ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Your Crunch Time Lineup?

May 30, 2019
Tie ballgame at the under four-minute timeout. Who you rolling with?? For me:

Wagner-Sheppard-Reeves-Edwards-Mitchell

Look, Adou and Rob are "my guys" this season, but I think the lineup above is our best combination of scoring/defense. I'm hoping we can continue to keep a three guard lineup when it counts even when a big comes back. Once that happens I think Edwards gets the bump.

Wagner-Sheppard-Reeves-Mitchell-Bradshaw

Assuming we get healthy and can see them play up to expectations,

Shep - handles/makes decisions
Reeves - shooter
Wagner - Driver and another ball handler
Mitchell - Shooter for a big and good decision maker
Bradshaw - Shot blocker and plus defender

If DJ is not having a good game....then Dilly is easy call to replace.

KY has to get size on the floor eventually....we're getting killed on teh boards and the short lineups are hampering

Mitchell, Reeves, Sheppard and Thiero for sure. Whoever turns out to be the best team player between Dillingham and Wagner. Dillingham is better but sometimes makes a bad decision.

Reeves has not shown yet that he is consistently strong during clutch time. He is a great asset to this team, but he still needs to step up during high-pressure situations.

Reactions: deep3
Shep, Reeves, Wagner, Mitchell, Adou

Dillingham is to erratic gambles to much on defense prone to throw up crazy shots and Edwards I’m not 100% sold yet but last night was much better
I really like this team seem like great young men

I would probably lean Shep/DJ/Edwards/Adou/Mitchell right now. Wouldn’t want the ball in Thiero’s hands if the other team is fouling.

I don’t quite trust Dillingham to play under control yet, and Reeves combo of poor defense and blackholishness can be problematic in crunch time.

That being said, any game where those two are throwing darts could potentially change my mind.

If other team is small ball trying to get up some threes, I go with Reed, Wagner, Dillingham, Reeves, Mitchell. I think those guys will hit more than miss Freethrows (last night maybe not as much).

If they have a big and 4 guards then same line up. If they have a forward and big with 3 guards you drop reeves and pick up Adou right now. If we are talking Bradshaw and Big Z are available (we will not know till we seem them play).

Tie ballgame at the under four-minute timeout. Who you rolling with?? For me:

Wagner-Sheppard-Reeves-Edwards-Mitchell

Look, Adou and Rob are "my guys" this season, but I think the lineup above is our best combination of scoring/defense. I'm hoping we can continue to keep a three guard lineup when it counts even when a big comes back. Once that happens I think Edwards gets the bump.

Wagner-Sheppard-Reeves-Mitchell-Bradshaw
Well the most important piece of my “crunch time lineup” would be a different head coach. Everything else is secondary.

Reeves has not shown yet that he is consistently strong during clutch time. He is a great asset to this team, but he still needs to step up during high-pressure situations.
Totally agree, Reeves is a great shooter until game gets tight, can’t create his own shot, not bashing Im just saying late in a game im not sold on his handle and when he tightens up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT