ADVERTISEMENT

Who are Calipari's primary targets for 2012?

Jazzycat

All-American
May 23, 2002
Once again, the cupboard will be bare and UK will need a huge class from this group. Thanks!

Originally posted by yotekiller:
Shabazz Mohammad, Perry Ellis[/URL] , Archie Goodwin, Alex Murphy and L.J. Rose.

I would add:

drummond (probably a longer shot)
coleman
jp tokoto
kyle anderson

cal has had 3 #1 recruiting classes in a row and each of them have had multiple top 10 players in them. so they arent ranked by numbers like indiana and st johns final team rankings.

we could have 7 or 8 spots open. with so much room and cal hot and heavy on the recruiting trail, i dont see why he wont land 3 or 4 very elite players.

why bet against it at this point.

i think the other coaches are seeing what Cal is doing and are getting an early start. look at 2012, a lot of the elite has committed (relatively in reference to time). there is only 1 elite pg left, rose, and idk if we're a favorite considering twanhy (however you spell it). but i really hope we get rose, muhammed, and drummond. those are my 3 favorites from this class. coleman would also be nice. i dont know, but i dont think cal is gonna get 4 #1 classes in a row. it was incredible he got 3, but 4 is gonna be tough with all the talent either gone, not leaning towards UK, or a favorite hasn't been declared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT