ADVERTISEMENT

Wooga Poplar

What's everyone's thoughts on Poplar? He just entered the transfer portal.

Pretty solid guard, one of the only good outside threats Miami had and when he got hurt they crumbled as we all saw. He was instrumental in their run 2 years ago I believe. They had Wooga, Isaiah Wong, and Nigel Pack was the star.

fab5711f-d30f-4acc-a38f-42cd15e92b41_text.gif

Miami was one of the handful of teams that were worse than us on Defense. Probably a system thing, like it was here. I can't imagine a player being that athletic and not being able to play Defense if properly instructed. Even half assed defense would be better than watching guards get beat and praying a big could swat a shot or two. Sorry about that soapbox...that spot is still a little tender, I reckon. Wooga can play, though.

Pretty solid guard, one of the only good outside threats Miami had and when he got hurt they crumbled as we all saw. He was instrumental in their run 2 years ago I believe. They had Wooga, Isaiah Wong, and Nigel Pack was the star.
Cornering the market on great names.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I was impressed with Poplar when UK played Miami this season. He scored 19 and showed a lot of ability. Nigel Pack is the ballyhooed Cane who contributed zilch.
I agree and Poplar seemed to be the only go that showed up in that game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Fun to make a all-name team from the available portal/unsigned lists. Would be great to hear the announcers cover this team:

Starters:

PG – Boogie Fland (recruit)

SG – Wooga Poplar (portal)

C – Great Osobor (portal)

SF – Otega Oweh (portal)

PF – Nana Owusu-Anane (portal)

Bench:

PG – Primo Spears (portal)

SG – Oziyah Sellers (portal)

C – Somto Cyril (recruit)

SF – Andrej Stojakovic (portal)

PF – Favour Aire (portal)