ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats vs Racers ( Tues. )

Apr 9, 2016
Actually going to play the game, I am somewhat surprised. Weather will be COLD, but they are young and Restless. UK is 11-6 on the season, while MSU comes in at 9-6.
The Racers recently overcame a 9-0 deficit and rallied for a 13-12 OVC win over SIU-Edwardsville, so they have a confident feeling about themselves, no doubt.
UK won the last meeting in 2016 in Brooks Stadium in Paducah 4-1.

Game is actually on the SEC network. Murray State with a 3-0 lead, and bases loaded, only 1 out. Thompson already 34 pitches, 1 walk, and 2 HBP.

Not playing extremely well here this afternoon. Thompson having a rough day and he is done here in the top of the 4th. UK down 4-3 with MSU still working in the top of the 4th.

Salow comes on with 1 out and a 2-0 count on the batter, gets the final 2 outs to preserve a 9-7 UK victory, Cats now go to 12-6 on the season, and 10-0 at the Cliff !

Reactions: parrott
Gotta give Heady credit...4 dingers already...I've seen him look like he would never make contact if you gave him 10abs in a row, and now he is sitting on deuces driving them out LCF. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Old_Red
Can't find a
Gotta give Heady credit...4 dingers already...I've seen him look like he would never make contact if you gave him 10abs in a row, and now he is sitting on deuces driving them out LCF. Unbelievable.
Can't find any video anywhere?

Well, we're prepped for the weekend. I'm sure the boys are anxious to get to the warm weather of Texas and another chance at beating a top 25 team.

If you told me before the season that leading up to SEC play Connor Heady was leading the team in home runs I'd probably have you admitted or think that we were one of the worst hitting teams in the country. Mad props to Heady!

Well, we're prepped for the weekend. I'm sure the boys are anxious to get to the warm weather of Texas and another chance at beating a top 25 team.

If you told me before the season that leading up to SEC play Connor Heady was leading the team in home runs I'd probably have you admitted or think that we were one of the worst hitting teams in the country. Mad props to Heady!
He was highly regarded coming out of HS, and he is finally realizing his potential. Good to see, happy for him !

He was highly regarded coming out of HS, and he is finally realizing his potential. Good to see, happy for him !

Yea, I believe he was rated the 88th best player in the country out of high school. Still, I didn't think we'd see him leading the team in dingers. This year I was just hoping to see him hit some base hits, work his way on base, and to be an average hitter. So far, he is well above average and is really becoming a dangerous hitter at the bottom of the lineup. Very happy for him and hope this continues for him.

By the way, I was looking back over the class of 2013... there were some really good pitchers that committed to UK in that year. Hunter Green, Clinton Hollon, and a kid from my home town Trevor Clifton. Clifton is a top 10 prospect in the Cubs organization. Clinton Hollon has battled some injuries received a 50 game suspension for the use of a banned substance in 2016, and I believe he was released by the Blue Jays. Hunter Green's status on the MiLB website says he voluntarily retired and seemingly only pitched just under 16 innings in 2013. Green apparently suffered some big time injuries that derailed his career. Both Hunter and Hollon were second round picks. Hope that Hollon can get his career on track and I wish Green the best of luck in life. They were ranked 28th and 29th overall in the 2013 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT