ADVERTISEMENT

When do you really, I mean really, feel the football season approaching?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
For me, it starts after the Fourth of July weekend.

I start to notice the outside lawn and garden departments at various stores getting smaller and smaller.

Back to school advertisements start popping up.

I'm not mowing the yard as often, due to the grass not growing as fast. And also because I'm a lazy ass.

SEC Media Days are just around the corner.

Man, I am so ready.

I start to notice the outside lawn and garden departments at various stores getting smaller and smaller.

I'm not mowing the yard as often, due to the grass not growing as fast. And also because I'm a lazy ass.

Man, I am so ready.
For me it kind of happens in different degrees. It starts up in May and June when I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and by the time July rolls around I'm in full blown football mode. Once August starts and practices and stuff start it kicks up another level to the point where I can hardly wait.

About the first week in August before Southern Colorado Catholic U plays Central College of the Dakotas on a Thursday.

Man, I am so ready.
Right after spring game...love fb better than bb...24/7 365...will be at all 13 games...!!!!

Right with you on the after-July-4th timing, OP. Anticipation is more acute this summer than any in recent memory. Coming up to Lexington for 2 maybe 3 games this season. This somewhat mild July 4th weekend (for this area) + Kash Daniel good news have accelerated it all a bit for me. Can't wait.

spring game. the older i get the more of a football fan i become... especially college. always liked pro better but that has kinda flipped the last 10 years or so. spring game gets me curious enough about position groups that i cant wait for fall camp anymore. with the internet there is enough info to keep me engaged through summer and with the way stoops and staff are recruiting... it's actually fun to follow and get involved in recruiting.

Usually in August is when I feel football season is right around the corner. With the Reds being a bust this year I am already tuning my attention to UK football and the bengals as well. I prefer college over pro though but watch both.

IMO, College Football is the sport of all sports followed by mlb. The worst, most depressing days of the year are those days/ months between the end of bowl season and mlb opening day. It's sort of like life resumes when baseball returns, but life really starts to blossum when SEC media days roll around.

For me, it's when players report to campus and we all start checking in to see who has and hasn't made it.

When the players report to campus in August. It's football time in the Bluegrass!!

When the sweat bees...some people call them corn flies start buzzing around. Nothing said Two-a-days like 8am practice in 90% humidity and those little bastards flying in the ear hole of your helmet.

When fall practice starts is when I really, really start getting up for football.

When I get my Phil Steele mag, which I did at lunch today. Usually available about the first of July, so now I have some studying to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT