ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next yahtzee?

If Smith doesn't commit by the time he starts school, start to wonder if something isn't up.

Who do you think will be the next commitment?
With only 16 seniors on scholarship this year, I doubt Stoops can take 25 new players. We already have 20 verbals. Maybe 2 or 3 more. Kobe Smith, Joe Henderson, Donta Evans, Demetri Moore, Darius Harper, Tino Ellis are possibilities but new names could emerge. Who is next. No 1 knows except our coaches.

With only 16 seniors on scholarship this year, I doubt Stoops can take 25 new players. We already have 20 verbals. Maybe 2 or 3 more. Kobe Smith, Joe Henderson, Donta Evans, Demetri Moore, Darius Harper, Tino Ellis are possibilities but new names could emerge. Who is next. No 1 knows except our coaches.

Yeah, I doubt they take more than 3 more in the '16 class. I look for no more than 17-18 in the '17 class too, maybe even less than that. UK has very few scholarship juniors. Should get back to a full 25 in '18.

Really getting down to the end of the '16 class. Maybe Kobe Smith, maybe Aime, maybe Henderson, maybe a LB. Probably only 3 more spots.

I'm hopeful we'll see some '17 commits soon.
Yeah, I doubt they take more than 3 more in the '16 class. I look for no more than 17-18 in the '17 class too, maybe even less than that. UK has very few scholarship juniors. Should get back to a full 25 in '18.
Counting Miggins and Bell, 13 scholarship juniors. Not counting Love and Hart, 18 scholarship sophomores.

If you guys don't think Stoops will process players out so he can take 25 next couple of years you are not watching the SEC leaders.

If you guys don't think Stoops will process players out so he can take 25 next couple of years you are not watching the SEC leaders.
i dont think we are gonna push guys out but they have told guys they probably are not gonna play and most have transferred but a couple wanted to stick it out. i know you want to justify being the poster child program of "over signing" but even if we do take 25/class it wouldn't touch ut. you guys find ways to skirt that rule every year.

i dont think we are gonna push guys out but they have told guys they probably are not gonna play and most have transferred but a couple wanted to stick it out. i know you want to justify being the poster child program of "over signing" but even if we do take 25/class it wouldn't touch ut. you guys find ways to skirt that rule every year.

We're not even close to the poster child.

Go south to tuscaloosa. Pushed out or told they won't play is to mince words.

You'll sign 25+

You'll sign 25+

You'll sign 25+

I don't know if we'll sign much over 25, but there's undoubtedly more room in the 2016 signing class than we know at this time. The usual attrition of academic/injuries/off the field issues will likely lead to 1-3 openings, plus I would imagine several little-used 4th year juniors will be "encouraged" to go ahead and graduate and go through Senior Day festivities against UL at the end of the season.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Vol fan :). Yeah, Alabama seems to mysteriously have guys go on medical scholarship, among other tactics to free up scholarship space.

You'll sign 25+
you signed 29 in '15, 31 in '14, and 22 in '13... that's 82 in 3 years and there is a 25 limit.... bama may be as bad but both you guys skirt the 25 limit like its an interstate speed limit... they won't pull you over unless it's 5mph or more over. LOL

both you guys bring in extra guys and then use spring ball as tryouts and keep the best and cut the rest loose. that's a big difference from what almost every other school does. yes we will bring in extra every once in a while but 99% is through normal attrition, injury, grades, or they want to play and cant crack the 3 deep. we are only bringing in 3 more this year. thats 23 with one of last years guys going to juco it is what was said earlier this spring that we'd take 22 in this class.

you signed 29 in '15, 31 in '14, and 22 in '13... that's 82 in 3 years and there is a 25 limit.... bama may be as bad but both you guys skirt the 25 limit like its an interstate speed limit... they won't pull you over unless it's 5mph or more over. LOL

both you guys bring in extra guys and then use spring ball as tryouts and keep the best and cut the rest loose. that's a big difference from what almost every other school does. yes we will bring in extra every once in a while but 99% is through normal attrition, injury, grades, or they want to play and cant crack the 3 deep. we are only bringing in 3 more this year. thats 23 with one of last years guys going to juco it is what was said earlier this spring that we'd take 22 in this class.

I pointed out elsewhere UT has run off players in double figures since the end of last season, the latest this past Fri. UT's the NCAA's snitch, they'll turn in anybody and UT will do whatever they want. I mean, my god, this is the school who openly used Trooper Taylor and his Florida street agents to funnel guys to UT. Ole Troop finally got in hot water AFTER he left UT and ended up at Auburn. The NCAA apparently is sniffing around Ole Miss. I'll guaran-damn-tee you UT is at the root of that little drama. Bitch about Alabama all you want, UT set the standard long ago.

Gotta agree with these guys. There is no point in trying to put coach up on some ivory pedestal. He did it with the dead wood from the Joker era, and will continue to do it when he finds dead wood in his own recruits. Thing is, I don't think he is quick to judge a player as beyond development. It will happen with some, but most of our attrition will be seen due to academics and discipline issues, not pink slipping..

You'll sign 25+

I love how TU and Transfer U use other renegade programs to justify their behavior, which they usually take to another level. I can't wait to see which one will be the first to use Attila the Hun to justify their behavior.

maxwell_smart.jpg

Gotta agree with these guys. There is no point in trying to put coach up on some ivory pedestal. He did it with the dead wood from the Joker era, and will continue to do it when he finds dead wood in his own recruits. Thing is, I don't think he is quick to judge a player as beyond development. It will happen with some, but most of our attrition will be seen due to academics and discipline issues, not pink slipping..

I don't think any UK fan thinks that Coach Stoops should have his hands tied with players he didn't recruit, but I will take a wait and see opinion if he does it to one of his own recruits.

I pointed out elsewhere UT has run off players in double figures since the end of last season, the latest this past Fri. UT's the NCAA's snitch, they'll turn in anybody and UT will do whatever they want. I mean, my god, this is the school who openly used Trooper Taylor and his Florida street agents to funnel guys to UT. Ole Troop finally got in hot water AFTER he left UT and ended up at Auburn. The NCAA apparently is sniffing around Ole Miss. I'll guaran-damn-tee you UT is at the root of that little drama. Bitch about Alabama all you want, UT set the standard long ago.

Lulz. Your tin foil hat is a little tight

I love how TU and Transfer U use other renegade programs to justify their behavior, which they usually take to another level. I can't wait to see which one will be the first to use Attila the Hun to justify their behavior.

Well. If Stoops signs over 19 (it will be 25) we will see if you lump your own coach in there.

I'm guessing it will be different or you'll justify it like you always do in your posts

There will be a commitment today. Not sure who. It definitely couldn't be Kobe Smith because he doesn't announce until tomorrow.

Well. If Stoops signs over 19 (it will be 25) we will see if you lump your own coach in there.

I'm guessing it will be different or you'll justify it like you always do in your posts
It won't be 25 unless more 2015 commits don't make it. 3-4 outstanding yet.

ADVERTISEMENT