ADVERTISEMENT

Wooga Poplar not invited to the NBA combine. Full list (includes Reeves).

There's also a G-League Camp the 10-12th and some guys play their way into the NBA Combine once many of these guys decline to participate. Some players will just go and talk with agents and then they fill spots for a few guys who play well the previous days at G-League Combine.

College coaches can go to the Combines and talk with players/agents/NBA teams to get a feel for what is going to take place. I'd expect UK to have a presence there for some part but May 17-19th is the first evaluation period for '25 guys this Spring/Summer.

Jaylen Wells wasn’t there either surprisingly. Unless I missed his name
I know right!?!?!? We really need one of Poplar, Wells, or Robinson. Ideally, we land one of them and add a depth piece at the PF or PG.
I like where the roster is at but I feel like a few more pieces would be critical to get us over the hump.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Seems like the NBA has no interest in looking at Richmond, Davis or Lanier.
I think Robinson will stay in with any kind of decent reviews from the combine.
He's always going to be a player that has to break in as a two way.
I think the NBA also factors in the likelihood of a player staying in when giving out invites.

Reactions: mattrudd
That’s a freaking joke, like I’d be pissed if I was a dude like Wells whose game is 10x’s more ready for the pros than that underachiever. Always getting that bump up because of his name.
What makes it worse is that he will probably show up just for measurements and testing like he's a lottery pick.
I doubt Lebron will let him play in the actual 5 on 5.

He may try but his stock is so low I don’t think he can get away with it now.
Yeah anyone else would have to play but nothing about Bronny is going to be legit.
If he gets drafted it will be because Klutch/Paul/ Lebron cut a deal with a team.
Everything they done for Livingston will be 10X for Bronny.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Who is responsible for deciding these invites, and how much are they paid by the agencies? Bronny was invited, so that tells you right away that the process is pre-determined in some way for certain players.
The NBA guys are looking into the future. They want kids who's best days are in front of them. The guys not invited like Wooga and Wells? Essentially the NBA people feel like those guys have peaked....they are not going to get any better than they currently are.
I get how it's annoying when we can all see some players not invited are clearly better than those who were.... just gotta remember it's not about "now" it's about "several years from now"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT