ADVERTISEMENT

Wolford / Clink

Both coaches have similar connections to Stoops.
Old friend from the hood
Left Lexington for a better situation.
Clink has a son playing at Douglass so his family may still be here.
Would Stoops bring him back also?

If we're bringing back guys who supposedly burned all bridges when they left; then I would much prefer bringing back clink. He seemed a noticable better fit than Collins and made some time investment here.

Whereas wolf was just looking for a landing spot after his group failed spectacularly all season.

Clink was co-DC at Michigan, if he goes anywhere it's going to be for a DC position.

Mich is ready to make their coordinators the highest paid in the country. Up to 4.5m a year, but one is very likely going to be the head coach and Clink likely being the new DC with Minter following Harbaugh.

After seeing what happened to Bama when Saban retired they are in damage control mode to the roster.

Move Collins to LB coach
Move Mike Stoops to off the field analyst
Hire Clink, pay him $500k more than Michigan, make him Co-DC who's voice is just as important and as much authority as B White

I know this.
Michigan has trouble finding head coaches.
Minter is going to the Chargers.
Moore is not a Michigan Man so he wont get the job.
New coach, new staff.
I really enjoy watching my boys play high school football.

Mich is ready to make their coordinators the highest paid in the country. Up to 4.5m a year, but one is very likely going to be the head coach and Clink likely being the new DC with Minter following Harbaugh.

After seeing what happened to Bama when Saban retired they are in damage control mode to the roster.
Good point about Minter. Clink likely to be the only DC Michigan has left. Don’t think he’s coming back assuming Moore is their new head coach.

I know this.
Michigan has trouble finding head coaches.
Minter is going to the Chargers.
Moore is not a Michigan Man so he wont get the job.
New coach, new staff.
I really enjoy watching my boys play high school football.

I would agree with that 3-4 years ago. But today kids have 30 days to hit the portal if the head coach leaves. Just look at Bama's portal users, and Washington's too. Mich goes outside of current staff I think they see their roster raided just like Bama and Washington were.

Reactions: Blouman
I would agree with that 3-4 years ago. But today kids have 30 days to hit the portal if the head coach leaves. Just look at Bama's portal users, and Washington's too. Mich goes outside of current staff I think they see their roster raided just like Bama and Washington were.
Bama and Michigan will then raid everyone else’s roster when the portal opens again after spring ball. What a shitshow.

Reactions: Knoffs73
Definitely made CFB a 12 month a year sport to discuss and debate!

Definitely made CFB a 12 month a year sport to discuss and debate!

I don't see how things can keep going the way they are now, even professional leagues have salary caps and contracts that binds player to teams for a set tim. NCAA has no cap, NIL or NLI neither bind a player to a team. Teams are raiding rosters. How can things continue like this, it's just chaos. Then there is the amount of money being spent, multi million dollar deals being offered.

I don't see how things can keep going the way they are now, even professional leagues have salary caps and contracts that binds player to teams for a set tim. NCAA has no cap, NIL or NLI neither bind a player to a team. Teams are raiding rosters. How can things continue like this, it's just chaos. Then there is the amount of money being spent, multi million dollar deals being offered.
It'll be interesting watching how the NIL stuff develops in the coming years. I think eventually things will settle down somewhat. Millionaires/billionaires didn't become millionaires/billionaires by pissing away their money. They'll expect/demand results and if they don't get it the skrilla may dry up.

Please explain.
SEC portal rule. If an SEC player enters the portal after the winter period, Dec 4-Jan 2, they are ineligible to transfer to another SEC school and play that Fall. So if someone on Kentuckys team leaves after the spring they can't go to one of the other 15 conference schools. Now they just need to be in the portal, they don't have to pick a school before Jan 2.

So the only roster raiding Bama will be doing in April will be the rest of CFB

Reactions: The-Hack
A school on the level of Michigan won't be looking to hire Collins. Maybe someday. Needs to be lead recruiter on more 4* hs kids.

If an SEC player enters the portal after the winter period, Dec 4-Jan 2, they are ineligible to transfer to another SEC school and play that Fall. So if someone on Kentuckys team leaves after the spring they can't go to one of the other 15 conference schools.
I would have sworn we picked up Jacques Jones (Ole Miss) and Dare Rosenthal (LSU) the Summer prior to 2021, and they played the next regular season.

Maybe they were in the portal from the prior winter??

Jones entered the portal in the winter period. So it was OK to choose UK after Spring.

Dare Rosenthal was pre Portal, ancient NCAA transfer world. Got a waiver to transfer & be eligible

I would have sworn we picked up Jacques Jones (Ole Miss) and Dare Rosenthal (LSU) the Summer prior to 2021, and they played the next regular season.

Maybe they were in the portal from the prior winter??

If they entered the portal during first portal event they are free to go anywhere as long as they didn't remove their name. I don't know the dates of these particular kids but likely what happened.

Reactions: The-Hack
Bama won't be raiding SEC roster for 24 unless the conference changes rules
Doesn’t the portal open again right after spring practice??? Alabama to Deone Walker….. We will double what you’re making at UK come to Bama?? Why can’t they still raid rosters for 2024?? Please don’t say that’s tampering because Tennessee already openly tried to recruit Barion Brown from us. The NCAA is not enforcing tampering.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Doesn’t the portal open again right after spring practice??? Alabama to Deone Walker….. We will double what you’re making at UK come to Bama?? Why can’t they still raid rosters for 2024?? Please don’t say that’s tampering because Tennessee already openly tried to recruit Barion Brown from us. The NCAA is not enforcing tampering.
It
Is
Illegal

Bama after Spring can't raid or tamper UK or any of the other 15 SEC schools. Because the players would be deemed ineligible by the SEC office. And the SEC office has some damn teeth that the members respect, unlike the NCAA.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It
Is
Illegal

Bama after Spring can't raid or tamper UK or any of the other 15 SEC schools. Because the players would be deemed ineligible by the SEC office. And the SEC office has some damn teeth that the members respect, unlike the NCAA.
Then why is Tennessee not been disciplined by the SEC??? They openly offered money to brown before our bowl game?? Brown also confirmed the contact and offer. Big Deone has also said he’s been contacted by other teams trying to lure him away.

Been said here a couple time, but unless rules change a football player at an SEC cannot transfer to another SEC and be immediately eligible unless they enter the portal during the Dec to early Jan portal. If their name stays in the portal they can wait till August to decide where to go. SEC kids entering the portal after spring practice cannot transfer to another SEC school and be immediately eligible, but can transfer anywhere else and be eligible.

Then why is Tennessee not been disciplined by the SEC??? They openly offered money to brown before our bowl game?? Brown also confirmed the contact and offer. Big Deone has also said he’s been contacted by other teams trying to lure him away.

Now I am not accusing UK players of anything, but it's going to take more truth than a rival's players saying someone tampered. If not coaches could just tell a couple player to say school X contacted me and offered me X dollars to transfer there. But Brown's timeliness would put him entering the portal during winter period which opens up being eligible at other SEC schools

Now I am not accusing UK players of anything, but it's going to take more truth than a rival's players saying someone tampered. If not coaches could just tell a couple player to say school X contacted me and offered me X dollars to transfer there. But Brown's timeliness would put him entering the portal during winter period which opens up being eligible at other SEC schools
Exactly. And this is why tampering is rampant. CMS has also said many times in his addresses that this is what’s going on and the world we live in now. It’s hard to prove so teams do it and the NCAA doesn’t even try to enforce it. I don’t believe for a second we didn’t contact Vandagriff BEFORE he was in the portal. Everyone is doing it. Even us with choir boy Barnhart.

Ok so you are talking about 2 issues. Bama can't raid UK or any SEC team post spring. Impossible. SEC won't allow them to bring in any SEC transfers, nor UK, or the other 14. The only raiding the Bama message boards are talking is Michigan....they are shopping the Wolverines roster like Amazon and picking who they want their NIL to go after.

Now the issue of tampering... yeah, everyone does it, nobody is ever gonna be punished for it. Tampering happened under the old ancient sit out a year transfer rules. Just 1 of those things that is what it is.

Exactly. And this is why tampering is rampant. CMS has also said many times in his addresses that this is what’s going on and the world we live in now. It’s hard to prove so teams do it and the NCAA doesn’t even try to enforce it. I don’t believe for a second we didn’t contact Vandagriff BEFORE he was in the portal. Everyone is doing it. Even us with choir boy Barnhart.

UK wasn't the only school contacting him before he was in the portal, but I know ETN decided where he was going pretty quick too. In today's world you snooze you lose. FSU has been tampering with our roster since Norvell got there. I hope that's the reason Kirby put 60 on them.

But BV wants to play, he didn't beat out Beck and no guarantee he was going to beat Stockton out either. So he was out, AU was after him hard.

Move Collins to LB coach
Move Mike Stoops to off the field analyst
Hire Clink, pay him $500k more than Michigan, make him Co-DC who's voice is just as important and as much authority as B White
Michigan seems prepared to offer him about twice as much as what Brad White is currently making. Not gonna happen here.

Reactions: LosGatos
UK wasn't the only school contacting him before he was in the portal, but I know ETN decided where he was going pretty quick too. In today's world you snooze you lose. FSU has been tampering with our roster since Norvell got there. I hope that's the reason Kirby put 60 on them.

But BV wants to play, he didn't beat out Beck and no guarantee he was going to beat Stockton out either. So he was out, AU was after him hard.

...and contact in this regard works both ways. Families of players reach out to schools to gage interest and opportunity as well. We don't know who starts the ball rolling in many cases. There's a whole agency subculture created by the open transfer rules and National Sponsorship Initiative (NIL).

Once a name surfaces as interested it's a frenzy. Every decent program knows exactly who they'd like on a given roster. UGA to YSU, they know. Some don't need to hunt the portal. Some do. It's a mess no matter how you look at it, and doesn't always pan out for transfers or their new schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT