ADVERTISEMENT

Wright State @ Kentucky (Sunday)

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008

Wow..wholesale changes for UK as Church and Felker debut this season. Gray goes to the top.

Pitre still at 4 though. Feels a touch desperate.

Byars has really struggled the first seven games so not surprised to see a few other guys get a chance. With McCarthy hitting a homer yesterday and Waldschmidt having a tough series, guess I'm not that surprised to see him sit this one out. Don't think that will be a long term thing, though.

Well, I am not upset with changes. You can't lose to a Wright State giving up so many runs and expect to do well in the SEC. The hitting has not been timely given how many runners we have left on base. I think it sends a message that we can't afford mediocre outings.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Chasing another pitcher. Bases loaded with two out. Too bad we slid from 20 feet away from 2nd to get an easy out in this inning. McCoy up, remember he's a baseball player, not a doctor.

I wonder how many of those strikeouts by Lee have been swinging at that souped up fastball. They can't seem to catch up to it.

Piecoro's call of that ball being "scolded" had me chuckling for a few outs.

Seems like the team took offense at losing to Wright State yesterday and took it out on them today. Really looked sharp other than McCarthy's slide too early. 15-0 and still 11 LOB. It is pretty obvious that Wright State ran out of pitching but the Cats pounded them into submission rather than just winning.

Burke’s is looking pretty good so far. He had a nice SEC tournament last year and I was hoping he would come on.

Burke’s is looking pretty good so far. He had a nice SEC tournament last year and I was hoping he would come on.

Yea that was a curiosity for me coming in. Sometimes a guy is just on a heater. Looks like it was no heater for Burkes and he's dialed in.

2-0 on the season.

2 series wins.

I think it is going to be interesting to see how this schedule shakes out. So far, the only teams on our NC schedule prior to the conference slate are Elon (4-3) and Morehead State (8-0). Evansville, Wright State, Indiana State, Murray State, and Ohio are all 2-5 while Southern Illinois is 3-5 and Indiana is 3-4. Indiana State has probably played the toughest schedule so far, having played Miami and Iowa, but they also got swept by Northeastern. None of the weekend opponents have played an overly difficult schedule to start this early season, so would hope to see them with better records to start. Still, we will see how it shakes out with them in conference play.

Reactions: KYExtemper
I was at the game on Sunday, was very pleasantly surprised. Lots of clutch hitting, which was absent most of the first few games.

Crowd was great for an early season OOC game. Hope we go on a run against the soft spot in our schedule.

I was at the game on Sunday, was very pleasantly surprised. Lots of clutch hitting, which was absent most of the first few games.

Crowd was great for an early season OOC game. Hope we go on a run against the soft spot in our schedule.
Good to hear they had a nice crowd.

Beer brings them in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT