ADVERTISEMENT

Wooga Poplar not invited to the NBA combine. Full list (includes Reeves).

The NBA guys are looking into the future. They want kids who's best days are in front of them. The guys not invited like Wooga and Wells? Essentially the NBA people feel like those guys have peaked....they are not going to get any better than they currently are.
I get how it's annoying when we can all see some players not invited are clearly better than those who were.... just gotta remember it's not about "now" it's about "several years from now"
That's what I keep telling my dad. What I worry about is that the nba is killing college bball by taking all the stars before they are actually ready. Viewership numbers haven't been great for college in a while. UK vs UNC this year only got 3 million viewers.... I think Iowa played a conf football game that day and got 11 million views.

The nba needs to adjust when they draft kids or they'll turn into a fancier And1 league.

The NBA guys are looking into the future. They want kids who's best days are in front of them. The guys not invited like Wooga and Wells? Essentially the NBA people feel like those guys have peaked....they are not going to get any better than they currently are.
I get how it's annoying when we can all see some players not invited are clearly better than those who were.... just gotta remember it's not about "now" it's about "several years from now"
That doesn't explain Bronny. He has demonstrated nothing at all to make people believe that he has NBA potential other than being the son of an influential father.

I know right!?!?!? We really need one of Poplar, Wells, or Robinson. Ideally, we land one of them and add a depth piece at the PF or PG.
I like where the roster is at but I feel like a few more pieces would be critical to get us over the hump.

I rank them as Wells, then Robinson, then Poplar in order of who I want most. 2 of the 3 is a big win.

Since Davis is going to Arkansas instead of Kentucky I hope he's over-rated and just got hot like one game Edwards.

Reactions: mbg4171
That's what I keep telling my dad. What I worry about is that the nba is killing college bball by taking all the stars before they are actually ready. Viewership numbers haven't been great for college in a while. UK vs UNC this year only got 3 million viewers.... I think Iowa played a conf football game that day and got 11 million views.

The nba needs to adjust when they draft kids or they'll turn into a fancier And1 league.
A lot of people say the college game is bad now. Because there's no stars. 2009-2019 was insane. Look at all the talent that passed through the NCAA. Zion, AD, Wall, Fox, Shai, KAT, Bam, Monk, Booker, Barret, etc etc. The game has been lacking in star power for a while. Zach Edey? Luke Garza? Oscar? Ehhhh.

A lot of people say the college game is bad now. Because there's no stars. 2009-2019 was insane. Look at all the talent that passed through the NCAA. Zion, AD, Wall, Fox, Shai, KAT, Bam, Monk, Booker, Barret, etc etc. The game has been lacking in star power for a while. Zach Edey? Luke Garza? Oscar? Ehhhh.
Yep. All those stars left a year or 2 too soon. Booker never had a MJ moment in college. Danny Manning didn't pan out too well in the nba but he earned so much swag for his tournament run that people still tuned in to watch him play. It's like they don't realize nobody watches the Dleague but they think they can turn college into Dleague and people will still watch. LOL.

There is a reason college ball was popular and then people tended to follow names they know into the pros. Most people have never heard of half the guys in the nba until they become stars in the nba.

Reactions: RunninRichie

The nba is already a trash league. Don’t think it ever gets fixed.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
The nba is already a trash league. Don’t think it ever gets fixed.
It gets fixed when Adam Silver retires. He’s the root problem with the NBA. The game was amazing under Stern. The players are spoiled and entitled under Silver. The game is a complete joke now too. Wanna wear home colors on the road? Sure! Wanna sit out games because you don’t feel like doing your job? Sure! Wanna punch players and not get fined? Sure! Stern would never stand for the current NBA.

Since Davis is going to Arkansas instead of Kentucky I hope he's over-rated and just got hot like one game Edwards.
I hate to say this and am wish I didn’t have to , lol. But yeah he’s damn good and I really wish we could’ve gotten him. He’s a bad man but he had a hell of a team last season with a bunch of experience with him that had played together for a while. Now he’s still a really good player and leader but we’ll have to see how it goes trying to lead thes big time five star guys who think they should be the man. lol. They’ll have a pretty good team, but I don’t think they’ll do anything and if they win a game in march it’ll surprise me for sure. Who the heck knows but I sure like what Kentucky has brought in and we’re going to be a tough out by anyone. I’m hoping we add a couple more big time guys to put us in that top level and believe we will, I think we’re very close to that as is.

It gets fixed when Adam Silver retires. He’s the root problem with the NBA. The game was amazing under Stern. The players are spoiled and entitled under Silver. The game is a complete joke now too. Wanna wear home colors on the road? Sure! Wanna sit out games because you don’t feel like doing your job? Sure! Wanna punch players and not get fined? Sure! Stern would never stand for the current NBA.
Perhaps but I think the game has been allowed to deteriorate to the point from a rules standpoint that alone may be hard to return to. Post players being allowed to bump their way down as low as they want to get for dunk or lay in, palming the basketball is now part of every “normal” dribble, how many steps is one allowed now before a travel is called? I do agree stern ran a great NBA but I do believe silver was sterns choice to replace him (may be mistaken on that) but I also figure silver will turn it over to someone like minded like him. Drafting on potential has ruined the game for me as well as always more of a college fan than NBA but it was fun watching players grind it out in college for 4 years (3 on the rare exceptions) and then follow their careers into the NBA. Just don’t ever see that coming back either and likely be straight from HS allowed before returning to an NFL like 3 year rule required.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Our fans need to understand this. Pope needs to increase the talent he’s recruiting drastically.
It took Hurley a few years. The portal wasn't what it is now but you have to give Pope a couple years. I'm sure we will be recruiting higher talent level in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT