ADVERTISEMENT

Who To Root For Saturday?

Really hard to know without knowing if we will win out or not. If we win out it is pretty clear who we root for.
If we are going to lose 1 (assuming at Tenn) then it totally changes who we root for.

Probably the most important game of the day for rooting would be Miss State over Auburn as that would give them 6 losses and we would have tie breaker if we lost 1 more.

Florida vs South Carolina is a tough one to know who to root for. We need SC to lose all 3 final games to pass them. If we got into a 3 way tie with them not sure if we can win tiebreaker.

Alabama vs Tenn ? I mean who knows who to root for there

Sorry not rooting for Kansas over Baylor !!!!!!!!

Where are we at with that?

I found this tweet, seems about right?

Bama vs Tennessee and Florida vs. South Carolina are the 2 hardest ones for me.

Yeah, it's not easy to do but KU win over Baylor is better for us since we're nearly neck and neck with Baylor for NCAAT seeding. Bit further behind KU and less likely we surpass them anyways since they beat us.

I'm not sure Bama over UT is better for us.

Yeah, it's not easy to do but KU win over Baylor is better for us since we're nearly neck and neck with Baylor for NCAAT seeding. Bit further behind KU and less likely we surpass them anyways since they beat us.

Yeah let's think about this.

I truthfully don't know which one is better for us. Not sure we can catch either, but if we are the 4/5 seed, who would we want as our 1 seed? Bama or Tenn? I would lean Bama.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
It's hard to say. At this point we shouldn't worry about it. Dog crap losses have us most likely being 5 seed if we lose to UT as favored to do.

In that case we need to pray SC loses out. Highly unlikely.

Yeah let's think about this.

I truthfully don't know which one is better for us. Not sure we can catch either, but if we are the 4/5 seed, who would we want as our 1 seed? Bama or Tenn? I would lean Bama.
I guess I'm thinking about it in terms of what outcomes give us the best chance to just wind up as a top 4 seed in the SECT so we get that Thurs. bye. I just assume since we already have the H2H win over Bama, we have a better shot of finishing ahead of them (would win a tiebreaker unless it involves 3 teams or more then those get harder to understand) if Tenn beats them. Seems less likely we'll be able to catch UT. So, I'm inclined to pull for UT.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I guess I'm thinking about it in terms of what outcomes give us the best chance to just wind up as a top 4 seed in the SECT so we get that Thurs. bye. I just assume since we already have the H2H win over Bama, we have a better shot of finishing ahead of them (would win a tiebreaker unless it involves 3 teams or more then those get harder to understand) if Tenn beats them. Seems less likely we'll be able to catch UT. So, I'm inclined to pull for UT.

We aren't catching either if we don't win out. I think it's way more likely UT loses 5 if we win out as they play at bama and UK in addition to SC.

Don't see Bama losing more than 1 resr of way.

Central Florida over Iowa State
Wisconsin over Illinois

Home team wins possible and open spots above.
Don't need Wisconsin to win by a lot though.

We aren't catching either if we don't win out. I think it's way more likely UT loses 5 if we win out as they play at bama and UK in addition to SC.

Don't see Bama losing more than 1 resr of way.
Yeah I hear you. Going to be tough. Guess the best thing is to mainly hope for Auburn and FL to at least lose 1 more to finish in that top 4.

yes all those are correct. The Baylor is especially important as right now UK is fighting for a 3 seed and I could easily see us with one at the beginning of the week if Baylor loses and 1-2 more things fall our way. I seriously doubt we could get a 2 seed UNLESS we beat Tennessee then have run in the SEC and win it while beating the best the conference has to offer...

Where are we at with that?

I found this tweet, seems about right?

Bama vs Tennessee and Florida vs. South Carolina are the 2 hardest ones for me.

As much as I would like to win the SEC, being 2 games back we need to win out, and UT and Alabama combine for 2 losses in 3 games. That last part isn’t likely.
So I’m focused more on us getting a 3-seed, or possibly a 2-seed. So that means pulling for losses by Alabama, Auburn, Creighton, Duke, UNC. Kansas vs Baylor is interesting because both could be leaped by us.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
yes all those are correct. The Baylor is especially important as right now UK is fighting for a 3 seed and I could easily see us with one at the beginning of the week if Baylor loses and 1-2 more things fall our way. I seriously doubt we could get a 2 seed UNLESS we beat Tennessee then have run in the SEC and win it while beating the best the conference has to offer...
Yeah, we have to not lose another game before SEC-T final to get a 2.

I really only care if WE win. The rest just works its way out somehow.

I'll always root against Kansas, Duke, & ND. And only for UNC if they're playing one of the three other teams.

In conference, Oats, Pearl & Musselman are slimy as far as I'm concerned. So unless its above and beyond beneficial to the Cats, all the teams starting with "A" can suck it.

KU about to lose 3 games by tourney time though. With Mccullar out they will fall off. If he is coming back then I agree Baylor is our competition, of hes out Kansas will slide below us by tournament time.

How many times have people said: If Cal would just start Reed, we wouldn't start slow.

Now, you're proposing if we would just start Rob and Reed, we wouldn't start slow. Maybe. But it is the same thing people were saying about Reed in December. And that has proven wrong.

I think Rob and Reed and Reeves need to play as much together as possible. I don't think it matters if it's the 1st 5 minutes of the game.

If the opposing team outscores us when DJ is in the game, they're going to outscore us whether he's starting or on the bench. We can't play Rob/Reed/Reeves 40 minutes a game.

They played 42% of the offensive possessions against MSU. They played 55% of the offensive possessions when together when Rob wasn't in foul trouble. Cal has started to figure out the lineup. He just isn't starting them.
All-time wins lead >>>> than some stupid seed line.

There's a bigger picture here, people, especially with this Kentucky team where I feel like one single seed line will not make or break a team with three All-American level players.

There's a bigger picture here, people, especially with this Kentucky team where I feel like one single seed line will not make or break a team with three All-American level players.
Yep.

If KU were to lose today that would mean currently, they have not gained any games on us for the season.

Really in some ways that game is a win-win for us.

Reactions: Smashcat
That is the most important result the rest of the sec season. It 100% assures UK gets a bye.

99% chance it doesn't happen though lol.
Auburn can get cocky as hell sometimes and not play what they are capable of but at home Auburn is usually a different team

It's hard to say. At this point we shouldn't worry about it. Dog crap losses have us most likely being 5 seed if we lose to UT as favored to do.

Oh.... Did we have bad losses?

Wow was not aware of that. Thankfully you're on the case to continually point it out!

You are wrong once again.
For UK fans National Championships is what matters most. And how do you improve your chances/odds at winning one of those? By getting a better seed, not by having the all-time wins lead.

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Really hard to know without knowing if we will win out or not. If we win out it is pretty clear who we root for.
If we are going to lose 1 (assuming at Tenn) then it totally changes who we root for.

Probably the most important game of the day for rooting would be Miss State over Auburn as that would give them 6 losses and we would have tie breaker if we lost 1 more.

Florida vs South Carolina is a tough one to know who to root for. We need SC to lose all 3 final games to pass them. If we got into a 3 way tie with them not sure if we can win tiebreaker.

Alabama vs Tenn ? I mean who knows who to root for there

Sorry not rooting for Kansas over Baylor !!!!!!!!
#neverKansas #neverDuke

I understand the seeding etc…. But I’ll never root for Kansas to pick up a W. They get enough free ones at home

Reactions: westerncat

You are quite wrong. If we lose to UT, as expected on road at possible 1 seed. That doesn’t hurt us. It prevents us from getting a 2, and probably requires us to make SEC-T final for a 3.
As for bad losses. You can count on one hand how many teams don’t have a bad loss. Duke has losses worse than UK, as do some other teams currently predicted as 4’s or better.

Unless you are talking about being a 5 seed in SEC-T. In which case wouldn’t an Alabama win over UT tonight help us with any tiebreaker, since we would be 1-0 vs the likely 1st place team?

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
Oh.... Did we have bad losses?

Wow was not aware of that. Thankfully you're on the case to continually point it out!

My point is the bad losses have taken the sec regular season hopes out of our hands. 6th time n 7 seasons we aren't gonna win it. Pathetic.

You are quite wrong. If we lose to UT, as expected on road at possible 1 seed. That doesn’t hurt us. It prevents us from getting a 2, and probably requires us to make SEC-T final for a 3.
As for bad losses. You can count on one hand how many teams don’t have a bad loss. Duke has losses worse than UK, as do some other teams currently predicted as 4’s or better.

Unless you are talking about being a 5 seed in SEC-T. In which case wouldn’t an Alabama win over UT tonight help us with any tiebreaker, since we would be 1-0 vs the likely 1st place team?

Definitely meant in sec tournament.

To not be the 5 seed we need one of these to happen.

1. Win out. Easiest path to a double bye. 100%.
2. Auburn lose a game. If they don't lose today don't see them losing again so 5 losses.if we lose to UT we are behind them.
3. Alabama needs to lose out. Don't see it.
4. Sc needs to lose out. Their schedule is tough so maybe but would have preferred they lost one of last 2 games.

Now I don't 100% wins a 3 way tie between sc, uk and perhaps Florida at 12 and 6. Maybe we get lucky there.

Reactions: track42
The only 2 we can definitely say we want are...

Kentucky over Arkansas
Miss St over Auburn

I'd say we're just glad Alabama and Tennessee are playing each other. Someone's got to lose, and that's a good thing for us. 😀

Even if it means getting a 4 seed in the dance rather than a 3?

I’m not sure there’s a huge difference this year playing a 5/12 in the 2nd round vs playing a 6/11, to be fair. 3 seed would likely put us closer to home, but I’m not sure that really matters either.

We just need to hit shots. If we are scoring at a high clip and playing at least 10-15 minutes of solid defense every game, it’s gonna be difficult for anybody to beat us.

The only 2 we can definitely say we want are...

Kentucky over Arkansas
Miss St over Auburn

I'd say we're just glad Alabama and Tennessee are playing each other. Someone's got to lose, and that's a good thing for us. 😀

That’s where I’m at I think. I’ll add Florida over South Carolina too, though.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT