since.

Account formed today...check
One of the first posts supporting Cal and urging patience...check
Pollyannish optimism and dismissing those concerned as not "rational"...check

Troll confirmed

I don’t know anyone who’s backing Cal, but I don’t look at social media. Nothing is happening at this moment, as we are still in the season. We’re also in a terrible spot due to the contract. Best hope is something is going on behind the scenes, but then we’d have to worry about Mitch.
There’s a group on social media acting like UK can’t live without him and then stating the obvious which is it would be very hard for uk to fire him or move on from him

There’s a group on social media acting like UK can’t live without him and then stating the obvious which is it would be very hard for uk to fire him or move on from him
If it wasn’t for that contract, I doubt Cal would be here this season.

There’s no sure fire hire out there right now, but I’d rather be a program trying to keep with the times rather than clinging to an old, washed up system. People thinking Cal is all the sudden going morph back into 2010 Cal is laughable.

If you’re okay with the current state of this program. I see man fans on X who just bash people for hating on Cal and the team. The ones who say “I still believe” are the most annoying. Some people just don’t understand what this program is supposed to be and are so accustomed to losing. When did it be okay for this program to not win SEC titles and championships? I’ll never understand how people can continue to back a coach who has proven nothing the last 5 years. Remember Tubby’s last 5 seasons at Kentucky he had 9 tournament wins and people were ready for him to leave, so why are people still backing Cal who has done way less?
How did the meeting go Sunday? If you had someone tell you about it then please follow up with them. Insider on HOB said he seriously doubted there was a meeting.

There’s no sure fire hire out there right now, but I’d rather be a program trying to keep with the times rather than clinging to an old, washed up system. People thinking Cal is all the sudden going morph back into 2010 Cal is laughable.
2010-2017 cal was great, truly a game changer as a coach. 2018-2020 quickly team was fine, had issues but was still good. 2020-2023 has been terrible and is slowly having the program slip further and further away

2010-2017 cal was great, truly a game changer as a coach. 2018-2020 quickly team was fine, had issues but was still good. 2020-2023 has been terrible and is slowly having the program slip further and further away
Yup. Anyone who can’t see the current trend is clueless. Cal has been a hard sale for awhile. I thought he surrounded himself with a staff and players that could overcome it, but guess not.

Nobody is happy. Can’t find a single soul OK with dropping two home games in a week to two of our biggest SEC rivals.

But your credibility is nil, Mr. Tic Tock rumor guy.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I wouldn't go that far. Our offense is fun to watch when the right guys are healthy. We just need a consistent top 50 defense. We would be able to outscore anyone at that point, imo. It's not too late to fix, but it's going to take a lot of effort. 2 good weeks of defensive performances and we would easily be around a top 50 D efficiency. We jumped almost 30 spots after Arkansas, then fell the same after UT.
False. Our offense is fun to watch when Cal doesn't have a choice but to play them. Guys being "sick" and taking extra long to get back is also tied to who he chooses to play.

False. Our offense is fun to watch when Cal doesn't have a choice but to play them. Guys being "sick" and taking extra long to get back is also tied to who he chooses to play.
I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 games all year where the offense wasn't as fun. Even Saturday the offense still had plenty of fun moments.

You guys and this whole "who he chooses" nonsense is comical. All the guys who should be playing play a good amount of minutes are. The only one who would be good to see more of is Z and he has been eligible all of 2 weeks. And all we heard prior to him playing was how raw and behind he was. And that was from non-UK and non-Cal people. So he likely is behind.

Starting the same thread everyday is not going to convince anyone that you have a source and that Cal is 98% gone after this season.

Take the L and move on man
So when he “leaves” what will you say then? Just a lucky guess? Or will you give credit where credit is due? At the end of the day I’m still a Kentucky fan and want what’s best for the program, I’m allowed to talk about whatever I want even if you don’t agree

These Calipari defenders are the same ones that told us that Tubby deserved another year & that Gillispie deserved more time & that Joker Phillips needed more time. They are dumb downed to a point that they have accepted the demise of our men's basketball program.

I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 games all year where the offense wasn't as fun. Even Saturday the offense still had plenty of fun moments.

You guys and this whole "who he chooses" nonsense is comical. All the guys who should be playing play a good amount of minutes are. The only one who would be good to see more of is Z and he has been eligible all of 2 weeks. And all we heard prior to him playing was how raw and behind he was. And that was from non-UK and non-Cal people. So he likely is behind.
What's comical is you claim to have only seen this mismanaged offense in a game or two. Watch more games. It's not just about minutes each player gets. It's what you do and don't do in that time.

Reactions: cathouse
These Calipari defenders are the same ones that told us that Tubby deserved another year & that Gillispie deserved more time & that Joker Phillips needed more time. They are dumb downed to a point that they have accepted the demise of our men's basketball program.
They are also losers in their personal and professional lives, so it’s natural for them to defend a loser on social media to validate that they aren’t the only loser!

Who cares what they think? Do you believe that their voices are squashing yours and ruining our chance to get rid of Cal? I don't get the obsession around here with them vs. us.

EDIT, and just above are two examples. @TFCats11 how do you know the people defending Calipari are in fact personally and professionally losers? And how do the defenders believe the haters are losers? Where does this even come from? "Someone doesn't think like me so they must be absolute morons with shitty personal and career lives".

EDIT 2 - this is in no way coming to defend the defenders, or speaking up for Calipari. I'm ready for a new path, I'm just not as assholish about it as others.

MB loves the control he has over Cal... neither are leaving. we are ****in screwed

I don’t know what happened with Cal but he’s done for. He’s so stubborn he won’t change in all the ways he needs too. He’s even back to going psychotic on the sideline.

Ehh, most people are going to be pretty rational about it and remember that just 2 weeks ago we were ranked top 6 and the talk of the college basketball world. Then we have had a rough 2 weeks since. We now sit at a rock bottom #17.

I was hoping for a defensive turnaround in November. It's February and we've gotten worse, if that's even possible. By this time it is what it is. But we aren't even playing the same offense as we were. First half UGA was the peak and it's easy to see. Teams should be getting better by now not worse. We are slow footed on defense and soft. Every team is quicker/stronger than we are by a large margin.

He's not behind, Einstein. He didn't play the way Cal wants him to. He made three consecutive threes instead of planting himself in the paint like the dead tree of Gondor. So now he's being punished.

Who cares what they think? Do you believe that their voices are squashing yours and ruining our chance to get rid of Cal? I don't get the obsession around here with them vs. us.

EDIT, and just above are two examples. @TFCats11 how do you know the people defending Calipari are in fact personally and professionally losers? And how do the defenders believe the haters are losers? Where does this even come from? "Someone doesn't think like me so they must be absolute morons with shitty personal and career lives".

EDIT 2 - this is in no way coming to defend the defenders, or speaking up for Calipari. I'm ready for a new path, I'm just not as assholish about it as others.
The arguments used by the Cal defenders are a) irrational and b) identical to the excuses Cal and his staff are using. You don't find that the least bit interesting?

Reactions: KFuqua
I still believe!

• Haha
Reactions: Jamal Mercer

And Bradshaw isn't behind? I HATE calling out players but my man looks like he's played basketball for about a year.

I’m not assholish about it either man. But we care because those fans are justifying this bs and making it worse. Never said because their is different they are morons. They are morons because they have watched a large sample size of dogshit results and keep on defending it

I don’t know what happened with Cal but he’s done for. He’s so stubborn he won’t change in all the ways he needs too. He’s even back to going psychotic on the sideline.
He watches Reed and Rob get burnt on defense every game because they free style instead of staying position and doesn’t do a damn thing about it. He gets cooked on out of bounds plays daily and doesn’t do anything about it

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
I was hoping for a defensive turnaround in November. It's February and we've gotten worse, if that's even possible. By this time it is what it is. But we aren't even playing the same offense as we were. First half UGA was the peak and it's easy to see. Teams should be getting better by now not worse. We are slow footed on defense and soft. Every team is quicker/stronger than we are by a large margin.
I never thought this team would be elite on defense, but I did think they’d be serviceable at this point in league play. I agree on the offense. Yeah, we dropped 90+ but the crispness we saw is gone.

Yet another team where the regualr season hasn’t meant much and we all got to sit around and hope some light goes off come March.

Reactions: jedwar
Easy, they are living in the past...and not really looked at the team performance since 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT