ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the Ky csnt stop mobile or backup Qb?

They will be here. All week long, decrying what Jalen Milroe will do to us next Saturday.

mArK sToOpS cAnT sToP mObIlE qBs!@#$%^!!!!

Hey, really? No shit Knute Rockne. Nobody does, it's why freaking running quarterbacks have dominated the sport since 2007. Tebow, Cam Newton, Manziel, Mayfield, Lamar, Kyler, Caleb Williams, didn't win Heismans and become 1st rounders from playing Mark Stoops defenses.

If people are honest, stopping QB read is something where white excels. We use a specific approach that kills the read. We shut down Anthony Richardson when he was on Heisman watch; and many others.

Where we struggled to an extent is when the QB drops back to throw them scrambles. This year we aren't good at all at contain because both weaver and deon love coming inside trying to get a sack. If they just played their role and stayed home, their sack numbers would be higher.

If bama uses QB run, and they will, it will probably be the more speed option or power look since UT has some success with that. UT really got us a few times with speed option when we loaded up inside to stop inside zone. Great play calling on their part.

Milroe is fast as hell. But he hates running, wants to be a pocket passer and only takes off if protection breaks down. Rarely does read option.

Best D against him is a "shell" rush. Rush 4, but not all out, keep him in the pocket and don't create lanes for him to bolt through. Make him beat you with throws underneath, keep safeties back covering deep shots.

LSU couldn’t contain BAMA or its QB last night and KY struggles with mobile QB’s so it doesn’t bold well for the BAMA game. KY will be lucky to stay within 3-4 TD’s.

KY struggles with mobile QB’s
Just as I predicted above

Right on cue. We will here this brilliant analysis all week

Tell us Tom, who in CFB doesn't "struggle" with mobile QB's? Can't say Saban. Not after what Cam and Johnny Football did to him, or Daniels last night.

Maybe Tom, just maybe, everybody "struggle" with mobile QB's? Possibly? That's why they are so successful, everywhere, all the time - not just against UK 2013-2023?

Just as I predicted above

Right on cue. We will here this brilliant analysis all week

Tell us Tom, who in CFB doesn't "struggle" with mobile QB's? Can't say Saban. Not after what Cam and Johnny Football did to him, or Daniels last night.

Maybe Tom, just maybe, everybody "struggle" with mobile QB's? Possibly? That's why they are so successful, everywhere, all the time - not just against UK 2013-2023?
Agree most teams do struggle with athletic running QB’s KY’s D will have a tall task trying to slow Bama’s down.

Reactions: The-Hack
Miss St is so down it’s hard to believe. They recruit the hell out of Louisiana and Texas but have a HS level coach. Kentucky score 17 points on offense against them which is eye opening 🍺

Milroe is fast as hell. But he hates running, wants to be a pocket passer and only takes off if protection breaks down. Rarely does read option.

Best D against him is a "shell" rush. Rush 4, but not all out, keep him in the pocket and don't create lanes for him to bolt through. Make him beat you with throws underneath, keep safeties back covering deep shots.

Pass rush integrity will be huge and we're poor in that department for reasons described above. Will be important vs south Carolina too

All the experts…..where you at?

Mississippi st fell down to Ky on road Moreso then Ky rising up to a good win…but I love all of the mad fans making up narratives

Where you at?
I mean he seriously is not that great of a running QB. In 6 of 9 games he has had less than 25 yards rushing which doesn’t scream Uber talented running QB. As far as the backup he was the backup and been playing all year unless you are referring to their 3rd string QB who clearly is not ready for SEC action. Kind of a weird post to try and call posters out on in an area we traditionally struggle with on a scenario that didn’t really fit. Hope that answers your question.

But but but, wait till next week.
I mean he seriously is not that great of a running QB. In 6 of 9 games he has had less than 25 yards rushing which doesn’t scream Uber talented running QB. As far as the backup he was the backup and been playing all year unless you are referring to their 3rd string QB who clearly is not ready for SEC action. Kind of a weird post to try and call posters out on in an area we traditionally struggle with on a scenario that didn’t really fit. Hope that answers your question.
He ran the ball wjtb Vsndy a year ago….and all the silly haters where in full force

-the backup Qb always looks like a heisman
- scramble Qb we can’t control

All butt hurt fans with little memory or sense. Miss st is hot garbage and I’m not going to act like we took out a great team…but stupid takes galore on this board

I will answer after I see what Milrose does next week. If he gets shutdown I will be more than Happy to come back and apologize for my lack of trust of UK defense vs a Running QB

Last edited:

Seems the way to beat Milroe is to force him to make decisions with his arm and not his legs.

He’s really talented, and throws a pretty ball, but he’s not the best decision-maker.

seemingly, UK will def have to maintain gap integrity and find someone who can put heat on Milroe

Milroe is not only fast but he runs like a fullback with great acceleration at the point of attack. Against LSU he ran for over 100 yards as well as throwing for 200. It will take the defense to not be vanilla or he will have a day but you have to make him beat you with his arm, not his leggs

I will answer after I see what Milrose does next week. If he gets shutdown I will be more than Happy to come back and apologize for my lack of trust of UK defense vs a Running QB
Bama will have 30+ on UK barring there isn't extreme weather...so you don't have to wait for the game. UK isn't having a good season but running QB has nothing to do with it (See Cook and Beck from Mizzou/UGA respectively. I'm extremely dissapointed in the job Stoops and White did in 2023...but this narrative UK struggles vs. running QB (or backup QBs) is not based in reality.

When UK has had a good D....we've been fine vs. running QBs and passing QBs. And when we've had a bad D....we've strugged vs. running QBs and passing QBs. It's really that simple.

And you would have never shut up had UK lost.

Just like always

Whatever happens is not enough
We should’ve won the game you fool. UK couldn’t help that those guys were missing but it’s embarrassing that our fans are celebrating like we just won something worth mentioning.

We should’ve won the game you fool. UK couldn’t help that those guys were missing but it’s embarrassing that our fans are celebrating like we just won something worth mentioning.
Thank you for the encouragement

UK did win something worth mentioning. It’s called an SEC Road win. BTW, UK covered the spread by about 5 times over or so, and it was against a rival

Oh, and it made UK Bowl eligible.

Hope your day is most awesome

Reactions: grevey35
What a miserable sad fan experience someone must have to not be happy and celebrate a win, any win in any game against anybody. The team only plays 12 damn days a year out of 365!

Milroe is not only fast but he runs like a fullback with great acceleration at the point of attack. Against LSU he ran for over 100 yards as well as throwing for 200. It will take the defense to not be vanilla or he will have a day but you have to make him beat you with his arm, not his leggs

Define vanilla and exactly what about UK's defense you think is vanilla.

What a miserable sad fan experience someone must have to not be happy and celebrate a win, any win in any game against anybody. The team only plays 12 damn days a year out of 365!

An sec road win nonetheless. Against a 4-4 team in a place we hadn't won in forever

Reactions: JHB4UK
People that parrot that line are still living in the previous decade. Kentucky's defenses under Stoops have largely been effective against duel threat QBs but it's still true the those type of QBs are difficult to defend because you have to play the run honest and can't over commit to the pass rush. So no defense is truly 100% "effective" against the DTs.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT