ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee for 2017

Man he has a terrible offensive line lol. Should be good practice for him though, help him to get the ball out of his hands faster.

He literally gets hit on every throw. Still delivers a good ball. I heard he was one of 3 guys we targeted at qb so this is not a reach or under the radar guy. He's the real deal.

He literally gets hit on every throw. Still delivers a good ball. I heard he was one of 3 guys we targeted at qb so this is not a reach or under the radar guy. He's the real deal.

Yep..apparently his recruiting is really heating up too..I saw where he was one of the top players at the IMG 7-on-7 camp in Florida and that's where his stock really shot up..I wouldn't be surprised to see him get bumped up to a 4-star at some point..it's really kind of amazing how Stoops and Co. are able to find these guys so early in the process..even when they're hundreds of miles away in enemy territory (Florida)

#2, the receiver, looks great also. Anyone know who he is? He's big with good hands and plays on the outside.

That is his Sophmore video footage. He should be much better than that by next year. Should really fallout and gain a lot of strength.

Reactions: jnewc2
It's good to get in early on a kid, but its 19 months or so before he can sign. A lot can happen in that time. The coaches have to look far ahead and juggle a lot of options. It's a wonder they have any time left for their coaching duties. It's not a job for weaklings.

Reactions: robo222
Lil suprised they took a QB commit this,early. Seems we would be in hunt for high 4 star and maybe 5 star qb's after hopefully having a great offensive year. 1 thing I know is Stoops and company can find talent. He seems accurate and quick delivery.

He looks really raw, but he looks like he has really good anticipation/accuracy for a guy that young (playing against great HS competition)..like his quick decision making too..looks really good for only a sophomore

Lil suprised they took a QB commit this,early. Seems we would be in hunt for high 4 star and maybe 5 star qb's after hopefully having a great offensive year. 1 thing I know is Stoops and company can find talent. He seems accurate and quick delivery.

I think he has a high ceiling..I think they probably felt like the risk was worth the reward..he really showed out at the 7-on-7 in Florida with some of the nation's best and really turned a lot of heads..if nothing else it's good to recruit at least one QB in every class just because you don't know who's going to pan out and who's not

Reactions: woodson991
QBs are deciding earlier and earlier. A lot of quarterbacks in the 2017 class will decide before next Spring.

Reactions: ctroberts1024
#2, the receiver, looks great also. Anyone know who he is? He's big with good hands and plays on the outside.

I thought so too so I went on a quest to find him. His name is Tyrell Moorer and he was a senior in '14. He currently is at Ga Southern and was moved to LB. His GS bio said he caught 112 passes at Bolles.

Been looking for some '17 commits, glad to get a QB out of the way. Since UK has few juniors leaving next year, 13 I think, I look for the '17 class to be small, like 17-18.

Reactions: catben
Kid looks good. Especially since that was a Soph season tape. My guess he could still add another 2 or 3 inches to his height and a lot of good weight. The arm strength will come. Like the accuracy and decision making.

Reactions: 2blue4u
Dawson has him in the top 3 of his want list so no surprise at all. If you can lock up a qb early so he can start recruiting for you and preparing for your scheme then it's what you do now. they said they would go after a big time qb in this class and this kid is it.

He is kind of slight but he has 2 more year in high school to bulk up a bit.

The best thing about him is that he only needs to really work on adding weight. His arm is pretty strong but will get stronger just by adding weight. He has great feet, throws a very accurate ball. Really glad we got him on board this early. He's already been recruiting Wills and Kurt Taylor for us pretty hard.

NEW: UK lands three-star quarterback Mac Jones, who's ranked as the No. 17 pro-style QB in the class of 2017 http://bit.ly/1GVzkSP

New UK offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson recruited Jones as an assistant coach at West Virginia and continued to evaluate him after joining the Wildcats staff last December.

Dawson said he does some things that are natural and you can't teach.

You can tell in the video that the kid has big hands. He will be similar in build to Hoak before he graduates.

the recent new trend in recruiting is to snatch up your QB commits as fast as possible. We were a little behind that trend for 2016, thankfully we still got a good one in Hoak. Glad we have taken care of the '17 class with this important position as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we signed 2 QB's, in either 16 or 17.

This kid is a stud. Look at his video and there is no denying the talent. The best part is he will have 2 years to get better while Towles and Baker are playing unless they go pro early. The coaches seem to know who the want and get them on board ASAP. Great pick up and this is the type of young man that will fit in perfect here and be a leader.

Cool thing about our system is you don't have to be a 5 star to thrive. The air raid is made for qbs who are consistent, accurate, and can handle multiple offensive sets. You don't have to be a 70 yd slinger who runs a 4.5 and weighs 230. Look at Texas tech. I think jones ends up at least being a 4 star on one site which only makes it better to mention the fact Dawson loves him.

I like the way he brings his right knee through his throws and follows through which keeps his passes down. He doesn't seem to have his head on a swivel while reading the coverages but the receivers are wide open on many of these highlights. If his mechanics are solid then he can leap forward as a college QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT