• Bradshaw, Mitchell, Edwards, Reeves, Wagner

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Onyenso, Big Z, Thiero, Sheppard, Dillingham

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

ukfan1622

Junior
Jan 15, 2021
I'm just curious. That's our starters versus our best five on the bench. Of course, I don't think either lineup is our best five. That would be Wagner, Sheppard, Reeves, Mitchell, and Big Z, imo.

Reactions: G-PIP and CBBCrazy
Z needs to be in the lineup as a rest for Mitchell and play center when needed he has great talent also he needs to get alot of minutes.

I'm not just liking every post in my thread. It's just that so far all the responses have been sensible basketball conversation without a troll in sight. I appreciate it.

Sheppard and Thiero alone convince me of that second unit's dominance. They're both killers.

Add in Dillingham and a potential lottery pick in Big Z, and I'm going with the bench.
Does the all bold mean you feel very strongly about it?

I believe the trio of Wagner, REEVES, and Mitchell would be a tough matchup for the backups most nights . Also haven’t seen enough of big Z to have a good idea of we have exactly. I’ma say the starters win 6 outa 10 .

There is no way Edwards, Bradshaw and Mitchell could compete against Adou,, Onyenso, and Z! Reserves would be dominant on the board, then you throw in the highest ranked shooter in college basketball plus a high volume scorer. I would think 3 out of 4 to Shep, Z, Dilly, Adou and Onyenso.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
There is no way Edwards, Bradshaw and Mitchell could compete against Adou,, Onyenso, and Z! Reserves would be dominant on the board, then you throw in the highest ranked shooter in college basketball plus a high volume scorer. I would think 3 out of 4 to Shep, Z, Dilly, Adou and Onyenso.
Username checks out

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-McD
If it is a scrimmage and not on TV or viewed by people.,I believe Edwards leads his team to victory. If not, and it’s a sellout and the cameras are on, then it’s a coin flip.

Once Adou is cleared, UK will have 10 players that could start.

I am waiting for someone in the media to ask Cal about the "P" word...haha

it's starting to feel like practice will be tougher than games. good sign for number nine.

Once Adou is cleared, UK will have 10 players that could start.

I am waiting for someone in the media to ask Cal about the "P" word...haha
I actually think the only thing wrong with the "P" word was that when he did it he was giving each one equal minutes. There's nothing wrong with bringing in five at at time(if it's a talented bench) to give the starters a breather; it's just that you don't want your 10th best player and your best player to get the same # of minutes.
The only way it really works is if you start your best five and then bring in the 2nd group for 2-4 minute stretches.

I actually think the only thing wrong with the "P" word was that when he did it he was giving each one equal minutes. There's nothing wrong with bringing in five at at time(if it's a talented bench) to give the starters a breather; it's just that you don't want your 10th best player and your best player to get the same # of minutes.
The only way it really works is if you start your best five and then bring in the 2nd group for 2-4 minute stretches.

It worked fine until Poy got injured.

He shortened the rotation by March and played the starters more and we lost. It is what it is.

It worked fine until Poy got injured.

He shortened the rotation by March and played the starters more and we lost. It is what it is.
What I'm saying is that the reason doing it that way hurt recruiting is because the star players didn't like the idea of not getting any more minutes than the reserves. Bringing in the subs in waves has been used with success at various levels, just not in quite the way Cal was doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT