ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the Boom?

giphy.gif

They need one like this if we beat Louisville and/or Arkansas for a recruit

Reactions: BigKari
This next "Boom" should come AFTER all of the NBA Combine invitees or even the ones that weren't invited, figure out IF they will stay in the draft. The ones that Coach Pope would LOVE to have come to UK by deciding to return to a school have more than likely ALREADY been contacted.

I would imagine Robinson is NOT the ONLY one!!! I am in NO rush for this last BIG one!! We just need a difference maker!!

Reactions: westerncat
No, you didn’t. Pure speculation.
There was a tweet to that effect last night from some account that, at least from the outside, is made to appear connected. I can't find the tweet now, so it might've been deleted, but it definitely existed.

Edit: not saying it isn't speculation, but it's absolutely possible the poster saw something to their point.

Last edited:
There may be a flew claps of thunder associated with these showers that have popped up, but don't think any major booms will be heard. Very widely scattered also, some will get rain, some will not.

As far as UK signing anyone, I think all will be quite on the storm front for a week or so. Might get a boom before, but not likely.

Were not adding anymore other than Walk on I think. We got 9 players who should get minutes . Maybe we add another big as a back up but all intensive purposes I believe Pope is done

Pg - Butler/ Kerr
Sg - Oweh /Perry
Sf- Brea/Chandler
Pf - Carr /Garrison
C - Williams / Garrison

Were not adding anymore other than Walk on I think. We got 9 players who should get minutes . Maybe we add another big as a back up but all intensive purposes I believe Pope is done

Pg - Butler/ Kerr
Sg - Oweh /Perry
Sf- Brea/Chandler
Pf - Carr /Garrison
C - Williams / Garrison
He will add another backup to Carr and Robinson. He mentioned waiting for guys to finish the draft process when he was on ksr.

Pg - Butler/ Kerr
Sg - Oweh /Perry
Sf- Brea/Chandler
Pf - Carr /Garrison
C - Williams / Garrison

I prefer extensive purposes.

We're entering the awful time of year where there will be little to no sports besides baseball.

Pray your team is good.
Spring is a dead period for me. I cannot understand baseball's appeal at all. Outside of my interest in hockey (which, thanks to the Preds, died early this year), there's nothing but work.

And fishing. So there's that, at least.

Spring is a dead period for me. I cannot understand baseball's appeal at all. Outside of my interest in hockey (which, thanks to the Preds, died early this year), there's nothing but work.

And fishing. So there's that, at least.
I've liked baseball since I was little. I'm not uber into it like some are (stats junkies, etc) but I love America's pastime.

It's only a balm to me if the Braves are competitive though, and if he Reds are decent (as they take up nearly all my decent radio signals on my drive home so it's a boon if they are good and fun to listen to).

Tried fishing when I was younger, and while I enjoy the concept, boats aren't cheap, equipment isn't cheap, and my first experience with fishing was 8 hours in the hot sun and we caught next to nothing. I'm good, lol.

Pg - Butler/ Kerr
Sg - Oweh /Perry
Sf- Brea/Chandler
Pf - Carr /Garrison
C - Williams / Garrison
I think we definitely add a back up front court player. 3 is not enough. I think we also add a deep bench front court player who will only see major minutes if a starter or back up gets hurt.

I think, besides those additions, the staff will go after adding a star or two. Either from the portal or a high school reclass. Someone with the potential to be our go to guy(s). If we miss then I suspect some pretty meh additions to be there for development and/or if someone higher on the depth chart gets hurt.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I think we definitely add a back up front court player. 3 is not enough. I think we also add a deep bench front court player who will only see major minutes if a starter or back up gets hurt.

I think, besides those additions, the staff will go after adding a star or two. Either from the portal or a high school reclass. Someone with the potential to be our go to guy(s). If we miss then I suspect some pretty meh additions to be there for development and/or if someone higher on the depth chart gets hurt.
There are several we would sign. I've saw some visits coming up. They won't schedule a visit if they didn't want to sign someone. I hear Richmond is coming. Would be awesome. I would like to see another 4. Strong rebounder. I dont Think we just looking to fill the roster with anyone

There are several we would sign. I've saw some visits coming up. They won't schedule a visit if they didn't want to sign someone. I hear Richmond is coming. Would be awesome. I would like to see another 4. Strong rebounder. I dont Think we just looking to fill the roster with anyone
Well I said I believe they continue to pursue guys they believe are true stars/go-to guys. But if they fail to sign any targets in that range, or if we get them and guys leave because they won’t receive the time they expected, then you have to add who you can to fill out the roster. And typically the 11th, 12th, and 13th guy on the bench aren’t good players the year they arrive.

I know we all want 5th year all-American seniors who are at the top of the rankings for every spot on the roster (1-13) but that simply isn’t reasonable. People need to get comfortable with having 3-4 guys, at least, on the roster who aren’t expected to be major contributors. I know it’s not exciting but that’s just the nature of sports. Not just basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT