ADVERTISEMENT

Who To Root For Saturday?

Except if Florida wins out and Kentucky loses at Tennessee then Florida is ahead of us we do need Florida to lose somewhere along the way in case we lost at Tennessee otherwise we are locked out of Thursday pretty much and possibly be the late night game 6 seed.

You are wrong once again.
For UK fans National Championships is what matters most. And how do you improve your chances/odds at winning one of those? By getting a better seed, not by having the all-time wins lead.
Nah, I'm not wrong, but that's okay that you disagree with me. I can live with that. You keep ignoring the nuance of what I'm saying, however.

Try this (and I'll emphasize the key words to help with my thinking): with this particular UK team, seed lines don't matter. Do they usually matter? Sure. On this point, you keep saying that overall sample size matters with tournament success, and generally you're right. They usually do. Yet, they don't matter as much with this team because we have (and count them with me) one, two, three potential all-Americans. How many other teams have that type of firepower? Can you name them? How many teams contending on the 3/4 seed line have that time of firepower? How many 1 and 2 seeds have that type of firepower? Can you name them?

So I get what you're saying, but with this particular team, all your hand wringing and fussing over seed lines should probably be minimized because this UK team could beat anyone in the tournament. We will have more talent than anyone, and literally the only thing holding us back is our youth. In some ways, we are like those 2011 and 2014 teams, but actually with more firepower than either of them.

So yeah, I'll stick with my contention. You can choose to see what I'm saying, or not. It doesn't matter to me. We can care about all-time wins and simultaneously understand that for this UK team, seed lines simply don't matter as much.

Here is an interesting thought. Kentucky might finish with a higher NCAA Seed then the SEC seed they get.
I can easily see the Cats a 5 or 6 seed in the SEC tournament but a top 4 NCAA seed.

Getting a Kentucky win has been hard enough! Although if we have to play an extra game in Nashville, this is the team I would feel most comfortable with due to our depth at every position.

Getting a Kentucky win has been hard enough! Although if we have to play an extra game in Nashville, this is the team I would feel most comfortable with due to our depth at every position.
I agree if coached right and we actaully use our depth in the very 1st game and play 10 players to keep the starters rested the extra game could actually help us in the 2nd game having already played.

We would play either Arkansas, Georgia or Vandy most likely in the 1st game (though not a lock)

I’m rooting for KU to lose out. How can KU losing really and truthfully hurt UK? It’s too early to really tell how seeding is going to play out. Right now KU is ahead of us in seeding projections. They keep losing and they fall below us and pushes us up.

Plus, there’s the whole all-time wins thing.

And with McCullar probably out the rest of the season, there’s a good chance KU struggles down the stretch.

• Love
Reactions: howercat
Florida and Auburn to lose

Kentucky beats Arkansas and Vandy, but loses to Tennessee the Cats will still own the 4th seed and doubly bye I believe.

Florida and Auburn to lose

Kentucky beats Arkansas and Vandy, but loses to Tennessee the Cats will still own the 4th seed and doubly bye I believe.
Really hard to see Auburn losing another game though. Miss State at home, @Missouri, home to Georgia.

Auburn has only 1 loss at home all year. Would need a near miracle for them to lose 1 more game.

Really hard to see Auburn losing another game though. Miss State at home, @Missouri, home to Georgia.

Auburn has only 1 loss at home all year. Would need a near miracle for them to lose 1 more game.

That's why winning out is imperative. Then it doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT