ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever they are paying Coach Welch…

Offense is good but hell it looked good last year in the Bahamas for the most part too. I'll wait til the actual season before I judge.
Agree. It’s early but there is still a bunch of standing around and dribbling with no purpose. Lots of 1or 2 dribbles and then they pick it up, with nowhere to go. Hopefully the big guys will help with this if and when they come back.

Reactions: screwduke1
We had Toppin, Livingston and Oscar as 3 of our best 5 players. Any coach that would run a 5 out with those three would lose every game.

seems like shooting a bunch of long 2's didnt work either.

Agree. It’s early but there is still a bunch of standing around and dribbling with no purpose. Lots of 1or 2 dribbles and then they pick it up, with nowhere to go. Hopefully the big guys will help with this if and when they come back.
I wish we had at least one of Bradshaw/Ugo playing to get a better gauge of the offense. We know it wont be constant small ball when we (hopefully) get both back for the season.

I agree i noticed some baseline movement that is not typical in cal’s teams on offense and I thought of Welch too

But also remember there was no big man. Last year in the Bahamas Oscar didn’t play that much so they weren’t going through the post and moved the ball differently than they did when Oscar came back in the regular season.

We also had a couple really cool inbounds plays and we know that definitely wasn’t cal. I’m choosing the believe Welch is gonna make a big difference on offense but im also cautiously optimistic considering this isn’t the full team we should hopefully have this fall.

I agree i noticed some baseline movement that is not typical in cal’s teams on offense and I thought of Welch too

But also remember there was no big man. Last year in the Bahamas Oscar didn’t play that much so they weren’t going through the post and moved the ball differently than they did when Oscar came back in the regular season.

We also had a couple really cool inbounds plays and we know that definitely wasn’t cal. I’m choosing the believe Welch is gonna make a big difference on offense but im also cautiously optimistic considering this isn’t the full team we should hopefully have this fall.

Is Welch an offensive guru or what?

We HAVE to get our big men back anyone who believes we can win the SEC with this lineup is smoking something, Auburn, Tenn, Bama all have at least 4 guys bigger and better than the guys that gave us trouble today. Plus the 24 second makes it a completely different game. IMO we haven't seen the offense we will be running this year and will not at this tourney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT