ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you more frustrated with?

Which Kentucky figure are you most frustrated with at this point?

• John Calipari

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Mitch Barnhart

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Both equally

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • Neither I'm happy with both

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Cal. Mitch should have never gave him the contract but at the end of the day the results and the program come from Cal, and if the money isn’t there to fire him then it’s just not there.

Both and I'll even add Eli and the board but I'm also frustrated with myself for letting this shit bother me so much.
I love the program tho.

Interested where everyone is right now
It’s in Cal’s nature to be an a-hole. Mitch has screwed up every major decision besides hiring Cal (which wasn’t his idea and had to be forced into apparently) and hiring Stoops.

OH and firing BCG but this is a no-duh situation. BCG had zero chance of coming back another year.

Last edited:
I'm most upset with the state of collegiate sports, in terms of NIL$$$ and the portal.
It's not going to change, of course, but it has taken a lot of my enjoyment and loyalty.

Reactions: BlueTick2
Cal. Mitch should have never gave him the contract but at the end of the day the results and the program come from Cal, and if the money isn’t there to fire him then it’s just not there.
Mitch is Cal's boss. Whether he likes that or not. Mitch let this crap run rampant for a decade. I get he had little power to do anything until after 2010 (and really after 2018) because Cal was Winning. Hard to do anything to a coach who just went 38-1 without looking bat-ish crazy

But Mitch is the LEADER of the athletic programs. Would you let a report drag your department into the mud? Heck no. So at a certain point it's on Mitch (and Cal too) for letting it continue.

If I come to you and say, "Hey, Little Johnny is stealing from the cash registers<" and you do nothing about it. Guess who's getting fired? You BOTH are.

In this situation, Barnhart is technically the "parental figure." He over sees the day to day actions of the basketball program. For him to allow all this to take place is nothing short of an abomination. Even worse, he put the program in a position now where they are unable to move on due to a horrendous contract. Both deserve the blame, but Mitch deserves more heat than he's getting in my opinion.

Mitch.

Cal is the criminal mastermind and you expect him to be criminal. Mitch is like this weird freak in a Batman suit pimping for the Joker. It’s unsettling.
Criminal? You're not the guy who got his weedeater stolen, are you?

I’ll say Mitch for sure with those options but I think it needs another.

The board and president are completely responsible for our university not putting our basketball program at the same level of importance it used to be. Barnhart is allowed to fail in basketball. Just think about a blue blood program that allows their AD to:

1. Try and retain Tubby in 2006
2. Hires Billy Gillispie
3. Doesn’t want to hire Calipari in 2008
4. Signs Calipari to the worst deal in the history of college basketball
5. Says he’s shocked when people wanted Calipari fired after the shit show the last 5 years.
6. Allowed anyone (especially Calipari for f sake) to completely isolate the Basketball program and run it for himself.

It’s unbelievable how Mitch has survived when this is what he does with the crown Jewel of the University and State. This shit show starts at the top, the board and the president. Judging by Louisville being reduced, it seems a lot of elitist men in the state don’t care about the basketball programs. Don’t know if that’s true, but it seems that way.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
I’ll say Mitch for sure with those options but I think it needs another.

The board and president are completely responsible for our university not putting our basketball program at the same level of importance it used to be. Barnhart is allowed to fail in basketball. Just think about a blue blood program that allows their AD to:

1. Try and retain Tubby in 2006
2. Hires Billy Gillispie
3. Doesn’t want to hire Calipari in 2008
4. Signs Calipari to the worst deal in the history of college basketball
5. Says he’s shocked when people wanted Calipari fired after the shit show the last 5 years.
6. Allowed anyone (especially Calipari for f sake) to completely isolate the Basketball program and run it for himself.

It’s unbelievable how Mitch has survived when this is what he does with the crown Jewel of the University and State. This shit show starts at the top, the board and the president. Judging by Louisville being reduced, it seems a lot of elitist men in the state don’t care about the basketball programs. Don’t know if that’s true, but it seems that way.
That’s not even mentioning his biggest debacle. Hiring Joker Phillips, a first time head coach, and basically giving him the absolute worst facilities to recruit with. It’s one thing to ask a first time head coach to compete in the SEC. It’s even more ridiculous to ask a first time coach in a nuclear arms race with a butter knife. IMO, he should have been removed at that point. That was just incompetence.

To be honest talk a lot of $h!t about Cal but I’m not really upset with him. I have my reservations about this next season. I really don’t care who the coach is, I just want to see the team win. I got no hard feeling towards Cal. Cal has done it before we’ve all seen it. Hopefully he gets back to that level because he’s who we got right now. If not we will see what the next guy can do.

That’s not even mentioning his biggest debacle. Hiring Joker Phillips, a first time head coach, and basically giving him the absolute worst facilities to recruit with. It’s one thing to ask a first time head coach to compete in the SEC. It’s even more ridiculous to ask a first time coach in a nuclear arms race with a butter knife. IMO, he should have been removed at that point. That was just incompetence.

Definitely. I was only referring to basketball and since that’s his most imortant job it’s alarming he’s still employed when you consider everything. He’s better where the pressure is lower. He’s not a guy that should be in charge of major programs in a conference like this.

And most of successes have come due to modern revenue streams. I can’t believe some people think this guy is the best AD we’ve ever had. Any of the rest would have probably far exceeded him with these resources.

For me it is Barnhart.

1. He should have hired Cal when he hired BCG.

2. He shouldn't have met Cals demands in 2019 after Cal had toyed with leaving for NBA 4-5 years earlier.

3. His inability to reign Cal in is on him. He is the AD. He calls the shots...but he doesn't. That is an issue. The NCAA often sites "lack of institutional control" when the drop penalties on schools. What Mitch has contributed to is just that.

Someone needs to find out who the 2 people are who voted “I’m happy with both”

Mitch has teamed up with Klutch, BLM, JMI, Antifa, the illuminati, and the deep state to destroy UK basketball. They’re trying to destroy us.

The money is there or at least it should be. You don’t include a buyout that large unless you’re able to possibly have to pay it out if things go south. Whether MB or wants to or not is the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT